Series Finales anyone? Desperate Housewives

edited May 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
I had not watched Desperate Housewives since season 3 but felt I had to tune in for the two hour finale. I guess the finale was okay but well Maybe it's me but...
I notice how there were no more strorng men on the show.
Hell, I recall the earyl episodes when most of the men on that show were "men". Mike Delpino, Susan's ex husband, (forgive me I can't recall the names) bree's first husband, the one who with his wife buried that body in the pool (he even murdered the nosy neighbor-what balls). I noticed that even Carlos Solis and Lennette's husband were mere shells of their former selves. Carlos used to be a real asskicking take no shytt from Gaby. he looked so emasculated in that final episode.

I guess the writers chose to limit their appeal to female viewers and leave out the male audience. I don't know. but yes, in the early days the show was appealing not only to women but to men as well. Maybe that is why after dropping the show from my viewer list during season 3 i never looked back.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,696
    never watched a single episode of that show - nor do I intend to in the future.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I never cared for the show in the slightest. My mom watched a few seasons, stopped, and then decided to tune in for the series finale last night, apparently.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Never watched it. Even though I'm the token Paris McKenna Carver fan on these forums, I never watched a single episode of this program. Then again, I wasn't in the target audience for it either.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Never watched never will. I get a smile after hearing of all the drama Terry causes on set though.
    Desperate housewives is mainstream garbage based around slutty older women that are deceptive and dirty. American mainstream television is a joke. It's demoralizing to even watch. Give me twilight zone and the oldies anyday. I do admit though I enjoy supernatural on CW.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Desperate housewives is mainstream garbage based around slutty older women that are deceptive and dirty. American mainstream television is a joke. It's demoralizing to even watch. Give me twilight zone and the oldies anyday. I do admit though I enjoy supernatural on CW.

You had me until Supernatural.

never watched a single episode of that show - nor do I intend to in the future.

you are a wise man, Roger Moore would be proud of you.