For YOLT/OHMSS/DAF would you rather have had the same Bond actor OR the same Blofeld actor?

Comments

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    QOS. You're shocked, I can tell...
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Venutius wrote: »
    QOS. You're shocked, I can tell...

Nope, I'm not.....
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @mtm
    As soon as she restricts his movements when he is in Bregenz, isn't he technically rogue then?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @mtm
    As soon as she restricts his movements when he is in Bregenz, isn't he technically rogue then?

I'd say he is, although not by his decision. M effectively assumes he's gone rogue and sort of declares it. But when he lands in Bolivia, the moment he meets Fields, he's no longer rogue, as he's technically in MI6s custody. Some would say he's very collaborative too.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    mtm wrote: »
    He's technically rogue for about 60 seconds, from when he fights all the MI6 lads in the lift to when he meets M in the corridor, at which point she trusts him again.

I know this is slightly off topic, but I love that scene in the lift and the scene after his chat with M, when Bond climbs over the ledge and goes down the stairs, such a small but cool Bondian moment.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The ledge bit is top Bonding, absolutely :D
    It's great, isn't it? Especially with the Bond theme going. It's one of those very slick movements only someone like Craig could do.
    Yes, absolutely - a great move and Craig sells it perfectly. Dan's on peak form throughout QOS, he totally owns the role, not a single mis-step anywhere in his performance.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    He's technically rogue for about 60 seconds, from when he fights all the MI6 lads in the lift to when he meets M in the corridor, at which point she trusts him again.

I know this is slightly off topic, but I love that scene in the lift and the scene after his chat with M, when Bond climbs over the ledge and goes down the stairs, such a small but cool Bondian moment.

Yeah. I absolutely love that scene. Craig's performance and Arnold's rendition of the Bond theme. It's those little moments and extra things that makes a Bond film a Bond film.
    Most recent one is Craig's Bond walking on rooftops in SP, as he assembles his gun, all to the Bond theme.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Lets dive into the world of style and fashion

Would you rather wear what Daniel is wearing to NTTD premiere OR wearing to SP premiere?

NTTD

Daniel-Craig-No-Time-To-Die-Royal-World-Movie-Premiere-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-3.jpg

SP

SPECTRE-WORLD-PREMIERE.jpg
    edited July 20 Posts: 1,858
    Spectre, please. That pink would never have happened with Cubby & Harry around. But perhaps, Craig knows Barbara really likes him in the role and wanted him as James Bond for eternity, so he took advantage of it with everything throughout his era as Bond.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 20 Posts: 14,436
    The colour's quite bold, I think it's magenta. Don't mind it at a prestige event like a premiere. It's the velvet finish I'm not really keen on. Can't go wrong with black though, so SP.
    QBranch wrote: »
    The colour's quite bold, I think it's magenta. Don't mind it at a prestige event like a premiere. It's the velvet finish I'm not really keen on. Can't go wrong with black though, so SP.

Yeah. The velvet texture doesn't help too
  • edited July 20 Posts: 1,061
    I thought the NTTD premiere jacket was very appropriate and in keeping with the movie.

In other words, ridiculous and very un-James Bond like. Perfect!
    SP’s. There’s no way I could pull off NTTD’s haha.
    Velvet suits I think need darker colours (I actually thought Rory Kinnear’s red and black one at the NTTD premiere was nice). So SP it is.
    Spectre.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    FoxRox wrote: »

Not even Dan can pull it off, to be frank :p

SP, easy win here.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Not even Dan can pull it off, to be frank :p

SP, easy win here.

Agreed...

Connery pulled off the onesie in GF, and I wonder if he could have pulled off the NTTD premiere look?.... I somehow doubt that he could. And prime Connery looked great in everything -- even the short, pink tie in DaF!

Spectre for the win.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou, but I now hear a new dog barkin'
    Neither. Jeans and sweatshirt.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited July 20 Posts: 2,641
    SP premiere
    Post Quantum, that's the best Daniel has looked as Bond. He looked better in the premiere than he did in the film to be honest

Not sure I could pull of Velvet pink like our boy Dan
    SP. Pink, velvet and double-breasted? Any one of those would be a no, but...all three? That's a Hell, no.
    He doesn't exactly look happy at the SP Premiere. Wonder if this was before his wrists comment or after?

I admire him for the bold colour choice. I would never wear a coloured tux. I am the SP side of things. A classic look for a reason.
    SP for me too!
    The NTTD one looks more fitting for a Benoit Blanc premier!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Neither. I'm taller than him.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Your answer to this, is whether or not you're conservative or liberal.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'd rather go for the NTTD one, in the ideal dream world I could pull it off!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The NTTD color would tie in to the red dial on the watch face on my 2Q Swatch.

But SP.

Lets keep the outfit showdown going! This one features the same colour.

Would you rather wear blue terry onesie GF OR a baby blue leisure suit LALD?

Remember you have to chose the one you would RATHER wear. Even if it's unlikely. :)

2216d47886ec13830b28872e522d4afa--blue-playsuit-romper.jpg

Leisure-Suit.jpg
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    The Blue onesie in GF, it looks good for summer, the one in LALD, looked a bit, duff, and I'm not a fan of the sandos to which Bond wore later without the jacket.