The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 8 deadline: Sat 19 Oct 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 28 Posts: 24,954
    Arsenal 2- 2 shock result incoming.

A side note starting more than 3 defenders this season is a waste of time so far from my experience.
    Phew! Absolutely dreadful to concede those goals, and absolutely fantastic to see those two goals give Arsenal a much needed win!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 28 Posts: 2,488
    Phew! Absolutely dreadful to concede those goals, and absolutely fantastic to see those two goals give Arsenal a much needed win!

I thought a Arsenal clean sheet (Raya points) after 2-0 up, what happened ?
    I have to watch the highlights later.

They got careless for the first goal, and the second was a wonder strike by Justin. I hope this serves as a wake up call, because they are not at their best missing players like Ødegaard.
    edited September 29 Posts: 2,488

They got careless for the first goal, and the second was a wonder strike by Justin. I hope this serves as a wake up call, because they are not at their best missing players like Ødegaard.

Justin scores 2 goals,as usual so unpredictable........

Liverpool gave away a clean sheet with a blunder too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 29 Posts: 24,954
    How the hell have I managed to get into 2nd place in our league I was doing terrible :))

I am totally confused by this, FPL has gremlins for sure.

I am confused seriously I think FPL broke or something, I was doing terrible.

---

I think today could be TH last game, not convinced the players are playing for him something is off. It is a shame I want him to do well though his in game management is not great.

I needed a Liverpool clean sheet to save my gameweek. Of course they conceded :))
    How the hell have I managed to get into 2nd place in our league I was doing terrible :))

---

I think today could be TH last game, not convinced the players are playing for him something is off. It is a shame I want him to do well though his in game management is not great.

Palmer was a massive differential though. Just owning him could turn league and overall positions upside down. Finding those picks throughout the season could be massive!

You really think so? I know things haven't gone well with TH, but who could they have lined up to replace him?

I needed a Liverpool clean sheet to save my gameweek. Of course they conceded :))

---

Palmer was a massive differential though. Just owning him could turn league and overall positions upside down. Finding those picks throughout the season could be massive!

You really think so? I know things haven't gone well with TH, but who could they have lined up to replace him?

Admittedly I was not paying attention to points only that I was in 8th I think and my GW's all seem to be bad this season.

With Villa away afetr today we must beat spurs at all cost's, I think RVN is a ready made replacement if TH does not improve.

---

Admittedly I was not paying attention to points only that I was in 8th I think and my GW's all seem to be bad this season.

With Villa away afetr today we must beat spurs at all cost's, I think RVN is a ready made replacement if TH does not improve.

Yeah i heard that RVN was hired to become the caretaker manager if TH was sacked ?

---

Yeah i heard that RVN was hired to become the caretaker manager if TH was sacked ?

That seems to be the rumour.

I really need to sort out my third striker Welbeck not doing enough..

---

Interesting re. RVN. I don't know how he's done as a coach, but I have no doubt he'd have the dressing room on his side.
    Massive red arrow for me this gameweek. I really need to sort out my wildcard errors now. Could be a -4 or -8 incoming…

---

Interesting re. RVN. I don't know how he's done as a coach, but I have no doubt he'd have the dressing room on his side.

RVN probably falls into the Ole category of being an ex legend which carries a lot of favor, talking of ole he was talking to the media and said he would return if asked though he really could not answer that question any other way I guess.
    Massive red arrow for me this gameweek. I really need to sort out my wildcard errors now. Could be a -4 or -8 incoming…

I seem to do better when i miss deadlines lol
    Team news Rashford starts, Amad benched for Garnacho which works for me as I benched Amad for Mbeumo this GW.

---

RVN probably falls into the Ole category of being an ex legend which carries a lot of favor, talking of ole he was talking to the media and said he would return if asked though he really could not answer that question any other way I guess.

I seem to do better when i miss deadlines lol

Hiring ex legends could work both ways, I guess. Depends if he's looked at for an interim or permanent solution too. Pretty sure he could bring that new manager bounce, at least.

I'd be much better off if I did miss a few deadlines, haha! My transfers this season have been really bad.
    Shocking 30 minutes by United this is awful, last time i saw us this bad Ole got sacked, I have watched this movie before I know how it ends. Lucky to be only losing 1 - 0 we could be 4 down already.
    Bruno red what a nightmare this game is, what was he thinking.
    Probably not worth a red ?

Ref seemed eager with his cards.

One of worst performances i have seen and we had some stinkers under Moyes and Ragnick.

TH has to go I just don't see any improvement from his first few games as United manager, the players are clearly not playing for him.
    edited October 1 Posts: 2,488

One of worst performances i have seen and we had some stinkers under Moyes and Ragnick.

TH has to go I just don't see any improvement from his first few games as United manager, the players are clearly not playing for him.

Papers: Man Utd must fork out £17.5m to sack Ten Hag
    That's a lot.......or maybe not?

Papers: Man Utd must fork out £17.5m to sack Ten Hag
    That's a lot.......or maybe not?

Its difficult to know what the board will do, though if he keeps losing they will have no option. It appears he will at least get two more games before the international break.

How much they will have to pay only TH and United will know what is in his contract. United may be prepared to allow a poor season as part of the rebuild.

Bruno missing for the next three games may be a blessing as United will play more compact and Bruno's form has not been great and probably should have been dropped.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The red card for Bruno Fernandes has been overturned on appeal.
    Amadou Onana -Hamstring injury - 75% chance of playing
    Got to sell him for another mid........

João Pedro -Ankle injury - Unknown return date
    edited October 4 Posts: 24,954
    The red card for Bruno Fernandes has been overturned on appeal.

Then he picks up another, united in chaos.

Amadou Onana -Hamstring injury - 75% chance of playing
    Got to sell him for another mid........

João Pedro -Ankle injury - Unknown return date

I best check my team, already sold Rashford last week.
  • edited October 5 Posts: 17,695
    Busy week for me, so I just got time to look at my team. There are so many transfers I want to make, but I only got one transfer!
    Had six different plans in mind for this gameweek, and went with the very, very risky -4 one in the end… :-SS

Edit: just remembered that I forgot the gameweek 6 update. Will make sure to post that in a while.
    Here are the gameweek 7 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 3
    Palmer: 3
    Maddison: 1
    Mitoma: 1
    Saka: 1

The majority of the managers in our league will be hoping for Haaland to deliver against Fulham. Salah and in-form Palmer are the only other players backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Gameweek 6 is a while behind us, so I won't write the longest update. Looking at the scores for gameweek 6, it's noticeable that the scores varied greatly. One big part of this was Palmer's massive haul, which saw owners making massive climbs in the overall rankings. One of the managers was our gameweek winner LVLA Skopje 05, finishing the gameweek with 82 points. Congratulations! =D>

wnMI0QK.jpg
    Gameweek winners
    GW 1: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 2: Red Warriors
    GW 3: CSAC
    GW 4: Dominics so Lanky !
    GW 5: Red Warriors, Dominics so Lanky ! & ????
    GW 6: LVLA Skopje 05
    No idea what my points are i think i will wait until the end of the GW to check, 2pm is d day form TH IMO a heavy loss could be the end.
    edited October 6 Posts: 24,954
    Come on United no pressure, a win is a win is a win. win at all costs...

TH dropped all his signing bar a couple, Evans and Maguire at CB, no Amad baffling.