DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

agreed Personally I would of preferred Emma Stone
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Greg Silverman is booted out at WB. He oversaw WB movie production and by extension the DCEU since 2013.

Toby Emmerich (President of New Line) will be his replacement.

THR:
    Warner Bros. Shakeup: Toby Emmerich to Replace Greg Silverman as Top Creative Exec (Exclusive)

• Just caught up on CW over last few hours, about to watch the four episode crossover in a binge watch phone switched off.
  • Watched the Crossover It was awesome, having watched every Arrowverse episode and lapping up the DC easter eggs this was a fanboys TV dream, fing loved this must watch for hardcore DC fans.

• Nice...
    jl33.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    doubleoego wrote: »
    jl33.jpg

Great snap as always by Enos. The guy has a great eye.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why does this do nothing for me? This shouldn't do nothing for me.
    Shrugs I love it
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    jl33.jpg

I read that in this picture they have
    found a Parademon hive\nest, they found their way there via a four legged Bat contraption.

The Flash costume is very irritating and I don't know why. Batsy and WW look great though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The Flash costume is very irritating and I don't know why. Batsy and WW look great though.

Maybe it's the fact that it looks wrapped in wire and has the same meaningless design features as the New 52 suits? I agree, it looks like an eyesore.

On the whole I'm not crazy about any of the designs. I hope that this time around they give Superman a suit that actually looks blue instead of black to finally announce him as the hero we deserve. Give us those strong blue and red hues from the Donner movies, dammit.

Maybe it's the fact that it looks wrapped in wire and has the same meaningless design features as the New 52 suits? I agree, it looks like an eyesore.

On the whole I'm not crazy about any of the designs. I hope that this time around they give Superman a suit that actually looks blue instead of black to finally announce him as the hero we deserve. Give us those strong blue and red hues from the Donner movies, dammit.

Yeah, it's a bit shit really.

I actually never liked Reeves' suit! It veered a bit too far into camp and I could never take it seriously as a result.

If we could find a balance between what we have now and what we had then, I think we'll hit the sweet spot.
    I have nothing against Henry Cavill as Superman. As far as I'm concerned, he is doing a great job. I have nothing against Ben Affleck as an older Batman. Again . . . great job. I have nothing against Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. So far, she is stupendous.

On the other hand, I'm not going to waste my time in mooning over how Christopher Reeve, Lynda Carter and any previous Batman were the only ones right for their respective roles, because I do not share that sentiment.

I'm struggling to perceive how 1989's Batman explored that idea, but I know The Dark Knight had it as one of its main and uttermost salient ideas. Not to mention the scores of comics, series and games that've come out in the modern period of storytelling that've played with the idea too.

Then I suggest that you watch the movie again. Both Batman and the Joker accused each other of their respective creations.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Batman and the Joker have a cause and effect conversation in Tim Burtons Batman which is entertaining.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, I really dislike that scene. Joker and Batman do have something of an existential relationship; however, it's played out much better in The Killing Joke than in this scene. The idea they "created" each other narrows the Batman universe in a way I hate.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, I really dislike that scene. Joker and Batman do have something of an existential relationship; however, it's played out much better in The Killing Joke than in this scene. The idea they "created" each other narrows the Batman universe in a way I hate.

I agree often that happens in films, TV and other media when there are a lack of ideas. I take Burtons Batman for what it is and enjoy the film, when universes are shrunk and Star Wars are guilty of this it feels contrived.

000245340-1.jpg
    Wow, final episode of Flash Season 2.
    Flash resets the whole timeline. Mommy doesn't get killed, therefore Daddy doesn't go to prison, and Barry presumably grows up with mom and dad.
    But then doesn't he risk a future where he doesn't become Flash?
    Anyone who has watched S3, how does the timeline get resolved for start of S3?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    He is forced to back, again, and has to allow his mother to be killed. Which fixes some problems, but others arise.
    He is forced to back, again, and has to allow his mother to be killed. Which fixes some problems, but others arise.

Ahhh. Thank you. I didn't think he'd manage to maintain that idyllic scenario.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    However, his actions in causing the new timeline (dubbed Flashpoint) have repercussions thoughout the season, and almost bleed into Arrow.
    Full Justice League movie cast revealed

Warner Bros. Pictures has revealed the full Justice League movie cast! The line-up includes Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, and J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/797575-full-justice-league-movie-cast-revealed#LIjqPuY8JpFGrCSD.99
    However, his actions in causing the new timeline (dubbed Flashpoint) have repercussions thoughout the season, and almost bleed into Arrow.

Interesting! It was a very reckless act on Barry's part.
    Just got to watch Legends S1 and Supergirl S1 and I can start diving into the new seasons going on now.
    These shows are some of the best TV I've come across in a longtime :)
    Charles Roven on the Future of DC Films

There was talk you'd step away from DC Films to some degree.

The studio made me the producer of all the DC movies, and they announced eight. When we finished the [timetable], we looked at each other and said, "This is incredibly ambitious, but we haven't taken into consideration if something goes wrong." We also hadn't decided where we were going to shoot those movies. As difficult as it was for me to commute from Toronto to London to Italy, it became really clear I couldn't do the job that I do as a producer [withAquaman likely to shoot in Australia]. I'm for sure producing the sequels of the movies that I have made.

How are Justice League andWonder Woman going to be different?

Wonder Woman is an origination story, so the whole dynamic and the plot moves are different than other DC movies. There's also a great relationship between her and the guy [played by Chris Pine] who crash-lands on her island and is the trigger mechanism for her going back to man's world.

What about Justice League?

We knew we were making a very serious, compelling, driving film with Batman v. Superman. Now the bell has been rung and the whole tone of the movie is lighter.

If there is a sequel to Batman v. Superman or Suicide Squad, will the budgets be lower? They made less than the studio had hoped.

Suicide Squad made almost $750 million. Batman v. Superman did $873 million. Those two movies were huge hits.

doubleoego wrote: »
    Charles Roven on the Future of DC Films

What about Justice League?

We knew we were making a very serious, compelling, driving film with Batman v. Superman. Now the bell has been rung and the whole tone of the movie is lighter.

Christ, do they still think that's why so many hated it? I admire how honest they are of their failures, but at the very least they need to realize why their projects fell short so that they don't make the same mistakes again. If JL comes out and the characters still feel like hatchet jobs of their comics counterparts, it'll be clear they've never had a clue as to what they are doing wrong.
  • Watched the Mid Season Finale's for Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow some crazy stuff went down, all three shows are on top form IMO DC TVerse is at least good.

I have a feeling doubleego and obrady will find this funny....

I still feel bad for Snyder in a weird sort of way I honestly don't think he was to blame and honestly I think that he is an easy scapegoat

Snyder originally wanted to do

Man of steel
    Man of steel 2 (with brainiac as the villain)
    Then Batman vs Superman but well DC has been so focused on how to beat marvel (which honestly if DC focused on making good films and ignored Marvel they would beat them they have good characters that can work in exciting new ways) like I said Zack isn't Scorsese or Spielberg but he isn't Uwe Boll either and he does try to answer constructive criticism (one can get quite drunk if every time they take a shot when someone before a big action sequence they point out how uninhabited an area is in Batman v superman)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DC should stop focusing on beating Marvel and instead focusing on making good movies. They start with a good story.

Man of Steel told a good story with poor execution (mostly the flashbacks). It wasn't a great movie, but little brought it down.

Batman V Superman had a great premise, bringing Superman and Batman to the screen together for the first time. It was bogged down by their attempts to throw everything into the pot too quickly and Zack Snyder's ridiculous desire to make Batman a murderer. Ben Affleck did his damnedest, and I applaud him for that.

The horrible editing of the theatrical edition didn’t help, and from what I'm told, Suicide Squad suffers from the same problem. WB/DC needs to learn that they can't put out a subpar theatrical edition and assume a special edition Blu-ray will satisfy people.

Stop trying to beat Marvel, DC. The more you try, the harder you've failed, and more seats at Marvel movies are filled by people who want good movies.
    @Risico007, I don't find any of this funny, at all. You should know that by now.

I enjoy the Marvel films, but I was always looking for the day when, after numerous failed attempts, a Justice League film would hit theaters to really engage me. Unfortunately, while Marvel knew what they were doing, casted smart and told the right stories, DC and Warner have progressively soured their universe over the release of their films, and now we're getting a Justice League film I and many others don't really wish to see, because we don't believe in the mission statement we've been given from BvS on.

It's a real shame that all we have to show for a DC cinematic universe is this, a good Superman film that showed promise, followed by one of the most atrocious superhero films ever in BvS and with SS we have one of the worst produced films I've ever seen, period, that didn't even have a chance to be good. All the promise has been soiled, and we've got Snyder running the show (who does deserve a lot of the blame, as he's the mind behind it) who doesn't know these characters, at all. I don't know how we can even argue that last point, especially since this guy advised writers on making Pa Kent a cold, heartless bastard, Superman a self-loathing imbecile and Batman a foolish, inhumane, murdering psychopath. How Wonder Woman got out of that mess unscathed is beyond me, but I'm sure Snyder tried his hardest to soil her character too (thankfully she wasn't around long enough in BvS to be ruined).

Part of me really wants Justice League to fail monumentally enough for DC and Warner to cancel any plans of doing a DCCU with this team, because I frankly don't care at this point, and don't believe they deserve more shots. If that film impresses me at all, it'll only be because I went into it automatically assuming it was going to piss on my childhood and further destroy my favorite heroes. And there's the big difference between Marvel and DC films: you go into a Marvel film asking yourself, "How good is this one going to be?" while a DC film makes you question, "How bad is this one going to be?" That's really, really, really not good.

The thing that would make me stick with these films is Batman, the only reason I'd stick with any other Justice League series or book. But because we have such a monumentally bad Batman, my interest in what happens from here on out is almost non-existent. Hopefully we'll at least get a good Wonder Woman film out of this mess before the whole ship sinks. That's the beginning and end of my optimism.