Skyfall based on one of the Bond books??

2»

Comments

• tqbtqb
    I tihnk Craig should become a producer after he retires as Bond.
  • Great idea, @tqb! That would be a first also. That's IF Babs and Wilson would let him. lol
  • tqbtqb
    Hehe, MGW will need a replacement soon i'm afraid.. he's getting pretty old.
  • This is true. lol Hmm... It would be really cool.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 14,470
    Early on, we sat down and we just rabbited for hours about “Live and Let Die” or “From Russia With Love”, and talked about little scenes that we knew from them. That’s how we started talking about it. That’s what we have tried to instil in the script.’
    I think the bold part is the most interesting and we should discuss this in more detail

This doesn't mean they'll focus on LALD and/or FRWL in particular (although it'd be nice). I think they were the first two titles that came to mind when he spoke. Having said that, it could indeed be an in-your-face hint that there will be references from these two films/novels.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good to hear. I hope this just reaffirms that effort everyone has put into the latest film. It's going to be good, if only for the love of Bond everyone seems to have.
    You're all reading far too much into it. Craig and Mendes and EON sat down and started talking about FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, looking at the little scenes that made the novel and the film what they were, and decided to concentrate on those little things to try and instill SKYFALL with that same spirit as FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.
  • You're all reading far too much into it. Craig and Mendes and EON sat down and started talking about FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, looking at the little scenes that made the novel and the film what they were, and decided to concentrate on those little things to try and instill SKYFALL with that same spirit as FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

Look who's talking like a teacher. LOL :-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    tqb wrote:
    I tihnk Craig should become a producer after he retires as Bond.

Just not a producer of Bond.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,598
    You're all reading far too much into it. Craig and Mendes and EON sat down and started talking about FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, looking at the little scenes that made the novel and the film what they were, and decided to concentrate on those little things to try and instill SKYFALL with that same spirit as FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

I'd say this would be the case.

I've always wanted to see short, brief scenes in the Bond films where Bond is at his flat doing his press ups in the morning then having a coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast that May has served him while reading the paper or something. This makes him more human. I saw those photos of Craig in character with the stubble. This I think is for the same reason which is a nice touch. Such things contribute to making the character more three dimensional.

Bounine wrote:
    I've always wanted to see short, brief scenes in the Bond films where Bond is at his flat doing his press ups in the morning then having a coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast that May has served him while reading the paper or something. This makes him more human.
    It also slows the film down. If you're going to take ten minutes showing Bond's morning routine, it had better be for a good reason, because it's only going to bore audiences. And "making him more human" doesn't count as a good reason, because it can be done in other ways without slwing everything down to a grinding halt.
    Bounine wrote:
    I've always wanted to see short, brief scenes in the Bond films where Bond is at his flat doing his press ups in the morning then having a coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast that May has served him while reading the paper or something. This makes him more human.
    It also slows the film down. If you're going to take ten minutes showing Bond's morning routine, it had better be for a good reason, because it's only going to bore audiences. And "making him more human" doesn't count as a good reason, because it can be done in other ways without slwing everything down to a grinding halt.

Bounine said he wants to see short, brief scenes... Short, brief scenes don't take ten minutes. I, too, want to see short brief scenes where Bond eats eggs and drinks coffee made by May- and it will not bore me. Yes, making Bond 'more human' can be done other ways, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of us want to see May serve Bond eggs and coffee.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 886

What a great scene that would be. Craig's Bond has shown us glimmers of that human element very well, long may it continue.

You could tell Fleming was a food connoisseur with all the detail he put into Bond's food regime. We need to see more of these moments in the films.

And now I feel hungry.
  • QBranch wrote:
    You could tell Fleming was a food connoisseur with all the detail he put into Bond's food regime. We need to see more of these moments in the films.

And now I feel hungry.

I do so agree, for me it gives the whole film a far more intimate dynamic that offsets the more manic side to the character.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,598
    Bounine wrote:

I mean something alot shorter than 10 minutes. Such scenes could easily be fit into the film without disrupting the pacing and flow.

I'd also like to hear Bond make a quick comment regarding his dislike for shoe laces.