Twilight Star Seeking Future Bond Movie: Seriously?

edited July 2012 in News Posts: 645
From Movieline:

"Twilight mega-star Robert Pattinson has set his sights on the James Bond franchise. Pattinson said he'd love to be in any of the future Bond films, but he'd especially like to take over the lead role of James Bond 007! Maybe he could even get Kristen Stewart to be the next Bond-Girl?"

For the full story read Movieline.com
http://movieline.com/2012/07/10/robert-pattinson-james-bond-daniel-craig/
So what do you think about this?

Comments

"In like 20 years or something" - Robert
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Over my dead body. >:/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    computerSaysNo.jpg

Computer says no.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Oh God.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Villain: Maybe
    Bond: no No NO.
    Excuse me while I go and commit suicide.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 24,053
    Murdock wrote:

Not . even . that.

The man is no Johnny or Leonardo. You know, teenage girl heart-breaker when young, great performer when older. Why? Because he can't act beyond the very basics of the art, whereas Johnny and Leo can, that's why.

Taking a bullet for the rest of us? Sir, you are a great bloke.

Oh, and do come back alive. ;-)

DarthDimi wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Not . even . that.

The man is no Johnny or Leonardo. You know, teenage girl heart-breaker when young, great performer when older. Why? Because he can't act beyond the very basics of the art, whereas Johnny and Leo can, that's why.

Yes, this is my second life.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Not . even . that.

Yes, this is my second life.
    Well be careful mate. You Only Live Twice, you know. ;)
    Until today I couldn't think of anything that would make me stop being a James Bond fan. But this would be it.

In all seriousness, I don't think we anything to worry about. He's already too big of a name to be picked as the next Bond. I just don't think the franchise will ever pick a huge star to be Bond. They want someone who's good and for the most part, unknown.
    You only live twice, sir.

Okay, waaaaaay too easy!

Back on 'topic' now (although this will result in the most toxic form of spam and be concluded by us mods closing it down). But for now, boys and girls, it's christmas. Have your say before we pull the plug. I'm in a good mood.
    IDONTWANNA.jpg
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Back on 'topic' now (although this will result in the most toxic form of spam and be concluded by us mods closing it down). But for now, boys and girls, it's christmas. Have your say before we pull the plug. I'm in a good mood.

I'm kinda new here, so please explain to me why this discussion would be shut down. One of the biggest stars in the movie biz expresses his desire to be the next Bond - if that isn't a legit topic to discuss on a board dedicated to Bond, then I don't know what is.

Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to understand how things are done around these parts.
    Grinderman wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

I'm kinda new here, so please explain to me why this discussion would be shut down. One of the biggest stars in the movie biz expresses his desire to be the next Bond - if that isn't a legit topic to discuss on a board dedicated to Bond, then I don't know what is.

Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to understand how things are done around these parts.

It's the responses that come with a topic like this, like the one I've posted before, that get discussion like this shut down. But its a fun topic so he's leaving it open for a bit. I'm sure there's a thread out there for this anyways.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,703
    Very slow news day. Maybe tomorrow Justin B. will be touted as the singer for Skyfall's theme song. Maybe Taylor 'Jacob' Lautner will do the naked dancing in the credit sequence to satisty the young female viewers.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is really old news, I remember reading this on the 007 Wiki forums.
    This would generate a whole bunch of new fans, and because a portion of old fans have died due to suicide or overreacting.

I guess we'll get a whole new by popular opinion on all previous 007 actors. =))

Seriously, it is nice to see that the new generation of actors still recognise the part of 007 as a good one. Robert shows taste even if he lacks a sense of realism. My daugther would love it though.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Grinderman wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

It's the responses that come with a topic like this, like the one I've posted before, that get discussion like this shut down. But its a fun topic so he's leaving it open for a bit. I'm sure there's a thread out there for this anyways.

This.

No-one takes this seriously and the general response to that is spamming the thread up the wazoo. There won't be a debate or interesting discussion, only mockery and funny pics. After 7+ years on the forum, I can predict where it'll end up going. Nothing personal, @Grinderman. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,703
    Dear god @DarthDimi what have you done ? After your numourous mentions of Justin B., now Robert Pattinson wants to play Bond !! I think earth is about to deflate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Please, please, please...no. Just no.
    Dear god @DarthDimi what have you done ? After your numourous mentions of Justin B., now Robert Pattinson wants to play Bond !! I think earth is about to deflate.

Even at gunpoint I couldn't decide between these two evils.

However, Bieber does have the right initials. OMG, it's an omen!
    ~X(
    Jason Statham ! I'll accept Statham as Bond as long as it's not Pattinson.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've used my time machine to travel into the future... I bring bad news. Pattinson is cast as the 8th Bond, his debut film is Sparkle Twice For Tomorrow.
    @DarthDimi Bieber's title song would only last 2.5 minutes... Pattinson as Bond, you'd have to put up with him for the whole film... and not just one film ;)

In a Bond film directed by Neveldine & Taylor? Crank me up, I'd say. ;-)
    I've used my time machine to travel into the future... I bring bad news. Pattinson is cast as the 8th Bond, his debut film is Sparkle Twice For Tomorrow.

=))

The man with the golden shimmer.
    DarthDimi wrote:

In a Bond film directed by Neveldine & Taylor? Crank me up, I'd say. ;-)
    Or Luc Besson.
    Or Luc Besson.

You will get an OTT actioner. But I do like the transporter series as well as Lockout(2012) and some of the earlier French stuff of Besson is sheer brilliant.

Luc Besson is one of the kings of directing/writing tales of sole men in extraordinary consequences.
  • Baby, baby, baby...please, no. Same for pasty faced teen vampires. Where's the likes of Sir Christopher, Bela, Frank Langella, and and Jonathan Frid when you need them?
This discussion has been closed.