"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Any Everton fans here?
    Opinion about Hajduk? :D
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Well,i know its nearly always embarrassing to be an Arsenal fan nowadays,but this gives a whole new meaning to the word 'embarrassing'.

Personally i hope we lose 12-0 and then finally get rid of the French dinosaur in charge.

There is no disgrace in losing to a great club like Liverpool but not like this,what a bunch of cowards.

Only just read the results from todays games. If it's any consolation Barry my team got thumped too! Lol!
    And @Torgeirtrap lost twice in one day.....thank God here in the UK it is a bank holiday tomorrow and for once no work @RogueAgent
    Great win by Liverpool. Salah has proven a great addition to the team.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,435
    And @Torgeirtrap lost twice in one day.....thank God here in the UK it is a bank holiday tomorrow and for once no work @RogueAgent

Ive had better Monday's. :(

Did Rosenberg lose as well ?

Cheer up! Nobody cares about the Cup anyway. And it would be a bit bad if RBK win the double three (!!!) years in a row. Might as well let someone else have it.

And Arsenal will rise again eventually.

Did Rosenberg lose as well ?

Yeah... Not a bad game in terms of effort necessarily, but they didn't have their best game in terms of finishing chances inside the box. Way better than Arsenal's performance though.

jobo wrote: »

Cheer up! Nobody cares about the Cup anyway. And it would be a bit bad if RBK win the double three (!!!) years in a row. Might as well let someone else have it.

And Arsenal will rise again eventually.

Three doubles in a row would have been a great effort though, wouldn't it? Would take a lot for any team to do the same.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RBK lost in the Cup. Not their priority I'd say. Even less so with a European campaign in fortsight.
    So Mustafi is going to Inter and the Ox is off to Chelsea...nice to see we are improving the shit squad .
    @GoldenGun Not a priority, no. But in terms of tradition, the Cup is something to reach for. Bright side is (as you mentioned) the European campaign. Don't know what to hope for, really. I've never seen Vardar before – as for Real Sociedad, maybe some people here follow the Primera División? Would like to know what to expect with RS. No doubt Zenit St. Petersburg are strong.
    Both pretty solid teams tbh..Rosenberg will have their work cut out with those two teams.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    @GoldenGun Not a priority, no. But in terms of tradition, the Cup is something to reach for. Bright side is (as you mentioned) the European campaign. Don't know what to hope for, really. I've never seen Vardar before – as for Real Sociedad, maybe some people here follow the Primera División? Would like to know what to expect with RS. No doubt Zenit St. Petersburg are strong.

Zenit are good but not unbeatable, last year they got eliminated by Anderlecht in the round of 32. Sociedad is solid and I'd say they are favourites for the top spot. As for Vardar, traditionally not a team to fear but they kicked out Fenerbahçe this year so better not underestimate them.
    So Mustafi is going to Inter and the Ox is off to Chelsea...nice to see we are improving the shit squad .

Clearing out the deadwood? Must be someone incoming.
    vzok wrote: »

Clearing out the deadwood? Must be someone incoming.

We do leave it late,over the last few years 33% of our signings come in the last week of Deadline day.

Fingers crossed.
  • RC7RC7
    The trouble you've got now is convincing any incoming players that they aren't boarding a sinking ship.
    RC7 wrote: »
    The trouble you've got now is convincing any incoming players that they aren't boarding a sinking ship.

Oh its sinking....it is sinking quicker than the Titanic or the Lusitania...but i will reserve judgement until 01SEP 02:00 approx.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 7,506

Real Sociedad are top of the table in Spain at the moment on more goals scored than Barcelona. Their biggest star is old Arsenal recruit, Carlos Vela as well as as club legend Xabi Prieto. They have a rock solid midfield with Illaramendi, Canales, Pardo and Januzaj, as well as one of the best center backs in the league in Iñigo Martinez. They are lethal on the break, one of Spain's best counter attacking teams, and are a feared side at Anoeta. Barcelona haven't won there in eight years...

I don't think we will servive in Sans Sebastian, but at Lerkendal on a good night - preferably with ice cold weather - everything is possible.

Too right! However I am sure the lads at work tomorrow may still have a word or two to say to me still? I'm sure you know how it is?
    @barryt007, @GoldenGun, @jobo Thanks for the info! No high hopes for the game at Anoeta Stadium, then. A cold November night at Lerkendal is a different thing, though!

RC7 wrote: »

Oh its sinking....it is sinking quicker than the Titanic or the Lusitania...but i will reserve judgement until 01SEP 02:00 approx.

So will I. Selling Ox will surely mean more game time for Kolašinac – who should have played at Anfield. Not too worried there (yet). CM and CB-positions on the other hand...
    Hm. So Coutinho meets up with the Brazil national team and suddenly all his "back pain" has evaporated, and the medical staff declares him to be in perfect playing condition? Talk about akward... You can't fool us anymore, Liverpool ;))
    Hm. So Coutinho meets up with the Brazil national team and suddenly all his "back pain" has evaporated, and the medical staff declares him to be in perfect playing condition? Talk about akward... You can't fool us anymore, Liverpool ;))

He is bang out of order, but he isn't the first player to pull a stunt like this and I am sure he will not be the last!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Crazy cutting it fine to bring players in, the Ox is not a loss to be honest

It isn't Liverpool doing the fooling. Brazil medical team have attributed back pain to transfer stress.

You couldn't make it up. Oh hang on, they just did.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,435
    Latest rumour is that Alexis Sánchez is heading for City, with Raheem Sterling heading the other way in a cash-plus-player deal between the clubs. Unlikely perhaps, but more surprising things have happened in this transfer window already!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 7,506

It isn't Liverpool doing the fooling. Brazil medical team have attributed back pain to transfer stress.

Exactly. Liverpool made it up... They "created" the injury, Brazil's medical staff created thr excuse for it.

Exactly. Liverpool made it up... They "created" the injury, Brazil's medical staff created thr excuse for it.

No he said he was injured.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Oxlade Chamberlain less than a year left on contract going for £35 - £40 million to Liverpool, I think Arsenal have done well there though selling at last minute is crazy
    Oxlade Chamberlain less than a year left on contract going for £35 - £40 million to Liverpool, I think Arsenal have done well there though selling at last minute is crazy

More worried about players in, to be honest. As for Ox, it's quite clear that Wenger have only one place on the field for him, and that isn't central midfield. Have a feeling that this is one transfer that might come back to bite Arsenal. Wouldn't be surprised if Ox becomes a better footballer under Klopp.