The ROGER MOORE Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

1394041424345»

Comments

Not a Moore Bond fan, but very much liked the actor. I respect that he didn't pull an SC and attempt a return to the role. Of all the Bond actors, he's always seemed to me he would have been the most approachable.
  • edited September 13 Posts: 2,148
    I noticed Gold was on Amazon Prime, so have watched that for the first time, as there are a lot of Bond alimni who worked on the film.

It’s a weird one. Rog was good as was the cast and the best parts by far were when they were down in the mines, and the finale was genuinely riveting. But everything else was quite bloated and boring. I felt it really could’ve been trimmed down in the script.

Also tonally its a bit all over the place.

(Also, the transfer of the film on AP was really poor).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I was toying with watching that again when I saw it on the list, but I do remember it being very boring as well.
    I did watch the trailer though and now the theme tune is stuck in my mind even days later! :D
    Does anyone know what year this interview was filmed?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 14 Posts: 16,133
    My guess would be 1975, just purely based on Roger's face! He looks sort of between his GG and TSWLM versions of himself :D Maybe slightly more GGish, but filled out a little
    mtm wrote: »
    My guess would be 1975, just purely based on Roger's face! He looks sort of between his GG and TSWLM versions of himself :D Maybe slightly more GGish, but filled out a little

That is roughly my guess as well. The background makes me think if this could have been on filmed set of TSWLM, but I'm not sure. I'm just wondering about the year to see if I can find the full interview.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Here you go, I found the source of the BBC clip and it says the year:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1363803373703872

:D
    mtm wrote: »
    Here you go, I found the source of the BBC clip and it says the year:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1363803373703872

:D

Ooh, thanks! You were even right about the year!
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    I do wish for the next James Bond, we could have somebody as charming as Roger Moore.
    When i read the article on MI6 about Sir Roger Moore's resting place had been desecrated! It made me feel sick to my stomach and so angry.

I sincerely hope they can somehow capture the scumbags who did it. Their is no reason for this sort of behaviour. I hope the family are able to re-establish how the grave was and to protect it somehow? Not that you should have to do this.