The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 7 deadline: Sat 5 Oct 11:00*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 22 Posts: 2,477
    Saka off... White on.

I was going to say they should bring on White for Martinelli.
    Saka off... White on.

I would have kept Saka on they need an out ball, simply because of pace I would have taken Havertz off.

Saka is a better defender, corner taker and captain. Yeah Probably better off taking Havertz off.

Pep should have got a 🟥 for stomping the chair ?

Raya motm as i need some more points.....💲

Arsenal have a good trick when they take corners, they surround(block) the keeper ?

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Saka off... White on.

Saka off... White on.

I would have kept Saka on they need an out ball, simply because of pace I would have taken Havertz off.

Saka is a better defender, corner taker and captain. Yeah Probably better off taking Havertz off.

Arsenal have a good trick when they take corners, they surround(block) the keeper ?

Arsenal look well organized at set piexes, even though City look weaker I still think not buying an out and out striker will hurt Arsenal.

Saying that if Haaland is out they don't have much option up front either.
    Saka off... White on.

Saka off... White on.

Arsenal look well organized at set piexes, even though City look weaker I still think not buying an out and out striker will hurt Arsenal.

Nelson and Smith Rowe both scored this gw..........

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Saka off... White on.

Saka off... White on.

Nelson and Smith Rowe both scored this gw..........

I saw the chair stamp in the modern game I am surprised nothing was said.
    edited September 23 Posts: 24,880
    Mikel Arteta reacts to controversial Man City draw

I totally forgot Sterling had signed for Arsenal.
    edited September 23 Posts: 24,880

I was right Rodri out for the season with an ACL injury this will massively impact City, Arsenal for me are favorites to win the league.
  • edited September 23 Posts: 17,677
    Another gameweek is over, so let's have a look at how things went this weekend! Several popular picks delivered points for managers this weekend, and captaincy favourites like Haaland got on the scoresheet. Several managers in our league managed to beat the gameweek average score of 58, and for the first time this season, the gameweek winner spot is shared – not only by two, but three managers! Congratulations to Red Warriors, Dominics so Lanky ! and ????, who all finished the gameweek with 66 points. =D>

4nnBe5x.jpg
    Gameweek winners
    GW 1: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 2: Red Warriors
    GW 3: CSAC
    GW 4: Dominics so Lanky !
    GW 5: Red Warriors, Dominics so Lanky ! & ????
    ________

Next up is the gameweek 6 deadline, this Saturday at 11:00 UK time. Make sure to have your teams ready by then!

I was right Rodri out for the season with an ACL injury this will massively impact City, Arsenal for me are favorites to win the league.

Turned off the game after Trossard got his red card. Good thing I missed the second half and the late equaliser, because I was already furious :))

City still – by far – clear favourites in my view. Had they missed De Bruyne and Haaland for the rest of the season, things might have been more interesting. But I suspect they will run away from the rest and win the title, as usual…
    edited September 24 Posts: 2,477
    Erling Haaland will face no retrospective punishment for throwing the ball at Gabriel's head during Man City's feisty 2-2 draw with Arsenal on Sunday.

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright called Haaland's ball throw a "coward's move".

Here's what Haaland got up to...

As already mentioned, the Norwegian striker threw the ball at Gabriel following Stones' late equaliser
    Haaland then barged straight into Thomas Partey following the restart
    He then went head-to-head with Gabriel following the incident and appeared to ask Myles Lewis-Skelly: "Who the **** are you?"
    And finally, Haaland exchanged words with both Mikel Arteta and Gabriel Jesus after the final whistle
    Haaland said to Arteta: "Stay humble eh, stay humble eh." He then told Jesus to "get the **** away."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13220612/erling-haaland-man-city-striker-to-face-no-retrospective-punishment-over-arsenal-incidents-in-2-2-draw

The next game between the 2 should be good............ 💥
    edited September 24 Posts: 24,880
    Erling Haaland will face no retrospective punishment for throwing the ball at Gabriel's head during Man City's feisty 2-2 draw with Arsenal on Sunday.

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright called Haaland's ball throw a "coward's move".

As already mentioned, the Norwegian striker threw the ball at Gabriel following Stones' late equaliser
    He then went head-to-head with Gabriel following the incident and appeared to ask Myles Lewis-Skelly: "Who the **** are you?"
    And finally, Haaland exchanged words with both Mikel Arteta and Gabriel Jesus after the final whistle
    Haaland said to Arteta: "Stay humble eh, stay humble eh." He then told Jesus to "get the **** away."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13220612/erling-haaland-man-city-striker-to-face-no-retrospective-punishment-over-arsenal-incidents-in-2-2-draw

I am surprised he got away with all of that, at the very least he should be accountable for allegedly speaking to the ref in that manner.

I think it shows that city are rattled by Arsenal.

Turned off the game after Trossard got his red card. Good thing I missed the second half and the late equaliser, because I was already furious :))

City still – by far – clear favourites in my view. Had they missed De Bruyne and Haaland for the rest of the season, things might have been more interesting. But I suspect they will run away from the rest and win the title, as usual…

City's record without Rodri is not the best time will tell, I think its Arsenals to win now.

I am surprised he got away with all of that, at the very least he should be accountable for allegedly speaking to the ref in that manner.

I think it shows that city are rattled by Arsenal.

City's record without Rodri is not the best time will tell, I think its Arsenals to win now.

More rattling by city.....

Bernardo Silva mocks Arsenal trophy record & slams Mikel Arteta's tactics in scathing attack as Man City star also questions referee Michael Oliver's integrity after dramatic Etihad draw.

Michael Oliver left both Man City and Arsenal upset with his performance. The referee showed Arsenal's Trossard a second yellow card for kicking the ball away, despite Jeremy Doku appearing to avoid punishment for doing the same thing earlier in the first half, and City were upset that Kyle Walker was pulled out of position by Oliver before Arsenal's first goal.

Silva added: "It all started in the very first second. In the first action we realised what was going to happen. We had a player injured [Rodri] after they sent him to the ground twice in 10 minutes. We had a goal conceded after the referee called our captain and then didn't allow him to recover his position. The second goal is already their usual block to our 'keeper allowed by the referee.

"And then the referee allowed a sequence of time-wasting events. The thing that bothers me the most is having a lot of meetings with the FA at the beginning of each season. They tell us they will control this kind of situation and will stop them, but at the end it doesn't have any worth. They say a lot but nothing happens."

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/bernardo-silva-mocks-arsenal-trophy-record-slams-mikel-arteta-tactics-man-city-referee-michael-oliver-integrity/blt795fbf5aed60b4af#cs965ae9ee8a1a47f8
    City have had plenty go there way in the past you take it on the chin and move on, in City v Man United games they have been awarded favorable decisions many time.

I thought Arsenal showed a lot of resilience, City complaining like this shows Arsenal have got under there skin.
    Sad news Varane has been forced to retire at 31 due to injury a class player.
    There's always something about Michael Oliver… It will be interesting to see how he referees other big games this season. I won't be surprised if he's in the spotlight yet again.

I think it will need a lot more than just missing Rodri. There are so many good players in this City team (unfortunately).
    City have had plenty go there way in the past you take it on the chin and move on, in City v Man United games they have been awarded favorable decisions many time.

I thought Arsenal showed a lot of resilience, City complaining like this shows Arsenal have got under there skin.

It's great to see how they showed resilience in the most difficult game of the season. I have however seen people and opinion pieces on social media that they played cowardly for trying to defend their lead. Had it been most other clubs they would have been called clever, but once it's Arsenal…
    Sad news Varane has been forced to retire at 31 due to injury a class player.

Seeing these top players forced into retirement is sad. With the number of games they play now, I won't be surprised to see other big names retiring early due to injuries. I certainly don't think we'll see many of the players that play week in, week out now, will have careers as long as players like Zlatan, Ronaldo, Buffon, Pepe and Joaquín.
    David Raya Martin -Muscle injury - 75% chance of playing
    João Pedro Junqueira de Jesus -Ankle injury - Expected back 06 Oct
    I really hope Raya will be fit. Arsenal need their no. 1 if the want results this season.

Neto is cup tied and their third choice is injured, so Arsenal played 16 year old Jack Porter in the 5-1 win last night.
    Really wished I could be able to hold on to my wildcard until this gameweek. Now I will likely have to take a hit to sort out the recent injuries of João Pedro and Wissa…
    Isak is out too.
    Isak is out too.

He is? I guess many would have wildcarded or transferred him out by now, but still, he's a great player and will be a huge loss for Newcastle.
    edited 11:50am Posts: 24,880
    Missed the deadline again, went out for a run and the weather was too good so stayed out longer.

My team still has a multitude of issues from last week lol
    Isak out
    Nicolas Jackson in
    Only transfer i made was Jota to Dias last weekend, my team is a mess i should have taken a couple of HITS to sort it out..
    Gvardiol goal he is in my starting line up I will take that, Grealish assist.
    Here are the gameweek 6 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 6
    Salah: 4
    Saka: 2
    Palmer: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Watkins: 1
    N. Jackson: 1
    Mitoma: 1

Haaland and Salah are the go-to players for the captaincy this gameweek, with six and four players backing them respectively. Saka is the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Missed the deadline again, went out for a run and the weather was too good so stayed out longer.

Same here, haha!
    Isak out
    Nicolas Jackson in
    Only transfer i made was Jota to Dias last weekend, my team is a mess i should have taken a couple of HITS to sort it out..

Good moves for the both of you, IMO. Jota might play, but Diaz is the in form player of the two.
    edited 12:25pm Posts: 2,477

Same here, haha!
    Isak out
    Nicolas Jackson in

Good moves for the both of you, IMO. Jota might play, but Diaz is the in form player of the two.

My squad needs some "dark arts"😎

Erling fc got his achilles stomped on by burn......

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has demanded clarity from Arsenal counterpart Mikel Arteta over his comments about the Premier League champions' 'dark arts'
    All square in the arabian derby.

Raya starts🚀
    Happy days for Palmer captains, I am just glad I have him in my team.

Same here, haha!
    Isak out
    Nicolas Jackson in

My squad needs some "dark arts"😎

Erling fc got his achilles stomped on by burn......

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has demanded clarity from Arsenal counterpart Mikel Arteta over his comments about the Premier League champions' 'dark arts'

My squad too, the way things are going!

Interesting to see the comments to the media by Arteta and Pep. Subtle digs by Arteta towards Pep and City.
    Happy days for Palmer captains, I am just glad I have him in my team.

Had to make a move for Palmer or Saka for my transfers this gameweek. Guess I made the wrong choice :-O
    edited 2:59pm Posts: 24,880
    Palmer scores 4 :-O

Palmer is making up for my captaincy blank.