The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 5,185
    Take your time. But make sure you deliver the name as soon as possible. That information is vital, sir. :)]

I got it, look for:
    1964 0.8.5 GE edition
    With 'mouse injector' (should be inside the pakage anyway)

there are newer versions of 1964, but that one is the one i have. i've been told it was optimized for Goldeneye64 and Perfect Dark.
    You have to start the emulator and then the Mouse injector in paralel, activate it with F4 (or just 4, i forgot) on your keyboard
    It is also optimized for 1920x1080 that is another nice benefit
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @00Agent

GoldenEye the Nintendo game is the best game ever for me.

I have not nearly spent as much time on any other game than on GoldenEye.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Connery the Chemical Manufacturer.
    Lazenby the Genealogist.
    Moore the Sea Biologist.
    Dalton the Problem Eliminator.
    Brosnan the Banker
    and Craig...The Teacher on sabbatical . ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Connery the Chemical Manufacturer.
    Lazenby the Genealogist.
    Moore the Sea Biologist.
    Dalton the Problem Eliminator.
    Brosnan the Banker
    and Craig...The Teacher on sabbatical . ;)

LOL! that is great
    @BondJasonBond006

then you should try the Emulator i posted about earlier, sucked me right back in
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Pierces perfect suits, hair and dress were a high point of his tenure for me. The superior look is great.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed. Brosnan's appearance, especially in The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day were perfection judging by my perspective. They were a lot better than any other actors' choice of clothes, suits and hairstyles... Only losing it to Sean Connery in his first three films, to be honest.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2015 Posts: 7,529
    00Agent wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    One of Brosnan's best moments tgat encapsulates his whole look imho is when he gives the name intro in TND which incidentally just so happens to be his best delivery of tge line.

True.
    And what is also interesting about that scene is, that he is introduced as a "Banker" and he totally fits that, it feels natural.
    Now imagine Daniel Craig being introduced as a "Banker"... =))

LOL! :))

Who loves GoldenEye 007 for Nintendo 64?

Me! But this is the best James Bond game by a wide margin:

bond+cart.jpg

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,130
    Agreed. Brosnan's appearance, especially in The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day were perfection judging by my perspective. They were a lot better than any other actors' choice of clothes, suits and hairstyles... Only losing it to Sean Connery in his first three films, to be honest.

I loved his style, especially in Die Another day.
    As a woman i was drooling when he was getting cleaned up in the Honk Kong Hotel. The scene where is getting ready with his shirt and getting shaved.

That was to die for, there is nothing sexier than a good looking man like Pierce in Suit or Tuaxedo.
    The one in Goldeneye was a little big for him and still looked handsome but from Tomorrow never dies till Die another day his style was pure perfection and i loved that.

Me! But this is the best James Bond game by a wide margin:

bond+cart.jpg

Is it really that good?
    I never tried the game boy games for some reason.
    It translates a hell of a lot better into an actual James Bond adventure than all the Call of Duty clones do, including Goldeneye64 (which is an amazing game for different reasons).
    The formula for this game, broadened to be a more open world concept, would make for a brilliant Bond game. Travel to one of many available countries, find and talk to this or that woman, lay down some cards at a Baccarat table, get into a physical confrontation, find a clue that leads you to the next country to visit, etc etc etc.
    The Game Boy game has the right forumla, but it's very linear. As I remember, there are very few firearm interactions, and ammunition is very scarce.
    @NickTwentyTwo

You made me curious, i'll give it a try
    Also you get the M and Q briefing in this game, and there's a bit in Q's lab with a guy sitting on a couch and if you tap A next the couch, it flips over and eats the guy :))
    Don't know of another Bond game with Q lab gags :P
    OMG I totally forgot about this game, now that you mentioned the Q lab... :-O
    From Russia With Love (2005) by Electronic Arts. ;)

Cool! Never played it but heard it's great.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423

Cool! Never played it but heard it's great.

In case you'd like to see what is it made of, here it is.
    youtu.be/HlwpoxYm1Hg

I put it in spoilers to hide it from the regular view, since it isn't the right thread. Nevertheless, though, enjoy it. ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Off topic but like Dalton I wish Brosnan had had one more but solid film to end his tenure.

Brosnan had longed for the role for so long and thanks to his popularity as Bond the series stayed alive.

But like I've said before the producers were really in a learning curve during the Brosnan films. TWINE is a good example of that... trying to elevate beyond the norm with added drama and respected director but misfiring.

I enjoyed Brosnan as Bond and was glad he reached his dream.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Off topic but like Dalton I wish Brosnan had had one more but solid film to end his tenure.

Brosnan had longed for the role for so long and thanks to his popularity as Bond the series stayed alive.

But like I've said before the producers were really in a learning curve during the Brosnan films. TWINE is a good example of that... trying to elevate beyond the norm with added drama and respected director but misfiring.

I enjoyed Brosnan as Bond and was glad he reached his dream.

This is very on topic! lol
    A few of us before you went super off topic :P It would have been nice if Brosnan had a chance to redeem himself after TWINE and DAD for sure.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Brosnan will come back one more time for the next one;)
    There was nothing to redeem. All 4 movies were loved by the public back then, especially DAD which was perfect for 2002.
    But I am glad and was never bitter that EON decided to do CR and therefore without Brosnan.
    4 movies are enough and it was a good 7 years for the franchise.
    I don't get why one actor has to stay for more than 4 movies or more than 9 to 10 years max.
    Connery stepped down after 9 years and luckily so.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,130
    I just came back from seing No Escape it was a great movie all around and even though pierce's part here is small he still was great.
    He can still do action and do it great
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Just watched November Man again with my mom. I still love it and she loved it too. Pierce is the Best! :-bd
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Murdock wrote: »
    Just watched November Man again with my mom. I still love it and she loved it too. Pierce is the Best! :-bd

I loved The November man i hope the sequel rumore are true so Pierce could get his own Taken type of franchise.

He is my favorite actor, favorite Bond and action star without a doubt

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dutch release date of BD and dvd release of Survivor is 6 November..

9200000046257328_1.jpg

Released by DFW, same company as The November Man. Only bonus material wil be some startup trailers, if there are smart there include trailer from November Man.

No Escape: 29 October 2015 in Dutch cinema's...

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    The first Bond I saw. GoldenEye was really good and it still clocks the top 5 on my list today.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I actually think Pierce looks better now with a few years behind him, very
    distinguished.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    He's really himself in this one and it's great to see him like that.

When he was announced as Bond, "we" all expected to have this very cool and natural attitude as Bond on screen. He was thought to be somehow the only guy that could pull of the kind of OTT Bond that Roger created. And then "they" decided he would seriously face women calling him a mysoginistic dinosaur. Oh well.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Today the widest read Swiss newspaper released their very good Spectre review (posted it on the review thread). It's in German of course.

20min.ch/entertainment/kino/story/James-Bond-ist-definitiv-auferstanden-18223440

There are 26 user comments on the online version. And now imagine my surprise when I read them through just now.

7 people praise Pierce Brosnan, 7 different people are very critical of the Craig-era, while QOS and Skyfall get mentioned negatively by 2 others.
    2 praise Craig being the best ever, 2 others praise the Craig-era in general.
    The rest is neutral or just looking forward to Spectre.

The reason I'm posting this is because being on this forum made me question my believe that Brosnan still is very popular in general. Not saying that Craig is not, just that Pierce hasn't lost his popularity in the general public as one could think reading through this forum.
    I know that 26 comments is not representative but it shows that at least in Switzerland there are people that still love Pierce's movies and his Bond.
    Maybe that helps some of you better understand why I always come running defending Brosnan or his movies when he gets criticised or even bashed here. It's not that I want to belittle Craig's legacy or simply put him down.
    Maybe it's a Swiss thing, we are special after all. We have holes in our cheese and are even proud of it. Our cows have cowbells around their neck of the size of a small mini-van and they are ear-shattering! and we love them :))
    So excuse me, if we love Pierce Brosnan, it's obviously in our nature :))

Ok, I'll promise, NOW, to stay away until after Spectre did its thing at the cinema :))

PS: should that ratio of Pierce love in the user comments drastically change I will make an update.
    I know, I know, I'm silly...or even crazy... ;)