The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Amrabat was a shield when on the pitch, now there is way too much space.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I want TH to do well though his selection and tactics are not good, I don't want to keep blaming injuries as most of our attacking players are rubbish this season.
    3 - 0
    If Amrabat is not injured a lot of people will be calling for the manager to go.
    Martial and Antony coming on with 5 minutes to go what a joke.
    Game over, big questions to be asked it is not so much losing but how we lost and how we have played all season.
    I expect Luton at home will be a great fixture for Watkins and Villa!

The healing process is going just fine, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I removed the stitches from the operation today, but I can't use my hand properly just yet, as I should avoid any heavy lifting until the follow up with the doctor in about a month. Most of the everyday stuff is manageable though.

That is positive, stitches? Did you have issues with your tendons also?

I fell asleep so missed the Spurs game, I see they won again...

No, luckily it didn't look like there were any tendon issues. Just a fracture which required a plate being inserted.

Spurs are really on a roll now. Wonder how far they can go on without losing a game…
    Mbeumo on 2 bonus points which i desperately need.

I had two -4 transfer options before the deadline. One of which included getting rid of Mbuemo, the other one – which I ended up doing – placed him first on the bench. Udogie not featuring means I get his points off the bench! First proper jammy points of the season for me :))

What are jammy points ?

Mbeumo is first benched by me too.... :-O Hopefully someone doesn't play....

Nice hattrick by eddie. 👍

Bellingham is flying for real,i never expected that.

Jammy points are just points you wouldn't have got without a bit of luck :D
    I expect Luton at home will be a great fixture for Watkins and Villa!

The healing process is going just fine, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I removed the stitches from the operation today, but I can't use my hand properly just yet, as I should avoid any heavy lifting until the follow up with the doctor in about a month. Most of the everyday stuff is manageable though.

That is positive, stitches? Did you have issues with your tendons also?

I fell asleep so missed the Spurs game, I see they won again...

No, luckily it didn't look like there were any tendon issues. Just a fracture which required a plate being inserted.

Spurs are really on a roll now. Wonder how far they can go on without losing a game…
    Mbeumo on 2 bonus points which i desperately need.

I had two -4 transfer options before the deadline. One of which included getting rid of Mbuemo, the other one – which I ended up doing – placed him first on the bench. Udogie not featuring means I get his points off the bench! First proper jammy points of the season for me :))

Has the plate now been removed? Happy it is recovering well, any type of break is a pain.

No, the plate is there to stay. Indeed, any type of break obviously come with discomfort. Luckily I've been able to function as normal despite discomfort, and everything has been much better since the operation. :)
    Who is Dide? 🤔🎙 | Meet the rapper who plays in the Premier League ⚽

People are speculating that this mystery player is Nketiah

First time I've seen this Dide. Is his speaking voice really that similar to Nketiah though?

Funny enough i watched an interview post United win he was with Saka and Saka actually sounded closer in voice tone to the mystery rapper.

That thought crossed my mind too, actually… I expect we might know the identity of this rapper at some stage, unless he manages to keep his identity well hidden, like Banksy, for example.

______

Completely forgot about the United-City game today! In hindsight, and looking at United's defence, I regret not captaining Haaland. Not that Salah was a bad captaincy pick obviously, but still…
    edited November 2023 Posts: 24,803
    My United bias stopped me Captaining Haaland.

United's misery continues now losing at home in the cup.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited November 2023 Posts: 2,454

Ollie Watkins did nothing as C last gw. Better off sticking with Erling every week.

Should they sack the manager if Manu lose to Fulham ? Get De Zerbi ?

Ollie Watkins did nothing as C last gw. Better off sticking with Erling every week.

Should they sack the manager if Manu lose to Fulham ? Get De Zerbi ?

I would give Ten Hag time as I want him to do well though there are a lot of reports he has lost some of the players. Also it is a results business on that basis i would not be surprised if he is gone within a few weeks.
    Its been reported TH will take charge of the Fulham game though there must be an up turn in results...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Its been reported TH will take charge of the Fulham game though there must be an up turn in results...

It will be a interesting game for sure.

Newcastle v Arsenal another top watch.
    Here's a very late look at gameweek 10! This was another eventful gameweek for many managers, with an overall average of 66 points – just one point less than gameweek 9. Our league did really well too, best of which was Cremonese-killen, scoring 88 points. Congratulations! =D>

P3icY4t.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    ________

We're less than an hour away from the gameweek 11 deadline. Make sure to have your teams ready by then!

One of the regular PL reporters here in Norway wouldn't rule out a caretaker return for Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Not sure he nor the club would be up for that though…
    Completely missed deadline due to work, though managerd to steal 2 hours to watch united... its now or never fro TH I feel.

Interesting line up, Varane benched. Rashford and Casemiro not in match day squad.

One of the regular PL reporters here in Norway wouldn't rule out a caretaker return for Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Not sure he nor the club would be up for that though…

Anything is possible with United though i would genuinely be shocked if Ole returned.
    ten Hag is definitely at a moment in time where results need to come, so this is an interesting game to follow for sure. If results don't come though, you have to wonder who is likely to come in at this point of the season, ahead of a busy schedule.
    Maquire maybe off after 30 seconds with concusion...

Anything is possible with United though i would genuinely be shocked if Ole returned.

Me too. If anything, the comment from the reporter sounded more like something he want to see, more than anything else.
    Mctominay goal... Garnacho assist.
    VAR... Garnacho clearly onside though...
    offside for Maguire as he attempted to get the ball? hmm a bit Dodgy here, now it going to a bloody meeting .
    No goal.

Me too. If anything, the comment from the reporter sounded more like something he want to see, more than anything else.

Fletcher would probably get a game or two in charge which is probably worse lol
    First half flown by, with a few minutes left United have been just OK. Fulham to be honest are not very good, United need to take the handbrake off here or could shoot themselves in the foot.

Haha! I imagine they'd want to find a caretaker or manager with a bigger résumé.

Haha! I imagine they'd want to find a caretaker or manager with a bigger résumé.

The season is already a right off at this point i would just keep TH. According to reports United would have to pay off TH £15 million. I would let TH try to build a team we still have dead wood going back as far as Jose and Ole..
    He doesn't have an easy job, that's for sure, and what might be a difficult dressing room as well. One might wonder what another manager would be able to do with the same player material, but that's a big "what if"…
    He doesn't have an easy job, that's for sure, and what might be a difficult dressing room as well. One might wonder what another manager would be able to do with the same player material, but that's a big "what if"…

I was thinking back to both Klopp and Arteta they both finished lower down the league for a few seasons. Problem with United it is magnified to the extreme when we do bad and most in media wants us to fail. So called pundits this week have just blatantly said they are enjoying United doing bad.
    We get high up the pitch a lot though the quality in the final third is poor, has been poor all season.