The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Saka and Eze on we need to get another goal to quieten the crowd here.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Eze goes close, should have scored.
    Bellingham with a great run, reminds me of Zidane at times.
    Wow Bellingham absolute class assist to Kane goal. 3 - 1 England.
    Amazingly after 85 minutes Scotland's only shot on target was Maguire's.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Testament to England’s strength is I never even thought of Saka one of our best players until he came on as sub, TAA, Shaw, Stones, Reece James and Grealish not even in the squad.

TAA, Bellingham and Rice is the perfect midfield for me that will take us to glory.
    'To Wildcard or Not to Wildcard, that is the question...'
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Wildcard is a decent option this gw.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Long week, but I finally got time to sit down with my team. Made a transfer just now, and considering if I should take a -4 while I'm at it…
    I ended up over sleeping so missed the deadline, I did make one transfer yesterday.
    I ended up over sleeping so missed the deadline, I did make one transfer yesterday.

Who knows, making no transfers might be the best outcome in the end!

To be honest I did not have a master plan with transfers and if i had hit my Wildcard I may have kept most of my squad.
    Here are the gameweek 5 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 9
    Saka: 3
    Maddison: 2
    Son: 1
    Mbuemo: 1
    N. Jackson: 1

No surprise to see Haaland topping the captainccy list yet again, even with a potentially tricky fixture against West Ham. 8 managers have looked elsewhere with their captaincy picks, with Saka and Maddison being the only other captains backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

To be honest I did not have a master plan with transfers and if i had hit my Wildcard I may have kept most of my squad.

I think this is a tricky week to wildcard, unless there are big issues with your team. Many managers still have many of the same players, and there aren't that many players that have stood out yet, besides the pool of players that many already own anyway.

I think this is a tricky week to wildcard, unless there are big issues with your team. Many managers still have many of the same players, and there aren't that many players that have stood out yet, besides the pool of players that many already own anyway.

I brought in Rasmus, i know he is not proven as yet it was more to do with me being a United fan than FPL. Bruno was on fire during the International break so hopefully he will set up Rasmus for a few goals.

I brought in Rasmus, i know he is not proven as yet it was more to do with me being a United fan than FPL. Bruno was on fire during the International break so hopefully he will set up Rasmus for a few goals.

Will be interesting to see how Rasmus Højlund adapts to the PL. Could be a great signing for United.

Will be interesting to see how Rasmus Højlund adapts to the PL. Could be a great signing for United.

Rasmus will improve us, we got third place last year with Weghorst not scoring goals as our number 9 lol

Rasmus will improve us, we got third place last year with Weghorst not scoring goals as our number 9 lol

Everyone is talking about Rasmus hopefully he starts ?
    They should have 3 transfers per gw imo ?
    5 games on at the same time coming up is a scheduling mistake.

Very true!
    Really wishing I had hit my wildcard right now lol Man United losing as is City.
    I have stopped listening and checking the Man United result X_X we have big problems.
    City winning their game as things stand, but West Ham have played well today.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Liverpool only showed up for the second half, which was good enough for the win. Pablo Neto had been outstanding in the first half but like the rest of his team just ran out of gas ....
    Watching MUFC/BHA, on delay sixty minutes in. Rashford looks good, but the rest of his team not so much ... losing 0-2 to a team on six substitutions from their last game. Looking forward to Ansu Fati ....
    Gotta love Brighton ... just so much fun to watch!
    Wow, the West Ham / City game is really great!,,
    Basic counterattack again possession, with 2 wonderful goals so far, including a genius one from the MC new guy, Doku ...
    I hate football :))
    Didn't have the chance to watch all the football today, but really happy Arsenal managed a hard fought win. That being said, they do look to struggle this season.
    The two games today were pretty boring, or what I saw was as I slept through the second half of Everton/Arsenal ....
    Harry Kane: Tottenham have buy-back clause to re-sign former striker from Bayern Munich, says chairman Daniel Levy