DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is that the batmobile behind them?
  • I really think the Flash's suit would look much better if the undersuit was a deep red rather than that dull black or gray.

Batfleck looks great as usual though. That suit is very reminiscent of the Arkham Knight Batsuit.
    I agree on The Flash. It looks like Barry superglued his pieces to some Under Armour shirt & pants, which is available in red! ;)
    I'm sure by the end he'll have something fancy!

I like Batman's new costume, but I found the BvS one to be so perfect and I have to admit I was a little bummed to see they were giving him a new one.
    But I suppose now that he's playing with the superpowered kids he could benefit with some heavier armour!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    There is only one chance JL will be any good. If all other characters play minor roles and Warner/DC transforms JL into a Batfleck heavy film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wish Manhunter was in on this. I'd take him any day over Cyborg, who I don't think fits here. I'd much rather see Cyborg in a Teen Titans film with Dick Grayson and the team facing Deathstroke.

I just find it very hard to get interested in a JL film when Superman is nowhere to be found and we're not looking to get a John Stewart Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter any time soon, or ever.
    I think they know well why they are putting Supes into the background for the marketing campaign.

Cavillsupes has failed on every level. It would be downright stupid to market JL as a Supes vehicle. No one is interested anymore.

Time to re-invent like Marvel did with Spidey.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well possibly that, and Superman is in a coma right now, waiting for the sun to rejuvenate his cells. Or Doomsday and his crew will resurrect him and use him for evil. I don't want the latter outcome, however, as I'm sick of seeing an unheroic Superman. Let's finally see the light, the hope, the man of tomorrow.

Hey, here's an interesting silver lining I found:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/aquaman-stunts-mad-max-fury-road/

It's good to see WB are hiring some of the most acclaimed stunt performers in the industry right now for their upcoming projects.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I think they know well why they are putting Supes into the background for the marketing campaign.

Cavillsupes has failed on every level. It would be downright stupid to market JL as a Supes vehicle. No one is interested anymore.

Time to re-invent like Marvel did with Spidey.

You can't fail if you haven't yet been given a proper opportunity to shine as the character.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,257
    I really think the Flash's suit would look much better if the undersuit was a deep red rather than that dull black or gray.

Batfleck looks great as usual though. That suit is very reminiscent of the Arkham Knight Batsuit.
    I agree on The Flash. It looks like Barry superglued his pieces to some Under Armour shirt & pants, which is available in red! ;)

I can't remember, was it confirmed from the set visits that he'll get a suit upgrade? I do remember hearing that he pieced together his current suit by himself so it makes sense that by the end of the film hes wearing something different (and better).

It seems like it could be a difficult suit to make look cool and comic accurate while being comfortable and practical for the actor to wear, but I say just give him a Watchmen style rubber'ish suit like these:

watchmen+Matthew+Goode+costume+Ozymandius.jpgWatchmen+Nite+Owl+II+costume.jpg

and simply make it look like this:
    582b1f0a87571d85924cecf72fb43c78.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Batman's certainly doing his best Owlman impression. Seriously the DCCU are just Watchmen movies with a justice league skin. The Comedian is Batman's dad for crying out loud. :))
    BATMAN-TACTICAL-SUIT-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-2-1200x758.jpg?width=960
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2017 Posts: 45,489
    The name is Nite Owl, Dark Nite Owl.
  • OMG!! Get a load of this photoshop!!

15871507_10202379574888325_2141160311771286284_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1e4f282ed9cfc13778f784309efbb892&oe=59134919
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe not the Batman we deserve, but certainly the one we need right now.
    Oh great, until that fotoshop I was going to see JL, but this makes The Batfleck look like a schoolboy. Who´s chin is that, Mel Gibson´s?
    If Justice League sinks it'll be one of the greatest cinematic train wrecks to watch in history. The only thing that stops me from wanting it to crash and burn is Henry Cavill, who I want to see become the great Superman he deserves to become. If it wasn't for him and Wonder Woman in part, I'd say to hell with all of it. Don't care about Batman, Flash, Cyborg, none of it beyond Superman and Diana.

By the way, how many Razzies do we predict Batman V Superman will get?
    The only consolation for me with this JL matter is, once I will lie destroyed on the cinema floor with a broken comic book heart, you guys will be here for me (and the others) and pick up the pieces and be helpful.
    I just don't know how I cannot go and watch it. Even knowing it will probably kill my dreams.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Don't let if break you Jason, there are better Justice League movies out there The animated ones.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Here's a Razzie shortlist of all the categories Batman V Superman & Suicide Squad are nominated for:

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIPOFF OR SEQUEL:
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

WORST SCREENPLAY:
    Suicide Squad

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Jesse Eisenberg– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Jeremy Irons– Assassin’s Creed / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Jared Leto– Suicide Squad

WORST DIRECTOR:
    Zack Snyder– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

WORST ACTRESS:
    Margot Robbie– Suicide Squad

WORST ACTOR:
    Ben Affleck– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Henry Cavill– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Will Smith– Collateral Beauty / Suicide Squad

WORST PICTURE:
    Suicide Squad

I'm kind of shocked, as some of the categories seem desperate. Of all the bad shit in both BvS and SS, they nominate Ben, Henry, Will, Margot and Jeremy for worst actor/actress categories when they were some of the least horrendous and/or only redeeming things about the movies? I don't think I'd even support Snyder winning for worst director because there were far greater travesties this year than his effort, where he at least tried (Ghostbusters should win every category first before BvS gets anything). I'd put Ayer in Snyder's place, but I blame WB for how he got screwed over in the SS edits, so I wouldn't want him to win it either.

Eisenberg and Leto may deserve to win for their sins.

The full list:
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/razzie-shortlists-revealed-for-2016-the-37th-golden-a147971
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Jeremy Irons for worst supporting actor? He was the best thing about BvS.
  • Yeah I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but that whole list looks ridiculous and extremely biased!
    Where's the nomination for Croc's actor in SS, whose whole performance amounted to him spouting off racist stereotypes (he wants a TV with the BET channel on it). I'm not making this up; promise.
    I'm sorry to say looking at it in the context of what BvS should have been, it deserves every Raspberry or whichever fruit they are handing out to it.

Suicide Squad didn't hurt me. Sure it was a DC movie but so is JONAH HEX (which I like by the way). But SS is crap. The only thing I like about it is the beautiful steelbook they made of it, which I did buy, just so you know. I'm a collector.

They can have Bruce Wayne reading lullabies to Robin for 2 hours on film, I'll buy it. It would probably be a better watch than that damned BvS.
    Where's the nomination for Croc's actor in SS, whose whole performance amounted to him spouting off racist stereotypes (he wants a TV with the BET channel on it). I'm not making this up; promise.

Or Cara Delevingne, for that matter.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Here's a Razzie shortlist of all the categories Batman V Superman & Suicide Squad are nominated for:

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIPOFF OR SEQUEL:

WORST SCREENPLAY:
    Suicide Squad

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Jesse Eisenberg– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Jeremy Irons– Assassin’s Creed / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Jared Leto– Suicide Squad

WORST DIRECTOR:
    Zack Snyder– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

WORST ACTRESS:
    Margot Robbie– Suicide Squad

WORST ACTOR:
    Ben Affleck– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Henry Cavill– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Will Smith– Collateral Beauty / Suicide Squad

WORST PICTURE:
    Suicide Squad

I'm kind of shocked, as some of the categories seem desperate. Of all the bad shit in both BvS and SS, they nominate Ben, Henry, Will, Margot and Jeremy for worst actor/actress categories when they were some of the least horrendous and/or only redeeming things about the movies? I don't think I'd even support Snyder winning for worst director because there were far greater travesties this year than his effort, where he at least tried (Ghostbusters should win every category first before BvS gets anything). I'd put Ayer in Snyder's place, but I blame WB for how he got screwed over in the SS edits, so I wouldn't want him to win it either.

Eisenberg and Leto may deserve to win for their sins.

The full list:
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/razzie-shortlists-revealed-for-2016-the-37th-golden-a147971

Outrageous list. I actually feel very sorry for nearly all of the actors on that list. Extremely harsh and borderline ridiculous nominations, bar Eisenberg.

The only Razzie that is logical for DC is "Most Confused and Ill-judged Studio".
    Yes, it seems like the Razzies had a hard time coming up with categories this year. There's some abysmal films that came out this year that don't even feature in some of the above categories that BvS is so heavily nominated in. A joke, really, especially since 80-90% of the nominated actors/actresses were the best of their respective films.
    Who in their right mind would take the Razzies seriously? Am I expected to accept that "Batman v. Superman" and "Suicide Squad" are horrible because of these stupid nominations? I'm not that shallow or weak-minded. I follow my own preferences, thank you.

Screw the Razzies! I still love both of those movies. And quite frankly, the DCEU had released more satisfying movies for me than the MCU or other Marvel properties.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I nominate the Razzies as the biggest drama queens.
    I really think the Flash's suit would look much better if the undersuit was a deep red rather than that dull black or gray.

I like Batman's new costume, but I found the BvS one to be so perfect and I have to admit I was a little bummed to see they were giving him a new one.
    But I suppose now that he's playing with the superpowered kids he could benefit with some heavier armour!

Just to quickly bring up the Flash's suit again...

This young woman below seems to have worked on Costume FX for JL. Some are interpreting her responses as "confirmation" that we'll see a second suit.

I still haven't seen sucide squad but I again plan on watching Batman v superman this weekend actively trying to hate it hopefully it will succeed so can stop trying to defend a film I love (it won't work I have tried to hate Quantum of Solace for over 8 years and I still love it)

As for the future of DC films get delayed for all kinds of reasons and we haven't heard anything official all we are hearing is friend of a friend stuff whose main source is Jett from BOF who at times was dead on and other times way off base (remember the Ashton Kutcher is Batman news item from 04 cause I sure do) like I said Affleck is a perfectionist and he wants to do his Batman film and make it perfect personally I think he can not only do it but do it well and if he needs more time fine...

As for the dcu as a whole they are a mix of finding their feet and competing with Marvel. While many of us ignore marvels issues when they were finding their feet they only really had to compete with the Nolanverse and there was a four year gap in films that allowed marvel to find their feet virtually unopposed. D C doesn't have that luxury so instead of people giving the benefit of the doubt they are much harsher which is unfair (sorry in interviews the Russo brothers said Civil war was not their original plan but after seeing Batman v superman they fit their original story around the civil war concept and yet no one complains about that)

Personally I think DC is doing the right thing by diversifying themselves by showing just how complex the characters can be and with Gotham City Sirens on the horizons (which would likely include a reformed riddler) DC may be able to find sure footing and do a good job.... (now can we please have a nightwing film and a good catwoman movie that focuses on the when in Rome story line and maybe a batgirl film)
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would take the Razzies seriously? Am I expected to accept that "Batman v. Superman" and "Suicide Squad" are horrible because of these stupid nominations? I'm not that shallow or weak-minded. I follow my own preferences, thank you.

Screw the Razzies! I still love both of those movies. And quite frankly, the DCEU had released more satisfying movies for me than the MCU or other Marvel properties.

@DRush76, once again you take trivial and harmless comments as a personal affront to everything you think you stand for as a human being. You do this all the time, and it's often like speaking to a kid who falls easily into tantrums. Whenever anyone says an opinion that you disagree with you act like they insulted your honor or slapped your mother, judging by the angry fire that you react in. Why the misplaced outrage?

Calm down, please. We're kicking the piss out of the Razzies because they kick the piss out of people, nothing more. We're not saying they're the gold standard of what are good or bad films, because believe it or not, we aren't shallow or weak-minded either. If there's anything you do more than overreact it's misjudge the intentions of posters, both of which you continue to do here every time you post.

Maybe take things a little less seriously next time.