What's The Next Great James Bond Documentary?

LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
in Bond Movies Posts: 1,602
On January 19, 2022, Eon Productions released "BEING JAMES BOND," a 45-minute documentary about Daniel Craig in the role of James Bond for the past 15 years. Save for a strange reality tv streaming show, BEING JAMES BOND was the last major piece of Bond media to be officially released up til now.

It begs the question: if a full-on Bond movie isn't in the works yet, and if that tv show has yet to shoot season 2, and if there's appetite at new Eon partner Amazon Studios, what will the next big Bond media project to release be? Could it be another great documentary?

Regardless of what Eon does next, what sort of James Bond documentary would you like to see? A retrospective on an anniversary film? Interviews with the surviving cast and crew of the original Connery series while they're alive? A focus on SFX Supervisor Chris Corbould, who could be retiring from the franchise? A highlight of all of the Bond movies that never happened?

What documentary coverage would you like to see about James Bond going forward? And what, in your opinion, is the best Bond documentary so far?

Comments

Good topic. I’d personally be up for a doc about the SFX work in the Bond franchise throughout the years. Or perhaps one about actors who nearly became Bond/auditioned or were considered for the role but didn't get it (which I suppose would go into all the behind the scenes stuff about each new actors beginning of their era, which might be interesting/relevant to Bond 26).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The Never Ending Story: Casting the 007th Actor as 007
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Could be cars I guess. I'm not saying that would be needed, but they might do it.

I'd like an art and design one: the posters, the sets, the title sequences etc.