Would you rather watch a double bill of FRWL & TB OR a double bill of CR & QOS?

1133134135136137139»

Comments

That’s actually a really good question. I’d rather casually date and have a fling with Jill, but if it’s a matter of a serious / longterm relationship, it might have to be Tilly.
  • Jill, because Tilly is lesbian, isn't she?
    Depends on whether it's the book version or the film version. Book version : Jill. Movie version : I'd go for Tilly. But I'd rather date them both. Not necessarily at the same time, mind you.
  • I’ve met Shirley Eaton so she gets my vote!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tilly gets my vote.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I'll settle for the little lady over here .....
    goldfinger_zBCZTQ.jpg
    :x
    Jill, only because I am shallow and see her as hot.

Also, because my parents used to manage a tobacconist shop in Kilburn and Shirley Eaton used to come in there as a child. That was before my time.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    thedove wrote: »
    Would you rather date Jill Masterson OR Tilly Masterson?
    "Yes"

Actually, Tilly. She seemed like the cooler of the two sisters, driving a Mustang and handling weaponry. Adventurous and somewhat competent, Tilly Masterson can tell me to "let me go, you're breaking my back!" any day.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’ve met Shirley Eaton so she gets my vote!

I met her once too, she was an absolute hoot. It was the same day her knickers were being auctioned off(!)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Very difficult question which needs thorough examination and testing periods. I'll come back to you with a preference in a couple of months.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Jill easily. I mean to be able to share the bed with her
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

You might have to clean the paint off the sheets.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    mtm wrote: »

You might have to clean the paint off the sheets.

That's not all that would have to be cleaned off the sheets.

Hey-O
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Tilly for me. More likeable and prettier. Good taste, too.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Double bills used to be a way to enjoy our movies. Whether it was the drive-in or movie theatres they were a staple. In fact movies would often be re-released as double bills.

So lets do a would you rather double bill face off and see which one you would rather watch.

Would you rather watch a double bill of FRWL and TB OR CR and QOS?

In one case we have Connery at the top of his game as the character. We have SPECTRE villains in both films. While not a direct follow up they both have the same director and many of the creative team is on both films.

The other double bill has Craig's first two films. The second film is a direct, literally with only a few minutes having past since the end of CR. We have an origin story followed up with a revenge story.

Which one would you rather watch at the theatre or in your home theatre?
    I love all four films, but I’ll go with FRWL & TB here. Both amazing, standalone experiences with just a few similar things going on. CR is my favorite Bond film, and QOS is an under-appreciated sequel to it, but for me at least it’s now harder to accept them as a complete 1-2 punch post-SP connections.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    FRWL and TB, I may not be a fan of TB, but FRWL is just the second best Bond film (along with OHMSS) of all time.

Perfect portrayal of Bond as a spy, close to Fleming's world with right amount of thrill, danger and tension, it has the complete ingredients of a great Bond film.

Those of Craig's two is fine, I guess, but I prefer FRWL over CR (I even prefer the book of CR), Bond was for me, relegated into an action hero in those films, FRWL just encapsulated both Fleming and the espionage nature of Bond.
    CR and QoS is a superb double bill. Have watched them back to back a few times!
    FRWL is indeed Connerys Best Bond, TB is good but not great, so I'll go with Craigs two!
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    FRWL and TB, I may not be a fan of TB, but FRWL is just the second best Bond film (along with OHMSS) of all time.

Perfect portrayal of Bond as a spy, close to Fleming's world with right amount of thrill, danger and tension, it has the complete ingredients of a great Bond film.

Those of Craig's two is fine, I guess, but I prefer FRWL over CR (I even prefer the book of CR), Bond was for me, relegated into an action hero in those films, FRWL just encapsulated both Fleming and the espionage nature of Bond.

My top 3 Bonds in order of appearance are FRWL, OHMSS, CR. But for a double bill, I'd go for FRWL and TB, because I do love TB as well, particularly Connery's performance. CR is superb, but QOS, although I do like it a lot, is my least favorite Craig Bond film because the script (story) feels, due to the writers' strike, incomplete.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Four superb films in my book. Depends on my mood I suppose.

If I feel like I need a more energetic ride I'd go for the Craig ones, if I'm in a more nostalgic mood, I'd go for the 60's atmosphere of the Connery ones.

In any case, two excellent double bills.
    CR and QOS
    I love FRWL, but I'm really not into TB. CR and QOS feels like a double bill I'd get more out of.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 20 Posts: 14,476
    lf?set=path%5B1%2F5%2F6%2F6%2F2%2F15662242%5D%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

FRWL/TB: The amount of mystery, suspense and night-time snooping is what really does it for me. We don't see much of that in later entries.
    QBranch wrote: »
    lf?set=path%5B1%2F5%2F6%2F6%2F2%2F15662242%5D%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

FRWL/TB: The amount of mystery, suspense and night-time snooping is what really does it for me. We don't see much of that in later entries.

I remember seeing FRWL and DAF in a double bill at my local ABC cinema when I was a kid. Of course I loved it, but FRWL and TB is a better match up in terms of style, mood and Connery's performances. Cool poster.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    CR and QOS. My two favourite Bond films and there's barely a gnat's in quality between them.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    CR and QOS. As much as I try to go into TB with an open mind and an open heart, considering all the Bond fans who love it, I'm not a huge fan. The book, on the other hand...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I love all four.

I can't answer, not even with a water pistol to my head.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Four superb films in my book. Depends on my mood I suppose.

If I feel like I need a more energetic ride I'd go for the Craig ones, if I'm in a more nostalgic mood, I'd go for the 60's atmosphere of the Connery ones.

In any case, two excellent double bills.

Such a tough choice, this reflects how I feel