BOND 26. PTS ideas to introduce the new Bond.

14567810»

Comments

007HallY wrote: »
    CrabKey wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Could be quite fun if Bond has to kill the previous 007.

Also an interesting angle.

I think it'd be a really cool twist for a villain if done right (ie. that he or possibly even she was the first 007). Might be a bit too much retreading of the Craig era for just now though.

I think it would be too close to the codename theory, personally. Or fuel it...
    I don't think so. All the 00 spots are filled. John Smith the current 007 turns out to be a bad apple. An up and coming agent is assigned to the case. He succeeds and earns his own 00 status. In this case, 007, as there is now a vacancy. The fun of this story is the audience initially believing the bad apple 007 is the new Bond.
  • edited July 12 Posts: 3,744
    I think I had a similar idea in one of those build your own Bond film threads (pretty sure I deleted it though). The idea was something along the lines of the 00 section is a bit older/well established at this point (the new M was a former 00 agent too) but it's being scaled back by MI6. Bond was only in his second year as 007 if I recall correctly. The story began with a 00 agent being captured after a mission is compromised (a sort of TLD PTS where we think a masked figure is in fact Bond but it ends up being 006 or whoever) and a month later a video is sent to MI6 of this 00 agent revealing compromising information under brainwashing and being killed. Bond is sent to investigate/kill the mysterious figure behind this.

The big twist was that the villain was actually the original 007 a decade ago, but he got kicked out of the Service due to being psychotic (for something) and became an assassin (I think there was also a subplot about M knowing the villain when they were 007/having a hunch it was him but withholding this information from Bond... possibly). I don't remember anything else about his motivation or what the actual scheme was. I don't think it was specifically revenge against MI6, and he chanced upon the 00 section again by accident. A bit fan-fiction-y but it's an idea.