"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

That would be disastrous for Netherlands to miss out on another tournament .
    What has gone wrong with Netherlands?
    @Gustav_Graves will have to answer that question.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal bid £92 million for Lemar
    But reports also has it that he wants a Liverpool move. Not going to believe anything until confirmation of the deal. Interesting hours ahead now...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Either way both teams would smash there transfer record if Lemar ends up at any of them
    Either way both teams would smash there transfer record if Lemar ends up at any of them

I've missed that,its not the BBC Football Live website !

barryt007 wrote: »

I would rather they bid £92m on Van Dyk and Evans and maybe Carvallo .

• edited August 2017 Posts: 17,435
    Wenger is in France now, according to reports. :-D

Reported on Sky Sports News
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339

OK fair enough,i trust them,and will be watching them all night when I get home,exciting evening ahead.

I still think we could get 2/3 more reliable players (centre backs and a holding midfielder) for that amount of money.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    vzok wrote: »
    Calling it now - despite Liverpool pretending to be a superclub over the last 48hrs by bandying about all these massive bids there'll be no one else coming in.

They have just bought Oxy Moron

I was already counting him as our marquee signing. That'll be it now.

But if you are commanding a 92m fee why the hell would you sign for Arsenal? Just to live in London?

Are these guys so mercenary they'll happily jump on board the Titanic if you give them enough wedge a week?

OK fair enough,i trust them,and will be watching them all night when I get home,exciting evening ahead.

I still think we could get 2/3 more reliable players (centre backs and a holding midfielder) for that amount of money.

Yeah, they are saying if they get Lemar? Sanchez will be on his way out!
    vzok wrote: »
    Calling it now - despite Liverpool pretending to be a superclub over the last 48hrs by bandying about all these massive bids there'll be no one else coming in.

They have just bought Oxy Moron

I was already counting him as our marquee signing. That'll be it now.

But if you are commanding a 92m fee why the hell would you sign for Arsenal? Just to live in London?

Are these guys so mercenary they'll happily jump on board the Titanic if you give them enough wedge a week?

Sky are suggesting Lemar does not want to go to Arsenal and that he is more interested in The Reds, also if Lemar does not go to Arsenal then Sanchez stays put
    Man City have bid £60m for Sanchez!
  • RC7RC7
    Is Lemar worth £92m, even in this market?
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,435
    Thomas Lemar never wanted to go to Arsenal. He wants to join Liverpool because they're in the UCL. (Source: SkySports)
    Deadline day never fail to entertain.
    Thomas Lemar never wanted to go to Arsenal. He wants to join Liverpool because they're in the UCL. (Source: SkySports)
    Deadline day never fail to entertain.

To say Sky Sports presenters get over excited is a under statement
    Transfers really happening in the last hours now. Can we se someone in to Arsenal?
    Lemar deal not happening Sanchez stays
    Lemar deal not happening Sanchez stays

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about that. Sánchez's body language for quite some time now has been worrying. The top player(s) need to be fully committed to the club.
  • RC7RC7
    Hardly surprising. Why would a 21-year-old who has just won the Ligue 1 title and will be playing CL football this season join a club that's in its most tumultuous period since Wenger joined - leaking players, already six points off the pace and with second tier European football?
    True from a selfish point of view I am glad City have not been strengthened by Sanchez
    @Gustav_Graves will have to answer that question.

Well, I think it's a combination of mismanagement, decline of good youth training facilities, decline of respect among ultra-young top players, the big money machine (Johnny Bosman jurisprudence basically was the death penalty for good football in smaller football nations) and...the big money.
    France should be out of sight against the Dutch, I can't believe Sneijder, Robben and Van Persie are still playing.
    And Thomas Lemar has just scored for France. Come on, Arsene!
    Was a sweet strike by Lemar, France have some great young players.
    Like I told you so :-). It's over and out for Netherlands.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,967
    Holland ripped apart ouch! England did no better to be honest against the French

3 - 0
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,967
    What a goal by Mbappe 4 - 0 good value

Edited: Ross Barkley rejects Chelsea, mid way through medical he changed his mind crikey!