The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    lol that was well over the line...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    So bloody obvious, now they are checking an offside...
    VAR is a joke, goal given finally.
    edited October 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Wow 3 - 0 Newcastle Longstaff, PSG look light weight against a rugged tough to beat side.
    3 - 1 PSG scored looked close with offside decision.
    I wish Rashford had the work rate of Antony Gordon, this kid is a diesel he never stops.
    What a goal 4 - 1 Newcastle.
    Great win for Newcastle though I am not surprised, Newcastle are built on attrition and are very good at what they do.
    Missing a lot of football action this week. Got hit by a football to my right arm a bit surprisingly when playing cageball on Sunday, and now I'm sitting here with a cast and bandage and a small fracture to deal with! :)) Will post the regular gameweek update in time for the next deadline.
    Missing a lot of football action this week. Got hit by a football to my right arm a bit surprisingly when playing cageball on Sunday, and now I'm sitting here with a cast and bandage and a small fracture to deal with! :)) Will post the regular gameweek update in time for the next deadline.

Ouch! how heavy was the ball it must have been hit with some force, how long will you have to wear the cast, I have only ever broken my ribs never a limb.

Ouch! how heavy was the ball it must have been hit with some force, how long will you have to wear the cast, I have only ever broken my ribs never a limb.

Let's just say, the guy who kicked the ball couldn't have hit the ball better! I don't really know how long I have to wear it yet – some weeks most likely. it's just a small fracture, so I have to visit the hospital next week for a check, and I'll probably know more then. It doesn't hurt too much though fortunately – It's most painful when I have to get dressed and bending forwards. Sitting stationary at work is also no problem.

Let's just say, the guy who kicked the ball couldn't have hit the ball better! I don't really know how long I have to wear it yet – some weeks most likely. it's just a small fracture, so I have to visit the hospital next week for a check, and I'll probably know more then. It doesn't hurt too much though fortunately – It's most painful when I have to get dressed and bending forwards. Sitting stationary at work is also no problem.

That's good, nothing worse than constant pain and I am not a fan of painkillers they don't agree with me.

When I broke my ribs I was unable to get up properly so if I was laid down I had to fall on the floor first to get up lol It's amazing how small breaks/fractures can impact how the body functions.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Sorry to hear that.
    Get better soon, we need you :)>-
    Wildcard active I am likely to change a few players over the next 24 hours.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 2023 Posts: 2,454
    Saka 75% chance of playing
    Estupiñán, Sven Botman injured in my squad

Postecoglou: VAR should be scrapped , i don't think so............

That's good, nothing worse than constant pain and I am not a fan of painkillers they don't agree with me.

When I broke my ribs I was unable to get up properly so if I was laid down I had to fall on the floor first to get up lol It's amazing how small breaks/fractures can impact how the body functions.

That must have been horrible! Have never broken any ribs fortunately – and I certainly hope I won't!

I haven't taken many painkillers after the injury, so all in all it's the lack of movement which is the worst thing about the injury.

Sorry to hear that.
    Get better soon, we need you :)>-

I'll try to be active on the forum as much as I can, haha!
    ______

I'm strongly considering a -8 the week after I hit the wildcard button…
    Here's a quick gameweek 7 update before the gameweek 8 deadline in under an hour! Gameweek 7 saw a considerably lower average score than gameweek 6's 68 points – with 49 points this time around. Many teams mananged a lot better of course, especially those fortunate enough to own Watkins for his 3 goals and 2 assists. What a game he had! Our gameweek 7 winner owns Watkins, and despite Haaland failing to deliver, other players did, to bring Liverpool Richmond's gameweek score to 74 points. Congratulations! =D>

MT2H36s.jpg

Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond

_________

Remember the gameweek 8 deadline at 11:00 UK time!
  • edited October 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Here are the gameweek 8 captaincy picks!
    Maddison: 1
    Son: 3
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 4
    Højlund: 1

There are several managers looking elsewhere than to Haaland this week, but the striker is still the most captained player in our league, playing an Arsenal with some injury doubts among their squad. Spurs have a good fixture this week, and it's no surprise to see Son and Maddison represented in our captaincy list. Salah and Højlund are the final two players whom managers are backing this gameweek. Good luck everyone!
    Spurs down to 10 men my Wildcard already backfired.... actually that is not true I forgot I switched Son to Salah late on.

Luton should have scored...
    I got rid of all my United asset I think we are in deep trouble I hope i am wrong though i think we will lose today.
    Varane injured so it looks like a back 4 of Dalot, Evans, Maguire and Lindelof.

At least Amrabat is in midfield though with Bruno and Mount on the pitch it looks like Bruno may be on the right wing again.

Mbeumo could have a field day with the lack of pace in our back 4.

We have no defenders on our bench, nightmare.
    Maddison just got me an assist, Van der en with the goal.
    Man United 0 - 1 Brentford at half time another terrible display, its down to a combination of things injury's, De Gea leaving, signings, off field issue's... ultimately it is down to the manager and the current evidence suggests TH may have lost the dressing room based on the games I have watched.

TH is making a catalog of bad decisions, constantly playing our best player Bruno on the right wing is infuriating. Second half kicked off will these players fight for the win...

I must say Onana and Mount have contributed to destabilizing the team and at this point seem pointless signings.

I want TH to do well though he is not giving me much confidence.
    Rashford and Mount off, Garnacho and Antony on which means Bruno is now finally at number 10...
    Two times I've captained Son this season, and both times he's blanked. He's my new Harry Kane! :))
    OMG Mctominay scores twice in injury time to save TH and get a win wt...
    TH owes Mctominay a pint, international break up next a lot of work needs to be done and desperately need players back. The consensus from some is TH has lost some of the players, we are never going to get relegated I think you have to keep TH till the end of the season, who else is there to bring in?
  • edited October 2023 Posts: 17,660

Massive three points for United, all things considered.
    TH owes Mctominay a pint, international break up next a lot of work needs to be done and desperately need players back. The consensus from some is TH has lost some of the players, we are never going to get relegated I think you have to keep TH till the end of the season, who else is there to bring in?

Well, Ole is still available, I guess! I think there are several names that could do a good job at United, though coming in mid season is a big ask for managers of the stature United aim for. Any manager would ideally get a full preseason.

Is TH the right man, on the other hand? Maybe, maybe not… I haven't watched the entire interview, but Zlatan makes a good point to Piers Morgan about TH and the fact that at Ajax he's mainly developed talent rather than big names.

Massive three points for United, all things considered.

Well, Ole is still available, I guess! I think there are several names that could do a good job at United, though coming in mid season is a big ask for managers of the stature United aim for. Any manager would ideally get a full preseason.

Is TH the right man, on the other hand? Maybe, maybe not… I haven't watched the entire interview, but Zlatan makes a good point to Piers Morgan about TH and the fact that at Ajax he's mainly developed talent rather than big names.

It is in TH hands personally he has got to stop persisting with something that does not work and be braver and drop player who are not performing.

Our injuries are in defense so we have most of our attackers, the top end of the pitch is not functioning so TH needs to fix that we have players that can score goals though the balance is all wrong. the sub's bench bailed us out today.
    Really looking forward to the 2 televised games tomorrow should both be great.