Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This should be good, you'd hope. Filming begins next month.

And then it's a long year and a half wait until it's released.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,355
    A year after the production wraps, yes! I'm sure we'd all prefer it in the Summer but the December release worked last time for them. With any luck it will be second time lucky.
    I've always thought that December releases can be really tricky, given the bad weather and people may not be as inclined to go to the movies because they're spending more time with family and whatnot. I think it would do well in the summer, but like you said, December worked really well for them with 'Ghost Protocol,' so I'm sure the same will happen again.
  • RC7RC7
    Might have to go and have a snoop when the time comes.
    Tom Cruise was on the Graham Norton show a few weeks ago and did CONFIRM they will be shooting MI5 in and around London. Did not say or reveal anything else from what i can remember?
    I just read an article where they concocted the rumor that Tom Cruise will have a cameo in the new 'Star Wars' because that's where they're filming now, and because he helped Abrams with his big break on 'Mission: Impossible III.' They didn't even realize that the film start shooting there soon.

Now I wonder if they plan to shoot anywhere else, or London exclusively.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I just read an article where they concocted the rumor that Tom Cruise will have a cameo in the new 'Star Wars' because that's where they're filming now, and because he helped Abrams with his big break on 'Mission: Impossible III.' They didn't even realize that the film start shooting there soon.

Now I wonder if they plan to shoot anywhere else, or London exclusively.

Not sure Creasy47? London is a definate as Graham Norton was cracking jokes about the traffic nightmare it will cause! ;))
    @RogueAgent, but since it's a movie, the streets of London will be completely empty and void of traffic. ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, but since it's a movie, the streets of London will be completely empty and void of traffic. ;-)

:)) Then as a movie it would have no reality to it? ;)
    I am glad they're moving forward with this sooner than they've usually done. MI alone beats all of the Brosnan (Bond) films and Skyfall, which took some ideas from the first film. Ghost Protocol also is better than some of the films in Bond franchise.
    @RogueAgent, pretty much! Just look at the first 'Taken': Liam Neeson is chasing after his daughter through the streets of Paris at night, and he ends up on a bridge. Now, I don't know much about the roadways of Paris, but apparently, that bridge in particular is one of the most popular/famous places in the city, yet when he gets there, it's nearly void of pedestrians and traffic. That's usually how car chases go in films: put them in the busiest of cities or towns and remove all traffic.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, pretty much! Just look at the first 'Taken': Liam Neeson is chasing after his daughter through the streets of Paris at night, and he ends up on a bridge. Now, I don't know much about the roadways of Paris, but apparently, that bridge in particular is one of the most popular/famous places in the city, yet when he gets there, it's nearly void of pedestrians and traffic. That's usually how car chases go in films: put them in the busiest of cities or towns and remove all traffic.

I know that when MI5 is released? I will have a good old chuckle and think of this conversation! ;))
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know that when MI5 is released? I will have a good old chuckle and think of this conversation! ;))

Watch them make a crazy car chase in a car-and-pedestrian packed set of roads to completely negate my point. ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Watch them make a crazy car chase in a car-and-pedestrian packed set of roads to completely negate my point. ;-)

:)) Would certainly be brave! X_X
    That goes without saying, though, that films have done this before. The car chase in SF contained busy streets and packed bazaars, and even the car chase during the finale of 'Ghost Protocol' had packed streets. I just think with a busy place like London, it'll be odd to see streets void of traffic.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That goes without saying, though, that films have done this before. The car chase in SF contained busy streets and packed bazaars, and even the car chase during the finale of 'Ghost Protocol' had packed streets. I just think with a busy place like London, it'll be odd to see streets void of traffic.

Bourne 1, 2, 3, &4, Heat, The Transporter, and the Sienna chase in QoS temporarily all had busy streets and crowds to deal with. Man of Steel, Star Trek: Into Darkness, The Avengers, Ronin, and probably a lot more.

But it does seem that more often than not it seems unnaturally empty during many major blockbuster action scenes.
    @JWESTBROOK, agreed, there are most certainly films where this happens, but like we both said, a lot more that have very empty streets during chase sequences.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just he doesn't play A corrupt CIA agent. The M:I series has had too many of those.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    I just he doesn't play A corrupt CIA agent. The M:I series has had too many of those.

When I saw Baldwin's name and heard he was possibly going to be in the film, I hoped his role would be akin to Tom Wilkinson's in Ghost Protocol, which it seems to be (a big CIA operation supervisor). I'd be happy with that casting, as he looks the part and could be a good fit for it.
    Sounds good to me, always liked Baldwin and wished he would do more sinister roles as he makes a good villain. Then again i guess he would make a pretty useful ally too! :D
    I love the idea of Baldwin being in the film, along with shooting in Vienna. I don't know much about Ferguson, but she reminds me of Paula Patton, so who knows. Is it sad that one of my biggest questions about the film is whether Cruise's hair will be long (breaking the odd cycle) or short again?
    Baldwin being part of MI:5 sounds good. I think he can be really good fit.
    I would love to see a boss that is good and constant throughout the M:I series. We've had Jon Voight, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Fishburne, and Tom Wilkinson, and while two of them died, the other two never returned. Let's hope if Baldwin is a good guy in the fifth that he returns for the sixth, given that he doesn't die.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,491
    It also said Jessica Chastain no longer going to be in the movie (stil credit on imdb page of the movie) and is replaced by Rebecca Ferguson http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272581/ Swedish actres.

Rebecca+Ferguson+British+Consulate+Toasts+VftGpHS4k8Kl.jpg
    With Olga Kurylenko
    IMDB can be updated by anybody, and she was actually asked to star in the film, but she declined the offer, so it appears that it went to Ferguson instead. Someone can go ahead and remove her from the rumored casting list, then. I would've loved to have seen Chastain in the fifth film.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67941

Not an hour after the press announced Alec Baldwin's negotiations to be in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 5, and we now know who they locked down as the female lead after Jessica Chastain passed.

Rebecca Ferguson will play an assassin in Christopher McQuarrie's sequel, probably landing on the side of the "good guys." But who knows?

Ferguson's biggest role to date has been on the BBC/Starz series THE WHITE QUEENwhich landed her a Golden Globe nomination last year. She's also playing the female lead in this month's HERCULES. We don't know many details about her role yet, but obviously they need someone tough, athletic, and badass, and it seems that Ferguson fits the bill. Given that Hunt's run through about 3 or 4 love interests at this point, don't be surprised if her and Jeremy Renner's Brandt generate some romantic sparks. Or, even better, her and Simon Pegg's Benji.

Hey, it could happen!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67940

looks as if Alec Baldwin will be following in the footsteps of Jon Voight, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Fishburne, and Tom Wilkinson in playing a superior to Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt.

Baldwin is in talks to join MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 5 as a high-ranking official in the CIA. Cruise's character is an IMF (once referred to as "Impossible Mission Force") agent, but apparently Baldwin's character is tasked with overseeing that espionage-centric division, making him essentially Hunt's C.O.

The four prior pseudo-M's have had great fun in this franchise, and despite his personal troubles, Baldwin should be a perfect fit for this role. Can't you just see him in a high-tech control room, spouting out Chris McQuarrie putdowns to Cruise and his team a la Ellerby in THE DEPARTED, or even Jack Donaghy?

They wanted Jessica Chastain for the female lead, but she (unsurprisingly) passed, so expect that to be the next tidbit of info we hear about this project. Any actresses you'd want to see doing the cloak-and-dagger thing alongside Cruise, Renner, Pegg, and the rest of the team?

@talos7, that has all been covered above. ;-)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I know; I glad you noticed ;) Just wanted to condense the two stories into one easy to read post from another information outlet.
    I'm glad someone else noticed that he'll be the fifth boss in the fifth film. It would be nice to have a little consistency after this!