Are the Stones worth £100 for top tier tickets?

edited October 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 224
I know this is nothing to do with Bond, so my apologies.

Tickets for the Stones gig at the O2 next month go on sale in about 6 hours, and I still can't decide whether to get the tickets or not. I wouldn't be able to spend more than the cheapest tickets (£106) but they're right in the top tier of the arena.

Can someone help me out? Do you think the Stones will be worth it? Even from so high up in the O2?

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Personal opinion, no. And I love them. Saw them in '98, Mick was in good voice and they were hot, really rocked the arena that night. But I wouldn't pay top dollar for them now, no.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Back in the 60s when it was the Beatles v the Stones they were genuinely inventive and as cool as you like. This continued until about the early to mid 70s, after which they stopped producing decent music and eventually became a business, touring every 5 years to top the pensions up.
    Seeing the Glimmer Twins has a certain appeal but these old guys who put their differences aside to make money on tour - no thanks.

The only reunion that would have made me part with money would have been Lennon and McCartney - and I can't see that happening any time soon!!
    That is abit steep! But i guess there will be plenty of people out there willing to pay it! Rather them than me though!
    Only you can answer if they are worth it.
    If you are a big fan then ask yourself how many more times will they be around to go and see.

I've paid £10 for Bond Premiere tickets and seen a great film and I've paid £200 for Premiere tickets and seen not so great, but I love Bond and the occasion so I pay what I have to, without knowing if the film is crap or not.
    NO the STones are not worth that amount of money. I did see them live a few times when tickets were affordable without having to remorgage your house in order to finance tickets for a concert.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,622
    Stones are worth every penny. They never do a bad show. I've seen them millions of times and usually I buy the cheap seats which aren't really that cheap, but the sound is always first-rate and they employ huge video screens, so every seat is a good seat in that sense. Everyone experiences the show in all its glory. A great thing about the Stones is that they are at heart, a raw rock n' roll band. Even playing to 70,000 people on huge stages, they don't lose the garage touch. They are continually improvising, jamming, playing with the music. They are master-level rock musicians. The way Richards and Wood weave their guitar playing is something to behold. It's as if they are telepathetically connected.
    Maybe if that was for front row seats but thats just mad pricing but no doubt there will be others buy them, enjoy the show if you do go