The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2023 Posts: 24,803
    No Saka and Martinelli still out for Arsenal big loses.

At least Havertz is not playing at 10.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Martinelli on the bench.
    Sky are pointing out Kovavic as City's weakness and they have evidence to back it up.

Rodri is a big miss for them.
    Arsenal lost to City 12 games in a row in the league wt...
    City's midfield does ;look weak, another 2 - 2 draw that is my prediction.
    My gut says Trossard will do well in this game.
    City could have scored twice in first few minutes.
    Kovacic lucky to be on the pitch.
    Pep was smart to strengthen there defense as attacking wise they are weaker than last season, they miss Gundogun and Mahrez.
    No idea why I swapped Gvardiol for Akanji though I could just blame it on Pep Roulette.
    This game is a bit boring, lack of quality from both sides.
    This City side is far from the team that would Tiki-taka around the opponents box until they ground them down.
    Martinelli wicked deflection, to be fare it is deserved city not been great.
    Haaland getting not getting any service maybe he is not fixture proof...
    Why did I bench Zinchenko and my last sub so do not even come in for Akanji gr!!!
    City have looked no better than United to be honest, a lot of possession etc not much product... The possession stats probably gone down in the second half.
    Glad I included Salah on my wildcard. Didn't consider captaining him today though!

Yeah I was just thinking the same regarding Salah as captain, I am stubbornly sticking with Haaland he can get a hatrick at any time, the risk of not captaining Haaland is too high I got stung a few times last season.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't score vs Arsenal today. He's been my captain all week, until I transferred in Son.

Spurs going to 10 men did not help though I think Son will get hauls, the only reason I have not jumped on the Spurs as contenders band wagon is because there squad has not got enough depth. Spurs will have a bad run at some point.

Yes, they don't have the strongest bench, that's for sure. But they do seem to have turned things around as a team (unfortuntelly, I might add!)

Spurs have a very good first 11, still baffled why Man United never went in for Bissouma as far back as Ole, we were heavily linked with him, excellent player.

Indeed, one of those "what ifs". He would have been a great signing.

Had to log off all social media before the game, as the game itself was tense enough to watch. Can't believe Arsenal won it, really. Certainly deserved looking at how the game was, and the fact that Kovačić somehow stayed on after two tackles that could have been red cards in isolation.

I'm not one for conspiracies, but Michael Oliver and the linesman were refereeing in United Arab Emirates midweek…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 2023 Posts: 2,454
    Glad I included Salah on my wildcard. Didn't consider captaining him today though!

Yeah I was just thinking the same regarding Salah as captain, I am stubbornly sticking with Haaland he can get a hatrick at any time, the risk of not captaining Haaland is too high I got stung a few times last season.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't score vs Arsenal today. He's been my captain all week, until I transferred in Son.

Spurs going to 10 men did not help though I think Son will get hauls, the only reason I have not jumped on the Spurs as contenders band wagon is because there squad has not got enough depth. Spurs will have a bad run at some point.

Yes, they don't have the strongest bench, that's for sure. But they do seem to have turned things around as a team (unfortuntelly, I might add!)

Spurs have a very good first 11, still baffled why Man United never went in for Bissouma as far back as Ole, we were heavily linked with him, excellent player.

Had to log off all social media before the game, as the game itself was tense enough to watch. Can't believe Arsenal won it, really. Certainly deserved looking at how the game was, and the fact that Kovačić somehow stayed on after two tackles that could have been red cards in isolation.

I'm not one for conspiracies, but Michael Oliver and the linesman were refereeing in United Arab Emirates midweek…

Nice deflected strike winner by Martinelli.
    Always good to see manc lose.
    Maybe the ref had Kovačić in his fpl team ? :))

Nice deflected strike winner by Martinelli.
    Always good to see manc lose.
    Maybe the ref had Kovačić in his fpl team ? :))

Wouldn't surprise me! :))
    Due to a hand injury that in the end required surgery, I'm a bit late with the gameweek 8 update – but here it is! Gameweek 8 was a low scoring gameweek with an average score of just 44 points. But as we see from the gameweek scores in our league, some teams had a very good gameweek. Best of which was LVLA Skopje 05, finishing the gameweek with 90 impressive points, and a gameweek rank of 3460! Congratulations! =D>

5DaUVTw.jpg

Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05

______

The international break is coming to and end, and we have another deadline this Saturday, at 11:00 UK time.
    Due to a hand injury that in the end required surgery, I'm a bit late with the gameweek 8 update – but here it is! Gameweek 8 was a low scoring gameweek with an average score of just 44 points. But as we see from the gameweek scores in our league, some teams had a very good gameweek. Best of which was LVLA Skopje 05, finishing the gameweek with 90 impressive points, and a gameweek rank of 3460! Congratulations! =D>

5DaUVTw.jpg

Gameweek winners:
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you

______

The international break is coming to and end, and we have another deadline this Saturday, at 11:00 UK time.

What part of your hand required surgery ?
    I had a quick look at my team, not confident for the weekend lol

England v Italy Rashford done well scored a good goal.
    3 - 1 Kane gets his second with a great individual goal.
    Neymar torn his ACL nasty injury could be career ending...
    Debating whether to bring in United player(s) for the Sheffield United game. As bad as Sheffield are Man United could easily mess the game up on current form.

5DaUVTw.jpg

Gameweek winners:

______

It was a part of my wrist that had managed to get into an unnatural angle, so they had to do surgery. I got a metal plate and screws in place there now. I'm still a bit sore, and I can't use my hand for any heavy lifting for at least six weeks, but I feel much better after the surgery than I did before!

Read about that. It's not his first injury either…
    Debating whether to bring in United player(s) for the Sheffield United game. As bad as Sheffield are Man United could easily mess the game up on current form.

I'm debating if I should make any transfers this week. My transfers so far this season has really not worked out, and doing nothing might be the best strategy. There are several issues in my team though, so it's something to think about until the deadline.

5DaUVTw.jpg

Gameweek winners:

______

It was a part of my wrist that had managed to get into an unnatural angle, so they had to do surgery. I got a metal plate and screws in place there now. I'm still a bit sore, and I can't use my hand for any heavy lifting for at least six weeks, but I feel much better after the surgery than I did before!

I'm debating if I should make any transfers this week. My transfers so far this season has really not worked out, and doing nothing might be the best strategy. There are several issues in my team though, so it's something to think about until the deadline.

Did you get that wrist injury from someone kicking a football to it ?

EPL back at last (feels like it's been months) got to make a change to some long term ?injured players, like most people i suppose ?

Liverpool early kick off again, Klopp hates those.....

5DaUVTw.jpg

Gameweek winners:

______

Did you get that wrist injury from someone kicking a football to it ?

EPL back at last (feels like it's been months) got to make a change to some long term ?injured players, like most people i suppose ?

Liverpool early kick off again, Klopp hates those.....

Haha, yes! It was quite the kick to the ball though, and at close range :))

With five minutes to go, I'm tempted to make a transfer… I just don't know if it's better to save and get that second free transfer instead. Botman is injured for me, but he's on my bench anyway. If there aren't any news as to his injury situation by next gameweek, I'll be looking at transferring him out.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Hope the recovery goes well @Torgeirtrap [-O<
    Here are the gameweek 9 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 7
    Son: 1
    Isak: 1

It's close between Salah and Haaland as the most captained player in our league this gameweek, but the City striker is yet again topping the list. Good luck everyone!
    Hope the recovery goes well @Torgeirtrap [-O<

Thank you, @CraigMooreOHMSS! :) It was a fast and normal procedure, so I expect the recovery will go well.