The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803
    I had a bit of a panic almost forgot about FPL, then saw the deadline is tomorrow. i just made one transfer in the end, not ready to use my Wildcard yet and also not taken a hit this season.
    Here's a quick look at gameweek 5 before we head into gameweek 6! Gameweek 5 was a rather disappointing gameweek for many of us, where many popular players failed to deliver. The average gameweek score reflects that as well, at only 44 points. Our league didn't see the highest scores either, but there were a few teams with decent scores even so, best of which was Liverpool Richmond, scoring 54 points. Congratulations! =D>

15CVS3g.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond

Remember the gameweek 6 deadline tomorrow at 13:30 UK time!
    I had a bit of a panic almost forgot about FPL, then saw the deadline is tomorrow. i just made one transfer in the end, not ready to use my Wildcard yet and also not taken a hit this season.

Really wish my team was in a shape where I could get away with making just or or two transfers! After having looked at my team throughout the week, I've decided to play an early wildcard. There's too many issues, and a couple of players who might not now be nailed to start.

I don't really like playing the wildcard this early, but it's better to play it rather than waiting another week and maybe regret not having done so.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Really wish my team was in a shape where I could get away with making just or or two transfers! After having looked at my team throughout the week, I've decided to play an early wildcard. There's too many issues, and a couple of players who might not now be nailed to start.

I don't really like playing the wildcard this early, but it's better to play it rather than waiting another week and maybe regret not having done so.

I am not totally happy with my team though there are a few tough fixtures which are difficult to call so decided to play it safe, the player I brought in could easily be rested because they are at City lol.

I am not totally happy with my team though there are a few tough fixtures which are difficult to call so decided to play it safe, the player I brought in could easily be rested because they are at City lol.

This is the reason why I would ideally like to wait longer; there are some fixtures that make selecting a good wildcard team very difficult. I think I just have to cover upcoming fixtures the best I can, and also make a plan for future transfers, so that I can easily jump on players which might be popular on wildcards in a few weeks time.

This is the reason why I would ideally like to wait longer; there are some fixtures that make selecting a good wildcard team very difficult. I think I just have to cover upcoming fixtures the best I can, and also make a plan for future transfers, so that I can easily jump on players which might be popular on wildcards in a few weeks time.

I wanted to bring in Salah though was 1 Million short and did not want to take hits.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited September 2023 Posts: 735
    Ward Prowse with another 2 assists yesterday ... and lots of other sleeper MF options in the 5.5 to 7.0 range, including Doku, Neto, and Diaby.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited September 2023 Posts: 8,172
    Rashford was awful in that game. Reguilon was United's best player.

Agree Reguilon showing the right attitude.

United have got to stop playing Casemiro and Ericsson together in the middle, Eriksson should only play as a 10 he offers very little defensive cover and is part of the reason teams are walking through our midfield

Hopefully Amrabat will start at the weekend.

Having Eriksen and Casemiro on at the same time last year worked because United were mainly focused on playing on the counter. They were right next to each other, always, and mostly sitting deep and picking up loose balls 25 yards out. It worked. The spirit was high because that style allowed us to not play particularly well but get results because the players were high in spirit.

I'm not overly keen on how boldly Ten Hag has tried to implement a new style; it's left a lot of the players who were effective last year in limbo, and ironically left us looking like we have no style of play at all.
    Rashford was awful in that game. Reguilon was United's best player.

Agree Reguilon showing the right attitude.

United have got to stop playing Casemiro and Ericsson together in the middle, Eriksson should only play as a 10 he offers very little defensive cover and is part of the reason teams are walking through our midfield

Hopefully Amrabat will start at the weekend.

Having Eriksen and Casemiro on at the same time last year because United were mainly focused on playing on the counter. They were right next to each other, always, and mostly sitting deep and picking up loose balls 25 yards out. It worked. The spirit was high because that style allowed us to not play particularly well but get results because the players were high in spirit.

I'm not overly keen on how boldly Ten Hag has tried to implement a new style; it's left a lot of the players who were effective last year in limbo, and ironically left us looking like we have no style of play at all.

Trying to play 'total football' when we don't have the players to implement it is a problem, short term Ten Hag has got to grind out results.

I believe Ten Hag is the right man though he may not get time to prove it if he does does change things, another issue and history shows this, many of the squad are poor at adapting to new formations and styles of play.

I am watching the Burnley game tonight, it is a must win game for me United have to stop the rot.

I wanted to bring in Salah though was 1 Million short and did not want to take hits.

Salah was a big reason for me to wildcard too. I wanted a team that allowed having him in midfield.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Here are the gameweek 6 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 13
    Mbuemo: 1
    Salah: 1
    Saka: 1
    Jackson: 1

No surprise to see Haland by far the most captained player yet again, backed by 13 managers in our league. He's the only player backed by more than one manager this gameweek. Good luck everyone!
    I can't see myself taking captaincy of Haaland all season when fit.

He has scored predictably.
    I certainly regret going rogue captaining Son last gameweek! :))

Ouch! though after what happened the previous GW with Son getting a Hatrick and the fixture I can see why.
    Everton take an unexpected lead at Brentford and I must say they are showing fight. Doucoure with the goal
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 17,660

Ouch! though after what happened the previous GW with Son getting a Hatrick and the fixture I can see why.

It was admittedly quite a kneejerk transfer, but one I hoped would work out straight away. Wasn't to be though…
    Everton take an unexpected lead at Brentford and I must say they are showing fight. Doucoure with the goal

When I wildcard and pick Flekken for his clean sheet potential in this game…
    Almost 2 - 0 Everton had a great chance.

It was admittedly quite a kneejerk transfer, but one I hoped would work out straight away. Wasn't to be though…

When I wildcard and pick Flekken for his clean sheet potential in this game…

Doucoure almost scored again great shot though hit the cross bar.
    Brentford goal and screaming low shot... gone to VAR... Very close in the build up looks just on...
    Goal given think it was Jensen.
    Beto agonizingly close with a scuffed chip. Entertaining game.
    Beto making good runs his finishing is a bit off.
    Wow Everton take the lead Tarkowski and thoroughly deserved, far the better side in the second half.
    Everton get a third...

The Man United line up gave me a shiver down my spine wtf...

Ten Hag has not much option it seems as more players out injured.
    Great result for Everton and happy for Dyche I am a big fan, I am sure after that performance Dyche can climb Everton up the table.
    Come on United we need to win this.
    Burnley hit the post should be ahead, United been rubbish.
    Mam United scored and it was Evans :))
    VAR... looks obstruction from Rasmus dam.
    No goal, I was happy for 10 seconds.