Splinter Cell - The Movie

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Until I see a thread created by a Mod called the, "BANNED WORDS THREAD", that states the word "rape" is not allowed here on the MI6 forums and in what context it can or cannot be used. I will continue to use it.
    Try Consulting this.

http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1/community-terms-conditions-of-use

But then again you don't care.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    He should especially take notice of the part about duplicate accounts.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Until I see a thread created by a Mod called the, "BANNED WORDS THREAD", that states the word "rape" is not allowed here on the MI6 forums and in what context it can or cannot be used. I will continue to use it.
    Here are the MI6 Terms and Conditions that you agreed to by being a member here. Looks like you skimmed over the General Conduct section:

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE POSTING ON OUR COMMUNITY. BY SIGNING UP TO OUR COMMUNITY, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE FOLLOWING.

General Conduct
    For everyone’s interest, we strive to create a growing, friendly community, based on the huge world of James Bond 007. We welcome all users from any walk of life to actively participate on our boards.

However, by doing so, you may not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. If, for any reason, you fail to adhere to this, your admittance to the board maybe subject to short or long term access exclusions.

Our community has a strong moderation team, which will actively curb any rule violations. Likewise, should you see any material that you deem to be offensive or objectionable; you should feel confident in sending any of our team a Private Message or open a support ticket with your concerns.

You should not get involved in any heated arguments between members on our board. If there is a clear violation of this policy, you should avoid adding to the argument, and instead contact our team.

Spam
    Posts that are deemed as ‘spam’ should also be avoided. These may include mass flooding of identical posts in a thread, or across several threads, posts that contain no active remarks that add to the topic discussion (such as one-word posts) or posts that, regardless of quality, are not related to the topic at hand.

Copyright
    You also should avoid posting any copyrighted material, whether textual or pictorial on our community. If you are unsure if any material is appropriate, feel free to contact the moderation team in advance of posting.

Private Message / Conversation system
    The Conversations system allows users to send messages to and from each other. These messages can actively be monitored; therefore, all of the above rules still apply. This system is not a chat system, and should not be used for any lengthy discussion. Nor should you use the Conversations system to send mass messages to users. They are subject to periodical deletion without notification or warning, in part to ensure other elements of the community run smoothly at all times. Therefore, it is highly recommended that these are used only for trivial communications.

Profile and Wall
    Like Discussions and Convocations, the profile Wall and its comments are subject to the same terms and conditions. These are publicly accessible, and will be held to the same high standards. You are responsible for your content on your own Wall as much as that which you post on others' profiles. Abusive content will not be tolerated.

Avatars / Icons / Uploading Images
    With the ability to freely upload images to the avatar section of your profile comes the responsibility to behave sensibly. Abusive, vulgar and offensive messages in pictorial or textual form will be swiftly removed by the moderators. You should refrain from uploading images to which you do not own the copyright. Images that are the property of MGM/Danjaq (namely stills and screenshots from the James Bond films) are strictly forbidden.

Links & Promotion
    If you wish to post any links to your website or community on MI6, please contact @MI6 for advertising permission in the first instance. Any unauthorised posts will be removed without prior notice.

Duplicate Accounts
    You should not create a duplicate account(s) after previously registering on our boards. Our moderation team will actively look out for any such accounts. If – for whatever reason – you need to create a subsequent account (two users operating the same machine or working on the same network), you should open a support ticket, to seek further assistance beforehand.

Cookies
    This community system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one). Failures to heed moderator warnings may result in immediate suspensions, regardless of the number of warnings.

Flags
    A flag feature allows you to bring a post to the attention of the Community moderators quickly and discretely. You should feel free use this when a post the breaks these terms is observed. Be advised, excessively or needlessly using the flag function is treated as is any other forms of SPAM.

Warnings
    At MI6 a 3 warning policy is run. After a 3rd offense of the terms and conditions, a user may be subject to a temporary exclusion or permanent ban at the administrator's discretion. Any duplicate accounts within the allotted time period, or any such attempt to bypass the account suspension will result permanent exclusion of a user's IP address. Moreover, we reserve the right to contact your Internet Service Provider.

In extreme cases, MI6 Community and/or its associates reserve the right to suspend any and all access and permissions to the community at any point for any reason or no reason at all.

Data and copyright
    By submitting posts to MI6 Community and or its associates you are agreeing that MI6 Community and or its associates own the copyright to the information (unless a previous non copyright agreement has been made beforehand in writing), and that MI6 Community and or its associates have the right to publish or use that information in any way. MI6 Community retains the right to remove or maintain any data submitted at its discretion.

Questions
    If you have any questions or queries relating to these conditions, please before proceeding to register. By clicking Register you agree to be bound by these conditions.
  • Seriously how he has he not been banned again yet? Even if his comments aren't thought of as offensive enough he's admitted this is his 2nd account, and I think it's his 3rd one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Seriously how he has he not been banned again yet? Even if his comments aren't thought of as offensive enough he's admitted this is his 2nd account, and I think it's his 3rd one.

Well I am sure all the woman who have been viciously assaulted (some having had their virginity taken away because of it) would find his manner repulsive, as I do and anyone reading his comments. I too can't fathom why something hasn't been done about him. He makes this place worse for wear. There is a difference between voicing a negative opinion and vulgarly ranting. The latter then making everyone around you feel ashamed for reading it.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    edited November 2012 Posts: 260
    Splinter Cell has been dumbed down and literally ripped apart by ubisoft.

Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory was the epitaph of the SC franchise. It is splinter cell at its highest point. The stealth was superb, it required patience, skill and plenty of thinking. You just couldn't run out in the open and shoot people, it was a game of using the shadows at you're best advantage possible and trying not to kill anybody, but only if absolutely necessary. I Remember when ubisoft was once an innovative company, but now they are under new control and only make games for one simple reason. "money". The words quality & originality mean nothing to these modern day companies/corporations .

SC Conviction is not splinter cell. Its a generic piece of garbage put together for the sole purpose of money. The gameplay absolutely had no elements at all in it from the previous entries. There was no more hiding of the bodies, no more noise meter, no more darkness meter to tell u how visible u are to your enemies. No more snatching an enemy by the neck while crouchinh. No more spy vs mercs. INSTEAD CONVICTION WAS A CASUAL KIDDY GAME THAT WAS MADE AND MARKETED FOR NAIVE SPOILED KIDDIES WHO COULDN'T USE THEIR BRAIN, So..ubisoft introduced casual retarded new elements like mark and execute, haha mark and execute may be the dumbest feature I have ever seen in a game , seriously why even spend $60 on a game if there are features that just lock on yo your enemies and kill them for you? I WANT A CHALLENGE! I WANT TO KILL MY ENEMIES IN A STEALTH ACTION GAME, NOT HAVE MY LITTLE STUPID MARK AND EXECUTE JUST DO ALL THE WORK.

Yes yes I know, you have to "earn" the mark and execute feature by stealthily taking down 3 or 5 enemies. Sorry but if you think speed crouching for a few seconds and getting behind an enemy pressing a button is stealthy I feel bad for you. Conviction was horrible and blacklist will be just as worse.

R.I.P. Chaos Theory

Splinter Cell has been dumbed down and literally ripped apart by ubisoft.

Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory was the epitaph of the SC franchise. It is splinter cell at its highest point. The stealth was superb, it required patience, skill and plenty of thinking. You just couldn't run out in the open and shoot people, it was a game of using the shadows at you're best advantage possible and trying not to kill anybody, but only if absolutely necessary. I Remember when ubisoft was once an innovative company, but now they are under new control and only make games for one simple reason. "money". The words quality & originality mean nothing to these modern day companies/corporations .

SC Conviction is not splinter cell. Its a generic piece of garbage put together for the sole purpose of money. The gameplay absolutely had no elements at all in it from the previous entries. There was no more hiding of the bodies, no more noise meter, no more darkness meter to tell u how visible u are to your enemies. No more snatching an enemy by the neck while crouchinh. No more spy vs mercs. INSTEAD CONVICTION WAS A CASUAL KIDDY GAME THAT WAS MADE AND MARKETED FOR NAIVE SPOILED KIDDIES WHO COULDN'T USE THEIR BRAIN, So..ubisoft introduced casual retarded new elements like mark and execute, haha mark and execute may be the dumbest feature I have ever seen in a game , seriously why even spend $60 on a game if there are features that just lock on yo your enemies and kill them for you? I WANT A CHALLENGE! I WANT TO KILL MY ENEMIES IN A STEALTH ACTION GAME, NOT HAVE MY LITTLE STUPID MARK AND EXECUTE JUST DO ALL THE WORK.

Yes yes I know, you have to "earn" the mark and execute feature by stealthily taking down 3 or 5 enemies. Sorry but if you think speed crouching for a few seconds and getting behind an enemy pressing a button is stealthy I feel bad for you. Conviction was horrible and blacklist will be just as worse.

R.I.P. Chaos Theory
    Did you even read the Terms and Conditions?
  • He said Chaos Theory was the best one. I feel sort of ashamed for agreeing with him on something.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    @TheLivingRoyale

I know we have disagreed on many things the past few days, but I know you're a good person and I really never ever have intended to hurt you personally or intentionally. Anyways I wish you the best always and am glad we finally can agree on something.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Brutus loved Caesar too. Right up until the moment he plunged a knife into the man. History tends to repeat itself.
  • I'm looking forward to this movie. Hope they pull it off and do a good job.
    I shouldn't be reading through threads and finding apologies littered throughout.

Piss off or behave.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I shouldn't be reading through threads and finding apologies littered throughout.

Piss off or behave.

The apologies are likely fake, made to avoid more moderator repercussions.
    I was able to run and shoot through a large portion of chaos theory. Sorry but the original was challenging and innovative the rest were easy but fun.

Anyways loved the games enjoyed the books can't wait for the film
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I did not threaten anybody with the word "rape". You clearly know I was using it as a remark towards Ubisoft's handling of the SC franchise. Stop trying to find excuses to get me banned .

A) It's clear that members have had enough of your strong language with a deliberate tone of 'those who enjoy this product are idiots' subtly masked (and sometimes no so subtly masked.)

B) If it happens, you will have brought it upon yourself. The Mod team has already been very patient with you.
    I just don't get why more fluid action means "dumbed down" Conviction still was tough.

I thought so and For records sake it only took me about a week to beat the original.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles
    I'm a huge fan of the Splinter Cell series and I've just bought the HD Trilogy for the PS3.

What really bugs me is that I invested in these games up to Double Agent and now I can't play them on the PS3 because of incompatibility.

I would have been interested to play Conviction, despite its departure from the things that made the other games so good, but alas, it wasn't released for the PS3.

The HD Trilogy for the PS is actually from the Xbox version of the game. There's no nuclear power plant level, for example. Wilkes dies where he dies in the Xbox version, too. However, the additional Xbox content is missing from this release. It's like the worst of both worlds.

As to the film, they had better stay true to the core values of what made SC so refreshing and interesting to play. It's a stealth based game with proper espionage. Let's hope they up the suspense and the tension in this film and keep those stealth elements in there.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    doubleoego wrote:
    You can now forget Hardy as Bond...
    he's playing Sam Fisher in the splinter cell movie.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni40701920/

So what Daniel Craig was in the Tomb Raider movie and yet he's now James Bond.

• That makes 2 Clancy characters Hardy's supposed to be playing on the big screen. Along with Sam Fisher, he's also playing John Clark in Without Remorse.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    He's also playing Mad Max.

He's too big to be Bond now.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    edited December 2012 Posts: 259
    I like to add that I think Vin Diesel would've fit more to Sam Fisher, he does look close to Sam Fisher from Double Agent and Diesel's voice sound close to Michael Ironside's voice.

scmovieteaserposterdwskg001fy7.jpg
    He's also playing Mad Max.

He's too big to be Bond now.

uh, don't forget Hugh Jackman was offered to play as James Bond at the same time he was Wolverine for X-men.

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/celebrities/hugh-jackman/hugh-jackman-was-offered-james-bond-role-before-daniel-craig-n213060.html
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    To everybody talking about how a Brit is playing an American character, remember this: Sam Fisher was played by a Canadian first (and second, because the new guy for Blacklist is also Canadian).
    To everybody talking about how a Brit is playing an American character, remember this: Sam Fisher was played by a Canadian first (and second, because the new guy for Blacklist is also Canadian).

Sherlock is American
    House is/was British
    Spiderman is British
    Batman is British
    Superman is British

Bit too late to be worrying about that now.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Sherlock is American
    House is/was British
    Spiderman is British
    Batman is British
    Superman is British

Not worrying, just bringing up a fact. A lot of people were, at the beginning of this thread, talking about British actors taking American roles and such, so I just decided to bring up this little fact.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694

Sherlock is American
    House is/was British
    Spiderman is British
    Batman is British
    Superman is British

Not worrying, just bringing up a fact. A lot of people were, at the beginning of this thread, talking about British actors taking American roles and such, so I just decided to bring up this little fact.

I wasn't aiming that off you, just sort of continuing it off your post and just putting it out there.

Sherlock is American
    House is/was British
    Spiderman is British
    Batman is British
    Superman is British

I wasn't aiming that off you, just sort of continuing it off your post and just putting it out there.

Oh.

Green Arrow (Arrow TV series) - Canadian
    Wolverine - Australian
    The Governor & Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead) - British

There's a whole myriad of characters played by people of conflicting nationalities.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited December 2012 Posts: 1,812
    It was just a rumor before that Hardy was playing Fisher in SC but now it's been confirmed!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/12/06/actor-tom-hardy-confirmed-for-splinter-cell-movie.aspx
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles
    I like Hardy a great deal, but he's wrong for Fisher IMO.
    Sam should look a little more "all-American" and Hardy just doesn't look the part to me.
    I have nothing against Brits playing Americans or vice versa, I just don't think Hardy has the look or will be able to bring off Fisher's dry, dead pan humour. He needs to be played by someone who can convince as world-weary and a bit jaded.

I just hope they stick to the essence of what makes SC so good. A great central character and some great stealth/espionage action.
    I don't see why Michael Ironside can't just come in and play Fisher. They can CG his face to make him younger, and then we'd have the Fisher voice anybody who's played one of the games is accustomed to.
    This film will be a mess. We all know that it is going to be big explosions and high intensity action and not a stealthy film. That's just how it is going to go, and by the time the credits roll Sam Fisher will more resemble a member of The Expendables than the masker of silence that he is supposed to be.