The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 8 deadline: Sat 19 Oct 11:00*

1454455456457458460»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Maguire and Evans by default make us defend de pear which may inadvertently help us.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 6 Posts: 24,954
    Well one positive we have started better then we did vs Spurs.

Villa go close.
    TH is baffling tactically this is very good so far.
    This 11 are playing for the manager that is for sure.
    This is one of the worst football games I have watched, sack TH based on his signings utter mediocre.
    Not good enough sack...
    Missed the PL action today. From highlights though, things can't be looking good for ten Hag…
    edited October 7 Posts: 24,954
    Missed the PL action today. From highlights though, things can't be looking good for ten Hag…

Apparently there is a big meeting tomorrow, looks like he may keep his job, to be honest I have had enough I cannot see things improving at all.

My GW was average, captain fail.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 8 Posts: 2,488
    Another boring international week again...........
    edited October 9 Posts: 2,488
    VAR fails again ?
    Match Officials Mic'd Up: PGMOL chief Howard Webb believes VAR should have overturned Bruno Fernandes' red card vs Tottenham

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13230320/match-officials-micd-up-pgmol-chief-howard-webb-believes-var-should-have-overturned-bruno-fernandes-red-card-vs-tottenham
    VAR fails again ?
    Match Officials Mic'd Up: PGMOL chief Howard Webb believes VAR should have overturned Bruno Fernandes' red card vs Tottenham

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13230320/match-officials-micd-up-pgmol-chief-howard-webb-believes-var-should-have-overturned-bruno-fernandes-red-card-vs-tottenham

It is ridiculous as bad as United were with 11 men in the second half they should have at least been given the opportunity with 11. Personally I still think we would have lost.

They do feel like an inconvenience if they are not WC or Euro qualifiers.
    Sad news ex Sheffield United defender George Baldock has passed away at 31 years old.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13231111/george-baldock-former-sheffield-united-defender-dies-aged-31

Apparently there is a big meeting tomorrow, looks like he may keep his job, to be honest I have had enough I cannot see things improving at all.

My GW was average, captain fail.

Haven't read any news yet. I guess if his job was on the line, we'd heard more by now?
    VAR fails again ?

It is ridiculous as bad as United were with 11 men in the second half they should have at least been given the opportunity with 11. Personally I still think we would have lost.

They really need to step up the work with VAR if it should have a future in PL. The work the refs are doing right now is just ridiculously bad.

Meanwhile the clubs are holding their breath hoping for no more injuries…
    Sad news ex Sheffield United defender George Baldock has passed away at 31 years old.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13231111/george-baldock-former-sheffield-united-defender-dies-aged-31

That's really sad. He was a solid player at Sheffield United.

I had no idea he had Greek ancestry. I can't remember that fact ever being mentioned in PL coverage when Sheffield United played in the Prem.
  • edited October 10 Posts: 17,695
    While we're all waiting for the international break to end, let's have a quick look at gamwweek 7. This was a challenging gameweek with a gameweek average score of just 46. This was reflected in the gameweek scores in our league too, but 10 teams managed to outscore the overall average. Well done! Best of us all though, was Mejico POWA, scoring 67 points. Congratulations! =D>

qCCHbEr.jpeg
    Gameweek winners
    GW 1: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 2: Red Warriors
    GW 3: CSAC
    GW 4: Dominics so Lanky !
    GW 5: Red Warriors, Dominics so Lanky ! & ????
    GW 6: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 7: Mejico POWA

There's no PL action this weekend due to the international break, but make sure to keep an eye out for news when we move closer to the next deadline, Saturday 19 October at 11:00 (UK time)!
    edited October 11 Posts: 2,488
    VAR fails again ?

Maybe the "chief" Howard Webb should get in the VAR booth as the "buffoons" in there are incompetent and should be sacked and replaced by people who can do the job properly.
    VAR fails again ?

Maybe the "chief" Howard Webb should get in the VAR booth as the "buffoons" in there are incompetent and should be sacked and replaced by people who can do the job properly.

The way Webb constantly finds excuses for situations where the referees show clear weaknesses makes me believe that we are far from a solution on how VAR is being used in the Premier League. Unfortunately…
    edited October 12 Posts: 24,954
    International break sucks, it is my day off it is raining, cold and no PL games.
    International break sucks, it is my day off it is raining, cold and no PL games.

I definitely agree! At least the international break gives me more time to watch a few more TV series and films.

I definitely agree! At least the international break gives me more time to watch a few more TV series and films.

Read through previous replys, this break has been a nightmare injury wise for most clubs.

There are a few shows I need to catch up on though my attention span recently is mixed with TV, I give up way to easy o episodes.
    edited October 12 Posts: 24,954
    Pep according to reports is England's number 1 choice for next manager...

p.s. England were awful vs Greece, amateur hour.

Tuchel is supposed to be the favorite with the bookies ?
    edited October 13 Posts: 24,954

Tuchel is supposed to be the favorite with the bookies ?

I saw that earlier, not sure how well that will be received by England fans personally I would take him at United.

I would keep Carsely for longer until next summer and try to get Pep if he decides to leave City.

Finland v England about to start, better balance in midfield and Kane returns.

Read through previous replys, this break has been a nightmare injury wise for most clubs.

There are a few shows I need to catch up on though my attention span recently is mixed with TV, I give up way to easy o episodes.

Really hope Saka's injury isn't bad. Arsenal are not themselves without Ødegaard; missing Saka on top of that would be tough…

60 mins played, and Norway are now down 3-1 away against Austria.
    4-1…
    And it's 5-1. The media really played up Norway's chances after their performance against Slovenia. This is a reality check.
    edited October 15 Posts: 24,954
    Tuchel has got the England job according to Romano, it appears with immediate effect...
    And it's 5-1. The media really played up Norway's chances after their performance against Slovenia. This is a reality check.

Norway not good enough creatively and defensively? I bet Odegard is a huge loss.