Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

TMWTGG- 14 votes
    AVTAK- 12 votes

So incredibly close! However, 1974 seemed to be a better year for Bond than 1985.

Next match begins now!

Live and Let Die vs. For Your Eyes Only
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    FYEO.

It doesn't have Sheriff Pepper in it.
    FYEO
    FYEO
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FYEO.
    I find this one difficult too, both films are in my top ten. Live and let die i have always loved maybe because it was the first bond film i see, i know it has a lot of flaws and is in most peoples bottom half when they list the films, but for me it is brilliant. but i love FYEO too, the flemingesque story and back to basics feel was very much needed and they pulled it off (imo),i think it has a from russia with love feel to it and some of the locations remind me of OHMSS and them 2 films are my favourites of the series. I think i'm going to say LALD though because it was the first one i see and started my love affair.
    For Your Eyes Only

Both are in my top ten, and it is close, with FYEO at #6 and LALD at #8. Still though, FYEO has the edge. Overall, the locations are infinitely better, Roger is better, the action is vastly superior, and the pacing, in my opinion, is a little bit smoother. Both have amazing soundtracks to their credit! LALD boasts the better villains also.
    LALD Apart from some of the stereotypes, I really like this. Tee Hee is a classic henchmen, it has the best theme of the series, the voodoo element could be even more unrealistic than the DAD super tech but it does give the film a nice dark, creepy vibe (the bit at the end with Samedi on the train is haunting). Moore is really good too.

I like FYEO, it's by my favourite Bond director and there's a great cold war plot, a great performance by Moore, and some great action, but they gave Blofeld a crap death. That for me is enough to let it down.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FYEO Best Moore, and the car kick!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    LALD I find it a better film, not to mention the fact that it was my first.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FYEO.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Live & Let Die, but it's close. Two of Moore's better films.
    FYEO
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Has to be For Your Eyes Only, has a great small scale story, Moore is almost believable as Bond, and has his one true Bondian moment - the car kick. And the mountain climbing sequence is really tense. So much of LALD is just filler. Nice tune though!
    Tough one for me as i like both? However? It has to be LALD as it was my first ever Bond movie.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    For Your Eyes Only. On the whole a really strong film.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    FYEO

I took a liking to this film growing up as a youth. I wasn't too keen on it as a kid. But, nowadays I love every aspect of this film, including the unconventional (by 007 standards) Conti score. Even Bibi gets a pass (and an ice cream if she must insist. ;-) )
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    FYEO

Better story, better Bond from Sir Rog, better direction, better action.
    Better Bond girl, but only so far as the character goes. Carole Bouquet and Jane Seymour would run neck and neck in the stunner department. Ding dong.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ah, a pretty close one for me. But I am going with FYEO, one of my favorites.
    But I like LALD and it has a great theme song.
    Both are two of Roger Moore's better entries. But I'll give the edge to FYEO for Moore's harder-edged performance.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Both are two of Roger Moore's better entries. But I'll give the edge to FYEO for Moore's harder-edged performance.

I've never been overly keen on LALD. Don't get me wrong its a good movie but not all that great IMO. It looks a bit too cheap and "70s blaxploitation" for my liking. It's not really that stylish, luscious or epic.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    LALD vs FYEO
  • Murdock wrote:

Ditto that Murdock. I still love LALD and wouldn't mind anyone voting it best Moore film.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:

Ditto that Murdock. I still love LALD and wouldn't mind anyone voting it best Moore film.

I Agree, I love LALD too, It was one of the first I saw as a boy.
    LALD
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited July 2012 Posts: 3,262
    Neither are in my top half and Jane beats Carole but I'll vote for FYEO
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I wll vote for FYEO because Bond didn't offer Solitaire an ice cream in LALD.
    Live and Let Die is top of the tree for me, it will never change, so it's not much of a challenge for any rival releases, although FYEO is a damn fine Bond adventure, but Moore's debut film wins once again
    FYEO without a doubt
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,044
    LALD