Who is more Fleming-esque? Moore v. Brosnan

1235»

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    FireSkull wrote:
    voted for Moore. I actually like PB more than RM but PB feels a bit too casual for Fleming-esque Bond.

I've listened to some of the audio books recently and one thing that struck me was how casual Fleming's Bond was. The clothes he wears and his mannerisms (he shrugs his shoulders quite a lot - something he never does in the films).

To this day Moore has always been the one I've pictured the least when reading/listening to the books. He's too "likeable" and "suave" and also doesn't look much like the descriptions of Bond Fleming gives. That said I think Roger's Bond is closer to Fleming's character personality-wise in LALD and FYEO - he's less jokey and more "down to business".

Brosnan had a few good Fleming-y moments in his films (walking through the statue park in GE, his meeting with M in the underground tunnel in DAD) and certainly resembled Fleming's physical description more closely - but appeared in cheesey films with relitively little resemblance to Fleming.

Part of me is tempted to say Brosnan simply because he comes to mind more than Moore...but its close.

Pierce or rog flemingesque?

.....and i am lenny the cross eyed lion..

John glen did kick a tough performance out of rog once in a blue moon so he gets my vote.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    actonsteve wrote:
    Pierce or rog flemingesque?

.....and i am lenny the cross eyed lion..

:))

Rog swang like Tarzan and surfed to the Beach Boys, and Pierce rode that bloody Tsunami and said "I thought Christmas only comes once a year"* so I take your point

*Damn Fleming would be spinning in his grave if he heard Bond say that
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    BOTH !

Moore is Fleming-esque much in TMWTGG, TSWLM and FYEO. Mostly for his class and his phlegm. His living standards level. He's got more skills in investigations (thanks to The Saint) than Pierce Brosnan, who had very much too but his films already were going more recent or modern than "classical" (classical as Roger's first 3).

Pierce is Fleming-esque in GoldenEye (more than partly), TND (mostly) and definitely TWINE. In DAD quite too, in my eyes. His classy style and wit perfectly fitted the character's description. His dark side too. Also the wit like Moore. HIs professional style

They're both Fleming-esque in their own ways. The character is completed by most of both interpretations. Excluding the softy style that had partly in each's films...