Would you rather a new Bond novel OR a new Bond video game?

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I love watches, I won't say no to a gadget-laden Rolex :p, even though I'm admittedly not the biggest Rolex fan...
  • The watch. Imagine if lazily one day you forget the opening technique to the attache case?
  • edited August 1 Posts: 17,660
    The LALD wristwatch for sure! Not only for the gadgets, but it's a beautiful watch as well. Who really needs or uses an attaché case in 2024…?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou, but I now hear a new dog barkin'
    I'm normally very prejudiced against people who sport Rolex watches, especially if the latter are golden (or gilded). That's usually stuff for people who run around with Staffordshire Terriers and drive white AMG Mercedes. But the Submariner from LALD looks nice (though I prefer some of the Omegas in the series. However, if there are those gold coins inside the attaché case, I'd take that one. Not that I'd need an attaché case...
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I just looked up the cost of 50 gold sovereigns and discovered it would be around 21,000 pounds! Wow wow wow! Now the tear gas can help protect them.

Would you rather have the steel tipped shoes like Rosa Klebb OR the steel rimmed bowler hat of OddJob?

The villains have some cool gadgets too! Which one would you rather own?

The shoes offer a discrete killing method with a poison that takes just 6 seconds to kill. The bowler hat is good for long range defense and you'd be a hit at parties decapitating statues and various other things.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Steeled-rimmed bowler hat, having two left feet and all.
  • edited August 2 Posts: 1,166
    The hat doesn't look like it could work in the real world.

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Shoes, please. More subtle and inconspicuous and above all, more stylish.
    Difficult one. «Why and where would I wear a bowler hat?» is my first thought. The shoes are more practical in that regard, but as clumsy as I can be, I'd probably only manage to stab myself – so it will have to be the hat.
    edited August 2 Posts: 5,260
    Bond has had occasion to boat with style!

Would you rather boat the Glastron Carlson OR the Gondola Boat from MR?

Bond has captained a few special vessels in the films. Which one would you take for spin?

Both are featured in the same movie, one on the wild rivers of Brazil, the other in the man made canals of Venice. Both have some style and one causes a pigeon to double take!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The Glastron is possibly the coolest looking boat I've ever seen, so definitely that.
    edited August 2 Posts: 14,470
    An awesome boat that's rarely mentioned versus an all-terrain boat that's only mentioned for ridicule. Weighing up the pros and cons I didn't think about this until now, but the Bondola features zero offensive weaponry, so Glastron it is.
    edited August 3 Posts: 7,054
    Actually, I don't mind the Bondola. Also a motorised gondola that can go on land, that'd be really awesome in real life.

So as cool as the Glastron/ Carlson is, which it is, I'm still going for Bondola.
    Definitely the Glastron Carlson. I'm still miffed Corgi didn't give us a toy version in 1979!
    A Bondola for me, please! If only because it's so fun :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'll take the attaché case, put on my shoes with extendable steel tips (not the actual klebb shoes, they're way too small and women's shoes are not my thing) and board the glastron. Might as well head up the Moskva and set some things straight, bringing some 'love' to Russia.
    Good stuff, glad to see that the Bondola got some love. I wasn't sure that it would be chosen.

Would you rather return from a mission to Sylvia Trench OR Paris?

There have been two women who have been mentioned or shown to have been waiting for Bond when he returned from a mission. Which one would you prefer to see when you opened the door and announced you were home?
    Tricky one, and both very beautiful women. I think I’ll say Paris though.
    Trench, please. If they had picked Monica Belluci for Paris, it would have been a bit difficult.
  • edited August 5 Posts: 15,016
    Sylvia Trench, no hesitation. I'll always take an English rose to an American one. Plus Paris Carver seems like a bloody pain. Good looking, but far too intense. Trench is sassy and playful.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Sylvia Trench, no hesitation. I'll always take an English rose to an American one. Plus Paris Carver seems like a bloody pain. Good looking, but far too intense. Trench is sassy and playful.

Exactly. Paris is enigmatic. You wake up one morning and she leaves a painful goodbye note 😃 She's like a girlfriend you love, but follow with caution.
    Sexy brows for sure:

trenchgaze.png
    Eunice-Gayson-as-Sylvia-Trench-and-Sean-Connery-as-James-Bond-in-Dr.-No.jpg
    sQKXAn.gif
    frwl.gif
    Yeh, Sylvia Trench, and not just for the eyebrows!! 😁
  • titocutsitotitocutsito Miami
    edited August 21 Posts: 2
    I’d go for a volcano lair. It just feels classic and cool. Plus, if things go wrong, you have more escape routes and can blend into the surroundings.
    If you ever need a break from plotting world domination, check out Blue Mountain Resort. The views are amazing, and it’s a great place to relax.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Trench, no contest. Can't stand Paris. Filthy town.
    Sylvia for me, good-looking and also a lot of fun it seems.

Paris is good-looking too, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's a bit too high-maintenance.
    Trench.
    Miss Trench can break into my flat (and smack my golf balls) anytime.
    edited August 6 Posts: 1,910
    I couldn't agree more @QBranch She's that loved in the Bond community. I read that Gayson was originally set to play Miss Moneypenny. Maxwell was great. But since Moneypenny always yearns for Bond and usually make the first move, (unsuccessful of course) maybe Miss Moneypenny would have suited Gayson's Trench more with her man-eater persona.
    Trench in a landslide! Or does a trench help when you have a landslide?

Lets visit some tropical lands with some exotic beauties!

Would you rather go to the Junkanoo with Domino OR attend the Rio Carnival with Manuela?

Lady in red at the Junkanoo!

c5df642cccf673c8b180e91dfdc9a6cf.jpg

What can we do if we don't know how to samba?

3636689.jpg