The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/sony-announces-dates-for-two-more-sequels-to-the-amazing-spider-man

Two more sequels are set after the second movie. One in 2016 and one in 2018. I hope at least the second movie is better then the first..

So maybe Sony Pictures has the financial muscles to produce these high-budget films. That looks good for Bond 24.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,355
    This only means one thing: cue the "why can't it happen to Bond?" whining.

As far as Spider-Man goes, let's hope all these films are good enough. They're coming thick and fast.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And look at that, released every 2 years! *gasps*.
    Felicity Jones has let slip she's playing Black Cat:

Mary Jane has been cut from the upcoming film:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/shailene-woodley-mary-jane-cut-amazing-spider-man-2/#more-524702

When she appears in the third film, will Shailene Woodley still be playing her?

She only worked for three days and shot around three scenes.

Woodley has said "of course I'm bummed but I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason .... based on the proposed plot, I completely understand holding off on introducing [Mary Jane] until the next film."
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    If she only had a very small part then I understand and would rather have her be introduced in a film where she has a major role where we can get to know her. Plus, she's been the major love interest in three other films; let Gwen have her time to shine before her inevitable demise.
    "Hello? Haaaaaaayyy how have you been?? Yeah I can talk!"

6vsEkTD.jpg
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4,622
    MrBond wrote:
    http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/sony-announces-dates-for-two-more-sequels-to-the-amazing-spider-man

Two more sequels are set after the second movie. One in 2016 and one in 2018. I hope at least the second movie is better then the first..

So maybe Sony Pictures has the financial muscles to produce these high-budget films. That looks good for Bond 24.
    Yes it would. They have three sequels, all on two year production schedules. It would be real nice if Bond production could be amped to a similar pace.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @timmer, Bond films were planned on being like this after the MGM bankruptcy debacle, but the future possibility of that is still unknown.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    And look at that, released every 2 years! *gasps*.

You can't compare a series with just one completed film to a behemoth franchise of 23 films released over 50 years that has seen every change in society/culture since the 60s and has garnered more accolades than could be processed by the human brain.
    Sarah Gadon has told reports she's joining The Amazing Spider-Man series. Could she be playing Mary-Jane Watson in the third film?
    I hope so. I'm not familiar with her acting credentials but one she's hooter than Woodley (MJ is supposed to be a stunner) and 2 she's far more age appropriate, she's 27/28.
    Is there any 'end' to the Spider-Man story, like Batman or Superman? I wonder if the idea is to tell the whole thing over four, six, or however many films?
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Is there any 'end' to the Spider-Man story, like Batman or Superman? I wonder if the idea is to tell the whole thing over four, six, or however many films?

Well Marvel pretty much "retcons" rather than "ends".
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 584
    So how many characters are being introduced here?

Electro, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, Rhino, Black Cat, Harry Osborn, The Vulture, Doctor Ashley Kafka and probably the Bugle Staff (JJ and Betty) in addition to having flashbacks of Captain Stacy, Uncle Ben, and probably Doctor Connors.

Jeez.
    I know. Something along the lines of Nolan Batman would be nice. I mean, afterwards, what will they do, reboot it again?...
    And while I'm not big on the universe of Spider-Man, they've already confirmed two more sequels after the second film, so are they introducing quite a few of these that will stick around, and most of these will be obsolete 'defeated' villains after the second one? It just seems like a whole lot to cram into the second movie.
    No doubt a lot will be set up now, for coming films.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 3,333
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sarah Gadon has told reports she's joining The Amazing Spider-Man series. Could she be playing Mary-Jane Watson in the third film?
    You could be right, @Sam. Entertainment Tonight is now reporting that Woodley has been completely dropped from the franchise. The official line is that scheduling conflicts are the reason behind the parting of ways. With Woodley’s departure comes a nice MJ-shaped vacancy. Early reports claim that Sarah Gadon has been cast as Mary Jane for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3. Gadon is best known for her roles in COSMOPOLIS and DREAM HOUSE. Whilst Gadon is officially on board for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3, the actress refused to give any answers when asked directly if she would be playing MJ.
    I missed something - I thought we had a Mary Jane. I heard they moved her to part 3 instead of 2 but why the new actress?
    I missed something - I thought we had a Mary Jane. I heard they moved her to part 3 instead of 2 but why the new actress?

It's due to Woodley's scheduling conflicts come the third film. She had filmed a very short part in the second movie.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

Well, I like her a lot better than Woodley. Now, I am not one who ever chooses looks over talent, but I think anyone who plays MJ should be able to completely make you drop your jaw when you see her (as she makes Peter do when he first opened his door to her), and she would do just that:

sarah-gadon-1-500x668.jpg

cear-sarah-gadon-actress-cosmopolis-h.jpg

I haven't seen any work from her, but she is jaw dropping and could really command the screen with her beauty, something you would expect an MJ film counterpart to do. She looks Felicia Hardy-ish too so if the rumors are true she could be playing Black Cat instead of Felicity Jones. But then who would Felicity Jones play? She answered that interview question conspicuously, so she could be the one who is actually playing Black Cat instead of Gadon. But maybe Jones is playing Betty Brant (another important woman in Pete's life), meaning this film will show Peter getting his Daily Bugle job and showing us JJ for the first time in the new reboot, and Gadon will still be MJ, so if that happens maybe Black Cat was all just a rumor to be appearing in the film. This all makes my head spin.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Ha, they're comics, so very few have endings. Spiderman has been running over the span of 50 years, and there is never an end. In fact, the Spiderman comics are always poked fun at for the fact that Peter has been twenty for 60 years and all that. While there isn't an end to Spiderman, there are tons of great stories to tell that happened as events in the comics.

The one thing I do like about Sony lining up two more films after this means they are planning ahead and know where the story is going. I would love to see this reboot tackle the Sinister Six storyline, and since they are packing in so many villains, I hope they do. The original Sinister Six consisted of Doctor Octopus, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman and Vulture, and since we know Electro will appear and Vulture may be a possibility, they may be setting it up. Rhino could take the place of one of the others, maybe Doc Ock as he has appeared in the Raimi films already. They could make a Sinister Six out of any six villains, so we will just have to wait and see what happens. I really want to see Green Goblin, though.
    UPDATE: The Wrap's Jeff Sneider has posted the following update to his Twitter feed. It's looking like Peter Parker isn't going to be hitting the jackpot until 2016.

"100% CONFIRMED: Sarah Gadon IS in Amazing Spider-Man 2 briefly," he writes. "She is NOT playing Mary Jane Watson, who will NOT appear until Part THREE. A FALSE rumor started that Sarah replaced Shailene as MJ. She confirmed to ET Canada she's in the movie. Fans made a connection. It's wrong. Nothing else to report, so calm down everyone. No drama here to see. Marc Webb cut MJ appearance to streamline the story."
    So three women, three villains all on the go, good God. Can Pete handle it all? ;)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,812
    Wow, that black and white pick just screams MJ! Too bad she's not going to be playing her; although I think she looks a tad too old to be in high school. Woodley looks cute but not on the level that MJ should be.
    I hope they are throwing us for a loop with this MJ news.
    Is This The Real Reason Shailene Woodley Was Cut From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2?
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=82277#TDdYoqdua58Q6oAw.99
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Is This The Real Reason Shailene Woodley Was Cut From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2?
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=82277#TDdYoqdua58Q6oAw.99

How big are the spoilers in that article? A simple answer of small, decently sizable or humungous will suffice.

I will deduce that...
    The article states that since Mary Jane and Peter meet AFTER Gwen dies ASM2 will kill Gwen and set up MJ in ASM3?
    Electro Featured On THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 EW Cover

SF8OyLN.jpg
    Foxx looks awesome as Electro!

And the spidey suit makes me want to weep for joy.