"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Its ok mate next time ill get my team in on time.

England B team average though still dont want to lose this game.
    If we do lose then we get Columbia n then either Sweden or Switzerland in the quarters ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    True though I hate losing lol England record against Sweden is not great assuming they advance.
    True though I hate losing lol England record against Sweden is not great assuming they advance.

It’s a bloody awful record I agree !!

• edited June 2018 Posts: 17,662
    It was a friendly if I remember correctly, but that Zlatan bicycle goal against England was a beauty.
    It was a friendly if I remember correctly, but that Zlatan bicycle goal against England was a beauty.

Yep a friendly,but tbf it was a brilliant goal from the arrogant bugger haha .
    Looking at our defending ENGLAND are better off avoiding Brazil for now.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Yep a friendly,but tbf it was a brilliant goal from the arrogant bugger haha .

Haha, he's an arrogant bugger, yes! :))
    That Sweden team as a whole is probably better without him, but he would have made that team more entertaining, perhaps.
    Looking at our defending ENGLAND are better off avoiding Brazil for now.

Yep,i'm ok with the journey we have ahead..we have a good record against Columbia and i think we will beat Sweden/Switzerland ,then anything can happen in the semis .

This just proved the England B team are crap,apart from Delph,Rose,Cahill tonight.

Rashford and Dier didnt look interested.
    I'll just post this one here. Fixtures are getting interesting!

36323678_10155851684192462_6677813489668456448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7b61f2c80d8a58461d9a3eca470e29da&oe=5BA564FC
    My picks to advance...

PORTUGAL
    FRANCE
    BRAZIL
    BELGIUM
    SPAIN
    CROATIA
    SWITZERLAND
    ENGLAND
    My picks to advance...

PORTUGAL
    FRANCE
    BRAZIL
    BELGIUM
    SPAIN
    CROATIA
    SWITZERLAND
    ENGLAND

Not far from what I'm thinking:
    URUGUAY (Hoping for them, at least. That Portugal side aren't entertaining)
    FRANCE (Argentina might as well go through, but the depth of that France squad…)
    BRAZIL
    BELGIUM
    SPAIN
    CROATIA (Hope Denmark can surprise, but other than Eriksen, not many standout players. Would have been fun to see Bendtner at the WC. Shame he got injured)
    SWITZERLAND (Think Shaqiri & Co will be to strong for the Swedes, but as with Denmark, I hope they will surprise us)
    ENGLAND (Would have been a 50/50 if Rodriguez hadn't gone off injured. Falcao can't beat England alone).
    Well we are certainly in the better half of the draw?!! Though I think Columbia could be a banana skin waiting to happen?
    I just have a feeling Ronaldo will turn up and Portugal will scrape through again.

If I was pushed for a major shock it would be JAPAN to beat BELGIUM.
    I just have a feeling Ronaldo will turn up and Portugal will scrape through again.
    That would be typical, wouldn't it.
    If I was pushed for a major shock it would be JAPAN to beat BELGIUM.
    Not sure about this one. I don't think Japan has been that good. On the other hand; Lukaku do have an injury - and what about Hazard and Meunier? Where they just rested?
    I don't think it will happen, but an amusing shock would be if Mexico beat Brazil. And it is not that unlikely. For such a large country, crazy with football, it's about time Mexico progress deep into a World Cup!
    jobo wrote: »
    I don't think it will happen, but an amusing shock would be if Mexico beat Brazil. And it is not that unlikely. For such a large country, crazy with football, it's about time Mexico progress deep into a World Cup!

If it happens, that will make this WC even more interesting!
    jobo wrote: »

If it happens, that will make this WC even more interesting!

The way this WC is going it wouldnt surprise me,and i would love it !
    At least Everton have offloaded Shrek to DC Utd ...major saving on the wage bill.
    At least Everton have offloaded Shrek to DC Utd ...major saving on the wage bill.

Just read it. That signing didn't work out for them, so no surprise there.

Mohamed "Moi" Elyounoussi has apparently signed for Southampton - only awaiting to be confirmed by the club. One of the most interesting Norwegian players right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he does well for The Saints.

Mohamed "Moi" Elyounoussi has apparently signed for Southampton - only awaiting to be confirmed by the club. One of the most interesting Norwegian players right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he does well for The Saints.

Saints have generally gained good players,its holding on to them is the problem.But with 'Sparky' in charge that should change.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Don’t laugh, but England has a legit shot at the final.
    TripAces wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

I wont comment or i will jinx it !

Saints have generally gained good players,its holding on to them is the problem.But with 'Sparky' in charge that should change.

Imagine what a team they could have been if they hadn't sold their best players. Top six-seven wouldn't have been impossible.

Imagine what a team they could have been if they hadn't sold their best players. Top six-seven wouldn't have been impossible.

Thats why having Sparky there might change things...he has already off-loaded Tadic to Ajax,and Forster (wrongly imo) is for sale.

Thats why having Sparky there might change things...he has already off-loaded Tadic to Ajax,and Forster (wrongly imo) is for sale.

Are they in for a new keeper? Haven't read any rumours.

Are they in for a new keeper? Haven't read any rumours.

They havent said anything.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Keep seeing this Harry Kane fever as if his inclusion would have altered the score against Belgium. Truth is Jamie Vardy picking defenders pockets created the only chances England got. And now he will have to make way for Kane.
    England did not want to win against Belgium, neither did Belgium wanted to win, but somehow ended up with a goal. Now England has got a fairly easy road to wander if they manage to play football decently.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 19,339
    NicNac wrote: »
    Keep seeing this Harry Kane fever as if his inclusion would have altered the score against Belgium. Truth is Jamie Vardy picking defenders pockets created the only chances England got. And now he will have to make way for Kane.

Vardy needs a holding partner,and Rashford was terrible.....
    SaintMark wrote: »
    England did not want to win against Belgium, neither did Belgium wanted to win, but somehow ended up with a goal. Now England has got a fairly easy road to wander if they manage to play football decently.

Its a long road still.,and as you and me know,Sweden are a bogie team.