The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

He doesn't have an easy job, that's for sure, and what might be a difficult dressing room as well. One might wonder what another manager would be able to do with the same player material, but that's a big "what if"…

I was thinking back to both Klopp and Arteta they both finished lower down the league for a few seasons. Problem with United it is magnified to the extreme when we do bad and most in media wants us to fail. So called pundits this week have just blatantly said they are enjoying United doing bad.

I've seen the same from pundits when Arsenal have had their worst seasons, to be honest – and even complaints about them celebrating wins when things have gone well for them… But that will always come as a result of being a club with bigger financial spending. With United, every manager will be measured against Alex Ferguson too, which in modern football is impossible to repeat.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    He doesn't have an easy job, that's for sure, and what might be a difficult dressing room as well. One might wonder what another manager would be able to do with the same player material, but that's a big "what if"…

I was thinking back to both Klopp and Arteta they both finished lower down the league for a few seasons. Problem with United it is magnified to the extreme when we do bad and most in media wants us to fail. So called pundits this week have just blatantly said they are enjoying United doing bad.

I've seen the same from pundits when Arsenal have had their worst seasons, to be honest – and even complaints about them celebrating wins when things have gone well for them… But that will always come as a result of being a club with bigger financial spending. With United, every manager will be measured against Alex Ferguson too, which in modern football is impossible to repeat.

Having watched AFTV and TroppsTV I know your own fans can go in on the club pretty bad, probably worse than our supporters in some cases.

Fulham getting closer not good...

Our passing is shocking.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Credit to Maquire in recent weeks he has showed that he will fight for the shirt, still not good enough long term.

Antony off not had a good game.
    TH needs to change our midfield now or Fulham will score.
    The whole AFTV and TroopsTV crew have only made things worse between the fans and the club – and the worse things have been, the more views they've got. I don't know how their viewer stats are these days, but they're certainly not mentioned as much now than what they did when the team performed at their worst.
    The whole AFTV and TroopsTV crew have only made things worse between the fans and the club – and the worse things have been, the more views they've got. I don't know how their viewer stats are these days, but they're certainly not mentioned as much now than what they did when the team performed at their worst.

That's the problem with fan channels its all about views so they sensationalize everything good or bad.
    Maguire now has 3 concussion checks...
    edited November 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Mount and Martial coming on... Mount this is your opportunity to kick start your career... come on...

That's the problem with fan channels its all about views so they sensationalize everything good or bad.

Indeed, everything gets exaggerated.
    Mount and Martial coming on... Mount this is your opportunity to kick start your career... come on...

Decordova-Reid on for Fulham. They too need fresh legs on.
    I think if these two played for another 90 minutes it would still be 0 - 0.
    Fulham with a free kick late on in a dangerous position...
    Goal Bruno get in, credit to Pelestri he just would not give up on the ball.
    Phew!!!
    Oh dear for a moment i thought we had given away a penalty.
    Huge three points for TH this.
    Luton at home next which will give us a chance to build on this. As bad as we have been we are still a point above Newcastle who could lose tonight, football is a crazy game.
    =D> It was not pretty though many of the players fought for the manager and the club.
    Easy 3-0 at half-time for City…
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Completely forgot about the gameweek 11 captaincy picks!
    Haaland:10
    Salah: 5
    Son: 2

There is just three captaincy picks this gameweek, with Haaland being preferred over Salah and Son by ten managers in our league. Salah and Son captainers might be having the last laugh as Haaland was subbed at half-time…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited November 2023 Posts: 2,454

There is just three captaincy picks this gameweek, with Haaland being preferred over Salah and Son by ten managers in our league. Salah and Son captainers might be having the last laugh as Haaland was subbed at half-time…

Yeah only 45 mins for erling this gw. I was thinking about using the triple captain on him.
    Nice points for Doku owners.......
    18 points with bonus not added yet on my bench sums up my GW, what a disaster so far.

City score six with now Haaland (c) involvement :))

Yeah only 45 mins for erling this gw. I was thinking about using the triple captain on him.

Good you avoided using the TC on him, then!
    18 points with bonus not added yet on my bench sums up my GW, what a disaster so far.

Don't think I'm any better off so far either… Expected a low scoring gameweek, but hoped Haaland would deliver in a great fixture!
    Someone will be sent off here i think getting heated.

Good you avoided using the TC on him, then!

Don't think I'm any better off so far either… Expected a low scoring gameweek, but hoped Haaland would deliver in a great fixture!

0- 0 at st James will suit me points wise, saying that just realized Znchenko is not even on the pitch lol
    That Havertz challenge I have seen Casemiro sent off for less, no consistency.
    Gordon goal
    VAR...
    Looks out to me...
    VAR is like watching a 3 Stooges production.
    What a farce.