Splinter Cell - The Movie

13»

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    This film will be a mess. We all know that it is going to be big explosions and high intensity action and not a stealthy film. That's just how it is going to go, and by the time the credits roll Sam Fisher will more resemble a member of The Expendables than the masker of silence that he is supposed to be.

Where did you get this idea from?

We know nothing about it apart from that Tom Hardy is playing Fisher, and I don't take that as a sign that it'll be explosions from beginning to end.

Give it a chance. No it won't be stealth all the way through, but you could at least wait until we know something about the film before you start complaining.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This film will be awful. Why must Hollywood keep trying to 'adapt' video games?
    mdo007 wrote:
    don't forget Hugh Jackman was offered to play as James Bond at the same time he was Wolverine for X-men.

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/celebrities/hugh-jackman/hugh-jackman-was-offered-james-bond-role-before-daniel-craig-n213060.html

He may have been offered a screen test but the role was only ever offered to Daniel.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,978
    I think Vin Diesel actually does resemble the Double Agent Fisher in that poster. :-?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    This film has only just been confirmed and people are already slamming it. I've learned my lesson in trash talking films before I've seen them... Iron-Man and The Dark Knight. While I don't think Hardy is the best choice, I'm keeping an open mind about this film until I see the first full length trailer.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    I think Vin Diesel actually does resemble the Double Agent Fisher in that poster. :-?

Even before Hardy was to play as Sam Fiasher I lobbied for Vin Diesel to play as Fisher because he look and sound like Fisher. Diesel's voice almost sound close to Michael Ironside's voice. So he wouldn't be that hard to choose.

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This film will be awful. Why must Hollywood keep trying to 'adapt' video games?

Could I borrow your time machine? I could make a fortune from bets in the past, and I always wanted to see the future.

We know nothing about it. Maybe trying to keep an open mind instead of laying into the film before they even start making it?
  • http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/4677/20130102/assassins-creed-movie-splinter-cell-movies-news-wont-suck-according-to-ubisoft.htm
    This film has only just been confirmed and people are already slamming it. I've learned my lesson in trash talking films before I've seen them... Iron-Man and The Dark Knight. While I don't think Hardy is the best choice, I'm keeping an open mind about this film until I see the first full length trailer.

Thank you. They've literally released nothing, we know nothing about the cast and crew other than that Tom Hardy will probably be playing Fisher, and already people are bitching about how awful it's going to be.