Strongest voices in Bond songs?

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
in Bond Movies Posts: 17,788
To ME, the two strongest voices were Shirley Bassey & KD Lang.
Thoughts on this?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'd have to say Tom Jones.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    talos7 wrote: »

Shirley you jest.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    :))
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Adele too (but again,may have something to do with the backing instruments), and I also second Shirley Bassey.

And Tina Turner too.
    Matt Monro.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou, but I now hear a new dog barkin'
    I'm with @chrisisall on this. Honorable mention to Gladys Knight and Tina Turner, though.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited June 17 Posts: 1,884
    Chris Cornell.
    Shirley Bassey.
    K.D Lang.
    Tina Turner.
    Adele.
    Bassey’s voice is very strong (perhaps a bit too strong in certain ways - I’m actually not a huge fan of GF’s title song with its ear piercing horns and Bassey’s booming voice). Wonderful singer though.

Apart from that it’s the usual ones mentioned here for me - Jones, Adele etc.

Dependent on what people mean by ‘strong’ (I’m not a singer nor am I particularly musical) not sure how Sam Smith’s range would factor into that? I don’t like TWOTW but it’s quite impressive hearing how high his vocals can get.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    007HallY wrote: »
    Bassey’s voice is very strong (perhaps a bit too strong in certain ways - I’m actually not a huge fan of GF’s title song with its ear piercing horns and Bassey’s booming voice). Wonderful singer though.

Dependent on what people mean by ‘strong’ (I’m not a singer nor am I particularly musical) not sure how Sam Smith’s range would factor into that? I don’t like TWOTW but it’s quite impressive hearing how high his vocals can get.

Yeah. I forgot Tom Jones. Also, I prefer Smith's song to Eilish's.
    007HallY wrote: »

Yeah. I forgot Tom Jones. Also, I prefer Smith's song to Eilish's.

Yeah, I agree. I find NTTD a very forgettable song.
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
    No votes for Lulu? 😂
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 17 Posts: 18,166
    Dame Shirley Bassey is certainly one that comes to mind.

talos7 wrote: »

He was until he fainted at the end of Thunderball!