Bond Movies You Will Definitely Watch At LEAST One More Time Before You Cash Out.

2»

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    The only solution is to raise zombies Ian 🧟‍♂️ and Cubby 🧟‍♂️ from the dead and set them producing new novels and movies. But a novel must be every year and a movie every two.

No slacking, zombies! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    peter wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    For sure if my days were numbered and I was unsure if I could manage to fit them all in I would chose an order which would roughly be:

1. All of the 60s films

Felt a bit dizzy, but I'm ok.

2. LALD, MR, OP, TLD, TND, CR, SF, NTTD

I'm unwell, bedridden, but I still have breath in my body

3. DAF, TMWTGG, TSWLM, FYEO, GE, QOS, SP

The doctor has been and I'm conscious but I noticed him shaking his head sadly at my wife.

4. AVTAK, TWINE, DAD

I'm drifting into unconsciousness....

5. I think LTK is on but everything has gone dark

Watch the birdie, you bastard. ;)

Maybe I should move this to the controversial opinions thread. LTK bashers are a dying breed (soon to become extinct). :)

LOL. I can definitely bash the so-mo running in the PTS but someone recently said that was edited to have a joke song over it a la The "Beach Boys" in AVTAK.

Yes, @echo , our own @ColonelSun was part of the editing team on LTK. He said Glen wanted Chariots of Fire theme music over this slow-mo scene

Did Kamen overrule him? Because that was clearly the right call.

I'm not sure about that @echo ... @ColonelSun , if you're out there, mate, can you answer this ? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a collective decision (?).

But yes, the right call was made!

I wonder if it was Barbara!

Oh wait, she's only responsible for the bad decisions... ;)

😂 😂 😂 yes, she’s a dummy.

And she’s in love with Craig.

She’s so in love with him, her infatuation has made a dumb person, even dumber. One bad choice after another!!

She’s no Cubby.

At least she's no MGW, who made Bond and Blofeld step brothers. 😂
    Yep, BB is no Cubby, a producer who never made any questionable creative decisions or underwhelming Bond movies. Ever.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    007HallY wrote: »
    Yep, BB is no Cubby, a producer who never made any questionable creative decisions or underwhelming Bond movies. Ever.

@007HallY how dare you!! I sense sarcasm in that post, young man!

I have it on very good authority (hold on, adjusting my rose-tinted glasses), that you young softies of a certain generation wouldn’t understand what Bond films were like upon their original releases!! And that was Cubby’s magic and every decision made during this era was gold.

But now? Thirty year gaps between films! Characterization! Digging deeper into the character like Fleming did, especially in his latter books!! …. All hogwash!! Craig was a fine Bond, BUT HE WAS NO CONNERY .And BROCCOLI AIN’T NO CUBBY!!! I mean, THEY KILLED JAMES BOND!! What’s stopping them from making Bond trans now? Or wheelchair-bound? Or, or, or a WOMAN!!! What’s Dr. Barbara “Frankenstein “ Broccoli going to pull next?!! She’s just plain evil. And today’s younger generation are too soft for Bond, so we might as well take out all the sex and violence now, since Bond is already well on his way to not even being James Bond anymore!!!

(I’m out of breath. Apologies for my poorly executed satire).
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ^LOL.

Also, fans forget that as the Saltzman-Broccoli partnership was falling apart, they split up the producing duties on the films as follows:

Saltzman: OHMSS, LALD
    Broccoli: DAF, TMWTGG

Things that make me go "Hmm..."
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ^LOL.

Also, fans forget that as the Saltzman-Broccoli partnership was falling apart, they split up the producing duties on the films as follows:

Things that make me go: oof!!!!!
  • edited September 21 Posts: 4,004
    ^LOL.

Wow, never knew that. Saltzman was an interesting producer to be fair to him (although obviously his personal life/struggles impacted his professional life with Bond).
    007HallY wrote: »

@007HallY how dare you!! I sense sarcasm in that post, young man!

I have it on very good authority (hold on, adjusting my rose-tinted glasses), that you young softies of a certain generation wouldn’t understand what Bond films were like upon their original releases!! And that was Cubby’s magic and every decision made during this era was gold.

But now? Thirty year gaps between films! Characterization! Digging deeper into the character like Fleming did, especially in his latter books!! …. All hogwash!! Craig was a fine Bond, BUT HE WAS NO CONNERY .And BROCCOLI AIN’T NO CUBBY!!! I mean, THEY KILLED JAMES BOND!! What’s stopping them from making Bond trans now? Or wheelchair-bound? Or, or, or a WOMAN!!! What’s Dr. Barbara “Frankenstein “ Broccoli going to pull next?!! She’s just plain evil. And today’s younger generation are too soft for Bond, so we might as well take out all the sex and violence now, since Bond is already well on his way to not even being James Bond anymore!!!

(I’m out of breath. Apologies for my poorly executed satire).

Haha. Yes it's easy for a lot of us to view any of these producers in that one dimensional way. It's not me trying to be dismissive of Cubby Broccoli incidentally. Obviously he's one of the major reasons the franchise is around today, and I love so many of the Bond films he produced. But very few creatives are perfect, especially when helming a major franchise for decades. He wasn't perfect in that sense, and neither is BB. But she, like her father, has kept this franchise alive. She's had impressive hits while helming it (even if just financially, but also arguably critically) that even surpass her father's efforts.

Sometimes I think Bond fans forget how good both Cubby and BB are/were in a way. The amount of course corrections they had to take creatively would have tripped up a lot of other producers. Bond has never had a flop either (underwhelming films, yes, but not flops), which is crazy considering it's a series that's been going for 60+ years. Do I think there were missed opportunities/lesser efforts in both their tenures? Certainly, but it's very much me pointing the finger as an armchair critic in this instance, completely divorced from the context of having to make these films (and make no mistake, these are challenging films to make - the nonsense BB and MGW had to deal with behind the scenes in the Craig era alone is wild. Again, not many producers could weather those storms and come out with films as good/successful as they've done). I'm glad the franchise had both of them (and of course MGW too).