"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    The cherries will prevail @barryt007 ;)
    Benny wrote: »
    001 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    They don't need video for offsides. It's swings and roundabouts.

That's BS. Wake up, it's 2017. :)

I worry what some of the youth want for the future of the game.

Didn't chelsea score a goal in the FA cup final this year and it was ruled offside when it wasn't young fella. :)
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    Didn't Liverpool not win anything for 25 years.
  • RC7RC7

Goal line tech is enough. It's a slippery slope. It doesn't matter if it's 1917 or 2017, football needs to remain as tech free as possible. I say this as someone who has seen these sorts of decisions affect title run ins. It's the nature of the game. Let's not turn this into American sport, where we're sat around for four hours because of stoppages.

Hahaha oooh that's gotta hurt !

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    NicNac wrote: »
    Oh no I was right all along. We are utter shit.

Make no mistake - with Liverpool's defence this is still on.

Could end 6-5 but Christ knows which way.

You can't go denouncing religion and then calling on Jesus to give you guidance in this hour of need.

Well if it comes down to putting my faith in Moreno and Minger or a magic fairy in the sky I know which is more effective at keeping the ball from going in your net.

Liverpool Won the Champion League Final in 2005 when 3-0 down at half time against one of the best teams ever, Crespo,Shevchenko,Kaka,Maldini etc in the Greatest Football Final of all time .

Hardly 25 years ago Benster. :)

I was actually making a point that if the technology was used in the fa cup final this year chelsea the goal scored which was ruled offside would have equalised the match.

That's why it's needed, and More Importantly :) Liverpool had a goal scored against us that was offside 2 weeks ago which cost us the win.

That's right, they didn't not.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Oh no I was right all along. We are utter shit.

Make no mistake - with Liverpool's defence this is still on.

Could end 6-5 but Christ knows which way.

You can't go denouncing religion and then calling on Jesus to give you guidance in this hour of need.

Well if it comes down to putting my faith in Moreno and Minger or a magic fairy in the sky I know which is more effective at keeping the ball from going in your net.

ber-dum chhhh

Goal line tech is enough. It's a slippery slope. It doesn't matter if it's 1917 or 2017, football needs to remain as tech free as possible. I say this as someone who has seen these sorts of decisions affect title run ins. It's the nature of the game. Let's not turn this into American sport, where we're sat around for four hours because of stoppages.

Your living in the Past man.......... They don't have swings and roundabouts any more ,they have Playstations and this internet thingo. :)
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2017 Posts: 10,512

Liverpool Won the Champion League Final in 2005 when 3-0 down at half time against one of the best teams ever, Crespo,Shevchenko,Kaka,Maldini etc in the Greatest Football Final of all time .

I was actually making a point that if the technology was used in the fa cup final this year chelsea the goal scored which was ruled offside would have equalised the match.

That's why it's needed, and More Importantly :) Liverpool had a goal scored against us that was offside 2 weeks ago which cost us the win.

Offside tech won't win you the title, mate. Everyone is in the same boat. You should be more oncerned with conceding 3 against Watford.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,444
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Same here...different season,same shit,i think.

Even Paul Merson,Ian Wright,Alan Smith and Charlie Nicholas think so,they are tearing their hair out (apart from Wrighty obviously,as he is bald.)

Although seeing Liverpool's near collapse last night we might have a chance.
    One thing is for sure,with these 2 bloody teams anything could happen - I don't think it will be 0-0 !!
    I will not be surprised if we get a result like 3-1, 4-3 - or even better, the other way around! :D
    I fear Doncaster will turn out to be more of a challenge than on paper, but I hope we don't get any surprises there.

Offside tech won't win you the title, mate. Everyone is in the same boat. You should be more oncerned with conceding 3 against Watford.
    Watford have looked better than last year in the matches I've seen so far. Marco Silva is a good manager.

2 weeks ago against watford the 3rd goal was OFFSIDE..... Is reading Difficult for you :)
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117

Offside tech won't win you the title, mate. Everyone is in the same boat.

Love how its all the fault of the FA/FIFA for not getting videos refs in and not LFC for presiding over the worst recruitment in the league for 27 years (and counting because we wont win it this year either).

Its not the odd offside decision going against us that will stop us winning the title its Jurgen thinking defending is just a big hilarious joke he can laugh his way out of in every press conference after his hapless bunch of clowns have conceded another 3 goals and dropped more points.

2 weeks ago against watford the 3rd goal was OFFSIDE..... Is reading Difficult for you :)

But seeing as we scored 3 why should it matter? Oh yeah because we'd already conceded 2 others as well because we are still utterly clueless at the back.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2017 Posts: 10,512

Yeah, because the offside was your only problem. Guess what, they don't have offside tech, so you conceded 3. That's what the history books will say, mate, because that's what happened. You have two options, bleat about decisions that everyone faces or sort out your terrible defence.

Yeah, because the offside was your only problem. Guess what, they don't have offside tech, so you conceded 3. That's what the history books will say, mate, because that's what happened. You have two options, bleat about decisions that everyone faces or sort out your terrible defence.

You cannot stop technology dude. It's only a matter of time. Tick Tock. :)

Love how its all the fault of the FA/FIFA for not getting videos refs in and not LFC for presiding over the worst recruitment in the league for 27 years (and counting because we wont win it this year either).

Its not the odd offside decision going against us that will stop us winning the title its Jurgen thinking defending is just a big hilarious joke he can laugh his way out of in every press conference after his hapless bunch of clowns have conceded another 3 goals and dropped more points.

But seeing as we scored 3 why should it matter? Oh yeah because we'd already conceded 2 others as well because we are still utterly clueless at the back.

Everyone except the Kloppster it seems knows about our defence, so why do you keep repeating the same old lines.

Lovren ,mignolet and moreno should be playing for the reserves.As me, you and most Liverpool fans know...........
    You'd think that Klopp having been a defender would know better.
  • RC7RC7

You guys have been saying that since 1991.

You guys have been saying that since 1991.

I haven't been saying, You cannot stop technology since 1991. :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ibra resigned for United great signing made my day
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339

In that case,as a diehard Gooner ,i'm glad its not been introduced or we will probably have lost the final !!

Even Paul Merson,Ian Wright,Alan Smith and Charlie Nicholas think so,they are tearing their hair out (apart from Wrighty obviously,as he is bald.)

One thing is for sure,with these 2 bloody teams anything could happen - I don't think it will be 0-0 !!
    I will not be surprised if we get a result like 3-1, 4-3 - or even better, the other way around! :D
    I fear Doncaster will turn out to be more of a challenge than on paper, but I hope we don't get any surprises there.

Watford have looked better than last year in the matches I've seen so far. Marco Silva is a good manager.

And they have just signed ,or about to sign,a highly rated Benfica winger on loan,who has worked with Silva before.

Everyone except the Kloppster it seems knows about our defence, so why do you keep repeating the same old lines.

Well you seem to think its down to shit offside decisions that we're hemorrhaging points.

I keep repeating it because no one seems to be interested in addressing it. And until we're not a joke at the back I'll keep saying it.

Well you seem to think its down to shit offside decisions that we're hemorrhaging points.

I keep repeating it because no one seems to be interested in addressing it. And until we're not a joke at the back I'll keep saying it.

I haven't commented Wiz,because my team's defence is just as crap as yours,and we are about to sell our forever injured German centre-back instead of bringing a decent bloody player in !!

Arsenal not a selling club anymore ? Bollocks to you Arsene !!!

• RC7RC7

Not saying they don't, but do a club of Liverpool's ambition really want to be conceding that amount of goals against any team, never mind a yo-yo club?

I haven't commented Wiz,because my team's defence is just as crap as yours,and we are about to sell our forever injured German centre-back instead of bringing a decent bloody player in !!

We're in the same boat. Both got owners who see it as a money making exercise which anyone who has owned a football club can tell you it is most certainly not.

As Hansen might have said 'You'll never win anything with Yanks'.

We're in the same boat. Both got owners who see it as a money making exercise which anyone who has owned a football club can tell you it is most certainly not.

Too true,meanwhile Tottenham Hotscum pull away from us and Everton are approaching level with you.

Sad times for 2 great clubs indeed,especially as it doesn't NEED to be ,and the funds are sitting there.

Too true,meanwhile Tottenham Hotscum pull away from us and Everton are approaching level with you.

Sad times for 2 great clubs indeed,especially as it doesn't NEED to be ,and the funds are sitting there.

Dont worry about Spurs mate. Come next summer Daniel going to have revolution on his hands because Harry, Dele and Toby are going to wake up at some point and realise the guy is taking the piss with their wages with mugs like Sterling trousering at least double what they are getting.

Everton seem to be going about things well though but hopefully Barca will have Koeman off them soon and they're still missing a decent striker.

And meanwhile FSG fiddle while Rome burns and the window gets ever closer to closing.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,444
    We could fill just as many pages as the Bond 25 Production Diary-thread, speaking about the defence of Liverpool and Arsenal. It's so bloody obvious the challenges both clubs have at the back, and still nothing changes.

Speaking of Arsenal; what do they have left if they sell Mustafi? Just as injury-prone Mertesacker, Koscielny – and young Holding. Remember Gabriel has already left for Valencia, and using Monreal and Kolašinac in central positions clearly doesn't work. Might as well use Krystian Bielik then (who has looked good when I've seen him play). Without at least one really good option there, Arsenal will not have any chance competing for the title. Central midfield is also a problem, with Xhaka and Ramsey being punished for their mistakes game after game after game... Still like the two very much, but it's obvious that Arsenal without Cazorla isn't much, really.

Dont worry about Spurs mate. Come next summer Daniel going to have revolution on his hands because Harry, Dele and Toby are going to wake up at some point and realise the guy is taking the piss with their wages with mugs like Sterling trousering at least double what they are getting.

Everton seem to be going about things well though but hopefully Barca will have Koeman off them soon and they're still missing a decent striker.

And meanwhile FSG fiddle while Rome burns and the window gets ever closer to closing.

True..

I must say i'm looking forward to that ticking time bomb the board are sitting on going off...

I will sit in my deck chair with a glass of champagne ( or cava if its tightwad Wenger) and an expensive cigar,even though I don't even smoke he he .