Would you buy this Bond item…?

Morning fellow Bond fans! I have a question for all you fanatics, subscribers, collectors and aficionados. I am looking potentially to develop a line of 007 themed products for pets. I own a company called All Star Dogs; we specialize in licensed and branded products for dogs. Up until this point, there has not been a line of products developed for the pets of Bond fans…which is why, as a I die-hard 007 fan, hope to be the first to bring these to market. I could go and do thousands of dollars in market research and analysis, but I thought to myself, what better way then to go right the source.

For those of you who own a pet (dog, cat), would you potentially buy a 007 related item for your pet? Think a 007 logo dog collar, an “Agent in Training” t-shirt, a Spectre dog bowl, or a golden gun chew toy. I’m curious to hear your thoughts and whether or not you would consider purchasing a Bond related pet item if it was of high-quality and responsibly made, incorporated fun and inventive graphics, and was made by a Bond fan…for the Bond fan.

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Although I have no pets I think this idea has some merit. The only caution would be this is potentially a niche market so I don't know if the idea could work as a lone business? Are you doing licensed product or are you skirting around the licensee and doing some knockoffs?
  • Already make licensed products for other brands . Would potentially be a new license add
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I don't have any pets but what I want to see is a screen accurate diamond collar for my plush DAF cat!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou, but I now hear a new dog barkin'
    edited September 30 Posts: 8,970
    I am both a dog owner and cat owner (not in the U.S.), apart from being a Bond fan. But I wouldn't really even think about buying any Bond-related items for my animals. They wouldn't know how to appreciate them anyway. I would also never consider buying, say, a T-shirt for my dog in the first place. It is just unnatural. But as there is apparently quite a market (especially in the U.S.) for such stuff, I'm sure you'll find a bunch of people who are ready to spend serious money on it if it is Bond-related, just as with your other licensed products. Good luck, at any rate.
  • Thanks for the feedback all!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It sounds like a good enough idea, especially since you've found there's a gap in the market to fill. That and acquiring the licensing from Eon for a range of Bond pet tie-ins should put you in good stead. I wish you all the best with your new Bond-inspired endeavour.

I can't wait to see my cat Millie Dragonpol (a representation of which is in my rather prophetic avatar) in a Richard III costume manically spinning a mini globe of the world while going "woof woof". 'Twill be a sight to behold I'm sure! ;)