DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wilson is a great actor who for some reason lands in projects that often fail to do well critically or financially. He's usually the best thing in whatever film or TV show he's in, so it's not his fault in the slightest.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Haven't the James Wan horror films that he has been in done well? I haven't seen any of them because I'm a puss and not much of a horror fan.
  • I think the first Conjuring did well a film I rate, one of best horrors I have seen in recent years. Not sure about Conjuring 2, not seen that film yet.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2016 Posts: 11,139
    David Ayer and Margot Robbie are reteaming for a Gotham City Sirens movie!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/794899-gotham-city-sirens-movie#/slide/1

Urgh, like seriously? I'm not against this movie but DC and Warner Brothers are just too overreactionary. It's embarassing.

After The Avengers, Marvel could've made another Hulk solo movie and a Black Widow spin-off, but they didn't. They more or less stuck to their original plan (they move dates around every once in a while, and the whole Spider-Man thing made it necessary to change their plan a little).

DC and Warner Brothers on the other hand have a critical failure in Suicide Squad but because it was a financial success what do they now go and do? They immediately decide they want a Harley Quinn solo film; and also a Deadshot spin-off movie with a Suicide Squad sequel; NONE of which were previously in development!

DC need to MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT! Things are shakey as it is. Cyborg has been canceled, the Flash has lost its director, Justice League 2 has been pushed back and so has the batman.

DC's indecisiveness, instability, lack of focus and the behind the scenes drama on essentially all their films is really making it hard for me to give a damn.
  • I rate Ayer though SS was a mess he failed on that film, this is definitely an attempt at cashing in on the most popular character. It's becoming more difficult to defend DC, there appears to be no long term plan.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I surprisingly liked 'Suicide Squad' more than BvS. Had zero expectations for both, but at least I found a little enjoyment in the former.
    Ayer’s usually a good director but he dropped the ball with suicide squad and to be honest, I really don't trust him to handle this movie.
    Apparently DC isn't that great at learning lessons.

"You know how pretty much everyone hated 'Suicide Squad'? Let's do an all-female spin-off, that's what they'll want!"

Won't be seeing it for any price over $0.00, like I did with 'Suicide Squad.'
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,257
    I swear to f*%@ing God, if Ayer decides to force that horse sh*t punk-rock style on Catwoman and Poison Ivy, I will lose my goddamn mind!
    People praised the soundtrack so heavily before I saw it, but it was filled with garbage rap or uninspired songs I've heard in hundreds of other movies.
  • I have only seen SS extended cut and that supposed to be the better version, I liked Ayers enthusiasm at comic con though this genre is not his ball park.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Suicide Squad was trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy, and fell right on its face. The use of music in the latter was artful and added context and character to the story, and actually became important to the action itself, with tunes like "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" being the hero theme for the team.

In SS it was more a case of trying to find really obvious song picks that often either felt too on the nose or irrelevant entirely.

Add to that a bad script, some of the worst editing I've seen in a high production film and a weak attempt at world and character building, and well...ouch.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432

Andy Signor is bang on
    Honestly, I wasn't terribly crazy about the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack, either. The music itself was infinitely better than the tracks on 'Suicide Squad,' but for me, it was simply another soundtrack people overpraised. Wasn't it just a bunch of 1970's tunes we've already heard to death? I prefer experiencing new music in film by hearing relatively obscure songs (like Tarantino does), as opposed to hearing the same old stuff.

Andy Signor is bang on

Sometimes I wonder if I'm being too hard on DC/WB but then I remember the actual movies they've given us and how terrible they are; and when seeing videos like this, that essentially advocate everything I'm saying it's good to know that I'm not overreacting and that such anger and concerns are legit.
    @doubleoego, as disappointed we are, I can only imagine what it would be like to be a fly on the wall at Warner Bros. during quarterly meetings. A hack of their e-mails circa BvS's release and afterward would make Sony's leaks look like a mere blemish in comparison. I'd particularly love to see their gradual distaste for Snyder form over time, until the guy essentially got so demoted creatively on Justice League he's had to be babysat by Ben Affleck and Warner high brass to avoid him screwing up any more.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

Andy Signor is bang on

Sometimes I wonder if I'm being too hard on DC/WB but then I remember the actual movies they've given us and how terrible they are; and when seeing videos like this, that essentially advocate everything I'm saying it's good to know that I'm not overreacting and that such anger and concerns are legit.
    I am a die hard DC fan and its got to the point where I am frustrated, there are some really bad decisions being made by Warner. Watching SS I kept thinking if they intentionally set out to make every scene as bad as possible, they hit the nail on the head with SS.
    I am happy with this
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DC is a dead horse at this point.
    Murdock wrote: »

I don't think it's done being beaten yet...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

I don't think it's done being beaten yet...

giphy.gif
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Perfect gif choice, @Murdock.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Urgh, like seriously?

DC's indecisiveness, instability, lack of focus and the behind the scenes drama on essentially all their films is really making it hard for me to give a damn.

It sure looks like you give a damn. And there s more drama in your posts than over at DC.
    Of course I give a damn. I'm a fan but it's getting harder. It's only a matter of time before I don't. Drama in my posts? No its called passion and incidentally enough, WB/DC could do with both.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    http://uk.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/12/ben-affleck-batman-movie-shoots-spring-2017??utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

..."We're on the right track with that and everything is coming together," Affleck said at a Live by Night screening Tuesday night. "We're still finishing up a script. I'm very excited." Affleck also added in a few slices of praise for previous Batman directors: "I respect all of those [Batman] movies," he told Variety. "Christopher Nolan did an incredible job, Christian Bale did an incredible job, Tim Burton did an incredible job. At a certain point you have to look forward and try to believe in your own vision for it and not be looking over your shoulder the whole time." Sorry, Joel Schumacher... ;))
    Well let's see how long before the marvel cheerleaders complain about The Batman...

I though am quite excited for this as Affleck really has been the best part of the DCU
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well let's see how long before the marvel cheerleaders complain about The Batman...

Your paranoid delusions are alive and well I see.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »

I though am quite excited for this as Affleck really has been the best part of the DCU

Hmmm... Marvel's cheerleaders are quite a bit more attractive than DC's Kool-Aid drinkers...

In all honesty, despite the possible number of villains in the film, I'm looking forward to The Batman. Batfleck was my favorite part of Batman V Superman, save for his unnecessary killing and stupid motivations for wanting to kill Superman. Affleck played him expertly and the subpar plot wasn't his fault in the slightest.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    doubleoego wrote: »

I hope not. While she looks great, her acting skills leave a bit to be desired.