UEFA Euro 2012, June 8th - July 1st

Comments

I would say one thing for the Irish....they are indeed Irish.

Polish fans have been officially warned that if they cause any more trouble during Euro 2012 they will be deported back to the UK.

:)) Love your Polish joke! What about that storm! Awesome sight! Think a part of it has just leapt over here to the UK! Torrential rain, thunder, lightening and hail! What a wonderful British summer! 8->
    The French look to have their match won. Now then, all I can say now is this....

COME ON ENGLAND!!!
    Here we go again England! Germany and Spain have made a statement with there second, time for us to do the same! Come on England!!!!!
  • Engurland engurland engurland we're going to score one more than you....
    So far so good for England, great header by Carroll. Second half to follow. Need more attacking play in the 2nd half otherwise Sweden are most likely to score and we'll end up with another draw.
  • Draw is not an option. Our capin to score two in the second half....get in!!! Engurland engurland engurland we're going to score one more than you....
    No more draws. Time for a win.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Oops, the Swedish seem to do a lot better than the Brits are currently. Now the Brits have to worry about losing.

Excellent 2-2, it is a real match now by two not so great teams that really are going for it.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 7,653
    That 3-2 for England was a beauty.

Congratulations with the hard work and the result
  • Go on Stevie......oh what a save. Get in England full time
    Get lost Slatan with ya attitude to Hart! Your out!!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Get lost Slatan with ya attitude to Hart! Your out!!!!!

I freely admit that I dislike Zlatan and tonight he was the one that kept Sweden in the race. But at the end he and his Swedish friends lost.

:D
    Same old England, do it the hard way. Still a great win.

"we're gonna score one more than you.... England!"
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,347
    rage.png

Two goals against England and still no point. Frickin' unfair outcome, I'm lost for words (except: Olof Mellberg you're a true Viking, giving everything and scoring two goals in your last blue-yellow game).

I better stay away from the forums the rest of the night, otherwise I'll end up locking threads here and there for no reason ;)

Go Germany.
  • Go Germany????????? You must be joking. Go England you mean. Imagine if Bond was german, he wouldn't have left the office ever, he would have been too busy making sure his staples in his stapler were all at the exact same angle at the point of delivery.

Come on Engurrland we did score one more than you
    I think that Disco Volante will be cheering for the Germans now that the Swedes go home.

I do know who I would bet money on in a match Germany vs England. O:-)
  • Engurrland engurrland of course. Do we need Rooney back?
    I'm hoping we don't get a repeat of the last time we played the Germans...
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I'm hoping we don't get a repeat of the last time we played the Germans...

I'm not sure we'll get far enough in the tournament to face the Germans this time. ;)

Great spirit shown by England though (a nice change to two years ago) and some real attacking threat; we're certainly not lacking there. But if we want to do anything if we get to the knockout stage we have to defend better. And hold on to the ball for longer. Frankly, we just don't have the players capable of doing the latter - and that's why, if we get through the group, it's pretty unlikely we'll get any further. However, with Rooney coming back you never, never know.

Overall, though, on the international stage England have been in stasis since the turn of the millennium - we've played exactly the same way for 12-ish years and have exactly the same frailties. At least under Venables and Hoddle we had the wit and patience to hold on to the ball and play a more European/ international style. One may argue we had better actual footballers back then in order to do that, but, you know... :p
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    We played worse tonight than in the first game. I have no idea how we won but win we did. It's always a roller coaster watching England play and this was no exception, in fact it was the very meaning of the term. Ahead, then behind and finally ahead again. My God, unbelievable.
    Engurrland engurrland of course. Do we need Rooney back?

Rooney is a star,this coming from a liverpool fan.
    Forget Django unchained, it's gonna be Rooney unchained at the euros.

• 001 wrote:
    Engurrland engurrland of course. Do we need Rooney back?

Rooney is a star,this coming from a liverpool fan.
    Forget Django unchained, it's gonna be Rooney unchained at the euros.

'It's utter madness to expect different results by doing the same thing'

No to Rooney and his silly hair transplant.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,708
    sorry to announce that france's most famous sport commentator, Thierry Roland, has passed away last night. He has commented football for 57 years, 1300 matches, 13 world cup... :(

he was supposed to comment yesterday's france-ukraine match, but sadly he was taken to the hospital.
    sorry to announce that france's most famous sport commentator, Thierry Roland, has passed away last night. He has commented football for 57 years, 1300 matches, 13 world cup... :(

he was supposed to comment yesterday's france-ukraine match, but sadly he was taken to the hospital.

May he rest in peace and enjoy this championship in the best possible way. O:-)

It's great to see Greece through to the quarter finals.
    They've done very well in this even competition.
    Didn't know results from last night until just as was in bed ill! Shocked that Russia ended up going out! Especially after winning 4-1 first game! Looking forward to tonights match next!
    Good luck Denmark, Germany, Portugal & Netherlands. May the best team make it to the quarterfinals. O:-)
  • STUFF THE GERMANS AND THE DUTCH.
    STUFF THE GERMANS AND THE DUTCH.

I take it your not a fan of either? ;) :))
  • What gave that away?