SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    If I may be so bold...I can't imagine Christopher Nolan's Batman reboot not having The Joker in it. Now, Blofeld is not on par with The Joker, as a villain to a hero, but it's a close enough analogy. There is nothing wrong with bringing back Blofeld. EON's reboot has included re-cast and re-imagined versions of Q, Leiter, and Moneypenny, as well. And the thought of Waltz playing Blofeld (for Bond 25, too) is EXCITING!!!!!!!
    /\ It smacks of the beginning of remakes to me when you want to bring already used villains back! Cubby would roll in his grave. Hope Babs and MGW have got the sense to not do it!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    /\ It smacks of the beginning of remakes to me when you want to bring already used villains back! Cubby would roll in his grave. Hope Babs and MGW have got the sense to not do it!

But Blofeld wasn't a "one-off" villain, as were Dr. No, Stromberg, Largo, Goldfinger, and Mr. Big. From that standpoint, it would be recycling and remaking. But Blofeld was Bond's archrival and nemesis across films. Given that the series is in reboot and that EON has obtained the rights to the Blofeld character, it makes sense that Bond 24 move in this direction. I wouldn't be afraid of remakes.

Nut how used was Blofeld? Or rather: how was he developed in the movies? Outside of OHMSS, very little. He is not even a name until YOLT.
  • Just heard a lot of rumour about the new Bond car - a Fiat 500?? What do you think?
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Murdock wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    You can't stop his opinions, but his opinion's can stop you. Time to face reality. ;)
    Graves4.jpg

No, time to face gravity. :))
    *epic rendition of Bond theme* ;)

"You have no idea how much my opinion is about to change your world".

Indeed, @Gustav_Graves needs to die. To disappear.

No you don't. Just ease up a bit. Your a passionate Bond fan. Perhaps a little too passionate. A lot of us just don't want to be drilled with the same points over and over again, thread after thread.

I tried to change that in that last post. To actually re-assess myself. To actually change the conversation in a conversation about "name" vs. " actual portrayed role". I even said "..... to an extent that at this stage I'm ready to -proverbally- kill myself". You clearly overlooked that line.

No one tries to read my longer posts carefully in here. The atmosphere in here is already too poisoned. Some of my posts can only be read as "Blofeld". Or are typecasted with Gustav Graves' image. It saddens me. Thát is making things personal.

Also, some have already said my posts are too long, too stupid and that I'm saying "actually nothing when I write so much". Others think they are funny, while others might perceive it as bullying.

I'm off here, gone. Let the moderators clean up a bit more.....or simply...post moderation messages in topics a bit more. I'm gonna watch "Live And Let Die". BJ Arnau sings it now..... And I'm going to Skype a bit more with @DoubleoNothing (great Bond fan and buddy), instead of posting, what others see as, "nonsense". Greetings.
    TripAces wrote: »

But Blofeld wasn't a "one-off" villain, as were Dr. No, Stromberg, Largo, Goldfinger, and Mr. Big. From that standpoint, it would be recycling and remaking. But Blofeld was Bond's archrival and nemesis across films. Given that the series is in reboot and that EON has obtained the rights to the Blofeld character, it makes sense that Bond 24 move in this direction. I wouldn't be afraid of remakes.

The reason the franchise is so successful is it always has atleast one foot in the present reality. Bond is innovitive and creative and Blofeld was Connery's Bond nemesis. Give Craig's Bond his own nemesis in the form of the Head of Quantum!

Almost a 3rd of the official series of films and the 2 unofficial films had Blofeld and Spectre. And like Spectre now, Quantum is not a one off organisation so lets give them some respect to deliver a fitting finale to the either in one or two movies whilst it is the DC era of movies still.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I use "if", because I did not personally attack you or offend you.
    Very good, so in that case there was no need to apologize, because you don't believe you did anything wrong.
    Save your apologies for when you feel you actually did do something wrong. It's not complicated.
    In the meantime, the mods have schooled you. No apologies needed, unless you really feel it.

moving on
    RC7 wrote: »
    The Oberhauser thing could have been lifted directly from a fan forum. It had been brought up by members on here some time ago. All it would take is a journalist with a bit of nous checking in on MI6, cherry-picking some interesting tidbits that would only come from hardcore fans and embellishing an otherwise run of the mill article. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's not a stretch.

I thought this too, when I first saw the Oberhauser mention in the Mail article. The first I heard of Oberhauser and B24 was on this forum. Someone simply floated it as an idea.
    My guess is that Eon had the same idea.
    We float so many ideas, it shouldn't be a stretch, that Eon might come up with some of the same ones, or possibly they picked it up from their board surfings.
    Anyway, again, my guess is that Eon planned to introduce Waltz as Oberhauser Jr. This fits with the Austrian angle too. But Eon also planned to evolve Waltz into Blofeld by fim's end.
    Considering the B24 story is written, I don't think a leak is going to cause them to rip up the script.
    Eon can still go ahead with a Waltz-as-Oberhauser Jr-announcement, yet deny any Blofeld connection.
    They did as much with Eve as MP last time out. They never fessed up, even though the accurate rumour was all over the interwebs.
    My guess is that the Mail reporter, got confused as to the true nature of the Oberhauser ruse and mis-reported it.

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Ben Whishaw spotted filming London Spy in Vauxhall.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    What are the chances that the press conference will be held before the end of next week?
    Just heard a lot of rumour about the new Bond car - a Fiat 500?? What do you think?

That will be the car driven by Bond or by someone else during the sequence set in Rome but that won't be THE new Bond car. The new Bond car will be a new Aston Martin.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    What are the chances that the press conference will be held before the end of next week?
    Just heard a lot of rumour about the new Bond car - a Fiat 500?? What do you think?

That will be the car driven by Bond or by someone else during the sequence set in Rome but that won't be THE new Bond car. The new Bond car will be a new Aston Martin.
    Well, I think this news is seriously getting out of hand and being perceived in the wrong way completely. People are actually starting to think Bond will be driving the Fiat.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/539963/James-Bond-Aston-Martin-Fiat-500

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/james-bond-swapping-aston-martin-4692301

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/25/fiat-500-to-replace-aston-martin-in-next-james-bond-movie/

http://news.sky.com/story/1380209/james-bond-swaps-aston-for-fiat-report

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/showbiz/movies/2014/11/26/bond-to-drive-fiat-500.html
    dragonsky wrote: »
    As long as the movie is good I won't care. I think it's a silly step backwards for EON to bring back dead characters. Since all the other reboots are bringing back dead villains and F***** them up. It leaves me nervous that bringing back Blofeld will do even more damage. Especially with P&W back rewriting the Script.

Blofeld is not really dead..like the Craig storylines hapen before the Moore/Connery storylines..

Also we have a black Moneypenny and black Felix so...having Blofeld sounds pretty good

But yeah let's hope the movie will be good.

If you fell down a smoke stack with a pre broken neck I don't think you'll be alive. And the Craig movies don't take place in the original timeline. It's a whole new timeline where none of the original 20 Bond movies took place. Hopefully EON doesn't remake them. That would really be awful.
    I did not make myself clear when I wrote that :)

I meant Blofeld is not dead in this storyline. Just like Bond is not a guy that lost his wife..he never met Tracy at this point. Craig's movies happen before the original movies
    I don't think the Craig films happen before the original-run timeline but rather in a different timeline. The original run simply does not exist in the new timeline.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I meant Blofeld is not dead in this storyline. Just like Bond is not a guy that lost his wife..he never met Tracy at this point. Craig's movies happen before the original movies

Not unless you count 007 Legends which featured Craig's Bond meeting and killing a bald eye scar laden Blofeld. And also having Tracy get killed by him.
    A recent message I sent in response to a mod, to clear some things up:

The biggest reason, in all honesty, that I haven't included "Spoilers" in the thread title is lack of space and a strong determination to keep factual spoilers out of the thread. I want to at least hint at what has been updated in the title, and after including "Bond 24 Production Timeline (Spoilers) - .." There isn't a lot of room character-count-wise to work with.

I have no intention of including spoilers in the title of the thread. I specifically worded the previous title as "Let The Blofeld Rumors BEGIN!" to include 'rumors' because that is what they are. It is NOT a spoiler if there is no actual evidence of it being true. If there had been a leaked script page, or word from somebody with a name and not "unknown sources", I would handle it as a spoiler.

But it's one article of many to come claiming this and that. None of which, without evidence, are spoilers. Another variation of the title included "Rumored Details Of Christoph Waltz's Character". Where is the spoiler in that? If they don't want to know possible details of his character, DON'T CLICK THE LINK. It is not my responsibility what lack of self control they have. If they want to come on here only for the "What Is Your Favorite" and "Who Is The Best" and "Caption This Cat Photo" threads, fine, they don't have to go to my discussion.

It's an issue of their self control, not my posting. The "Blofeld In Bond 24" EVEN HAS IT'S OWN DISCUSSION, and that I just typed before is just about exactly its title. That's not considered a spoiler, is it?

And now I have people like Germanlady claiming that MY thread will include every Bond 24 spoiler "because it makes sense." No, it doesn't. The thread is for published news and rumors, not leaked photos or script pages, or any other fact-based spoiler. People will use spoiler tags, or I will flag them. I look to you mods to aid me in enforcing the rules I CLEARLY outlined in the opening post and multiple times thereafter in the thread. NO SPOILERS. Rumors: fine. Location details, who is in the film, official press releases, all fine. Not spoilers.

Back to the title.. once we know the title of the film, if it is shorter than "Bond 24 Production Timeline -" I'll be able to include spoilers, because of the shorter character count. Let's say, for example "Risico Prod. Timeline (Possible Spoilers) -" or if it is long, I'll abbreviate it: "TSWLM Prod. Timeline (Potential Spoilers) -".

I hope you understand. I don't want to tell people they can't visit the site, but rumors are not spoilers. If you feel the title needs to be amended because it includes a factual detail that may spoil the film, come get me.

If not, kindly reason with those complaining as I have reasoned with you.

Justin

timmer wrote: »
    I don't think the Craig films happen before the original-run timeline but rather in a different timeline. The original run simply does not exist in the new timeline.

Indeed.

@jwestbrook. Your explanations defining spoilers vs non-spoilers make perfect sense.
    So what I think is needed then is another production thread where spoilers might flourish. ie photos from set, snapshots of cast lists etc. Based on the coverage we gave the last two films, these items will abound. We lap this stuff up. There will be need for such a thread. Those of us trying to follow the film development will naturally check both threads, and hopefully respect your boundaries in your thread, but go nuts in the full-out spoiler thread.
    I'd start the new thread if I had any fresh meat to work with, which I don't.
    Maybe @germanlady can start it. She's always got some fresh Craig news.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    timmer wrote: »
    So what I think is needed then is another production thread where spoilers might flourish. ie photos from set, snapshots of cast lists etc. Based on the coverage we gave the last two films, these items will abound. We lap this stuff up. There will be need for such a thread. Those of us trying to follow the film development will naturally check both threads, and hopefully respect your boundaries in your thread, but go nuts in the full-out spoiler thread.

Exactly. I think this thread should stay as it is. Those who want to know as much as possible about Bond 24, should create a separate thread, and talk openly about everything. I don't see the problem, really.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I've written such a lengthy post to make that clear really. I tried to give good examples of why we put so much importance on a name or brand, whereas we know from the past how the actual characters or roles appeared in the final product...the final film. So before a movie isn't even finalized, it is not that clear to say IF the film is orbiting around its own nostalgia...and if the film will use the "cheap re-boot" button.

Just compare Stromberg with Silva. The first, for me comes across as a Blofeld-rip-off (worse than a re-boot). An example that "we" actually fear. We don't bother about him, because he only has a different name (they wanted to name him Blofeld....). Whereas the latter, Silva, could be perceived as a re-booted Dr. No if you try very very hard. Perhaps some don't even see it. UNTIL they actually name him Dr. No, and not Silva. That's my point really.....

i got all that the first 50 times you posted it.... I even brought up how Zorin in AVTAK is a 1985 GF, and both films even share a very similar plot... they often times recycle something old into something new - Elliot Carver is also has some Blofeld / Stromberg in him, and the plot of said film has echoes of TSWLM in it as well.... hell even SF is a 50% GE and 50% TWINE.. and i would say Silva is more akin to 006 than he is Dr. No - but hey, that is just my opinion...... so to infer that i don't understand you is erroneous....
    ... I wanted to say that in the end it's about how the character is written, how he's being portrayed and how "complex" he is....and then for me the name doesn't matter to me.

Blofeld? I just love the blank, phonetical name. It's a good brand.

oh no, i believe it does... or else you wouldn't have started multiple threads about the same subject and same person, and we wouldn't be to the point in this very thread where the last X amount of pages is all about the same damn thing... BLOFELD... i know a lot of that is because the media is spreading that rumor quicker than the AIDS virus - but there is no weight to it (as of yet) - and if it happens it happens, so be it - it's no skin off my ***.... but for the past 3 years, only one person has put more effort into making sure he squeezes that Blofeld name into every subject thread on here........ and thats you.... So while in one corner of your mouth, you talk about reusing old characters and reinventing them into new ones with different names and so on - out of the other corner comes reboot Blofeld - and keep his name, just make him new..... you should honestly go into politics - your ability to play both sides of the fence is astonishing.. =D> ...and i dont even mean that as sarcasm... thats a real skill.... I get that you really like the name, and it's "branding potential".. but christ almighty - i would rather be bludgeoned with a raw tuna fish than hear that name one more time...
    jake24 wrote: »
    People are actually starting to think Bond will be driving the Fiat.

I can easily see Bond driving the Fiat for a short period of time but that won't make it the "main car" of Bond 24, just like the Ford Mondeo was not THE Bond car of CR.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    jake24 wrote: »
    People are actually starting to think Bond will be driving the Fiat.

I can easily see Bond driving the Fiat for a short period of time but that won't make it the "main car" of Bond 24, just like the Ford Mondeo was not THE Bond car of CR.

if they do the FIAT the same way they gagged the Citreon in FYEO - that would be amazing.... i could picture Craig using the car out of necessity, but him looking pretty funny in it....

hmm... wonder if we can get a reboot of the "oh my car! ohhhhh!" guy from AVTAK??
  • I would love to see some classic situational humor infused into B24. Nothing too goofy or slapstick, but seeing Craig peeved about having to squeeze into a Fiat to chase someone down could potentially be hilarious (and not all that out of line with some of CR's humor, e.g. Bond bursting through the drywall to keep up with Mollaka). If Dave Bautista is indeed onboard, there's potential for a lot of good laughs; he rocked the dry wit in Guardians of the Galaxy.
    does anyone here miss seeing Baccarat in the films?... I mean we got a big Poker fest in CR - which was done splendidly... but it's not that same as watching Bond master a Baccarat table... i dont know - maybe it is just me... but the last time we saw it was in GE, it's been almost 20 years now :(
  • I'm sorry, but going of the figures on the Y axis, I would hardly say that Blofeld going viral.

Two days later :

324669wow.jpg

The future is hard to predict... We'll see when it'll stop. It may be tomorrow, it may be later...

We still don't know if Blofeld is back or not. But can EON and Sony build buzz around Blofeld coming back ? I think they can. If Austin Powers used "Blofeld" in every movie, there was a good reason, wasn't it ?
    If Austin Powers used "Blofeld" in every movie, there was a good reason, wasn't it ?

To spoof and lampoon the Bond franchise...
    If Austin Powers used "Blofeld" in every movie, there was a good reason, wasn't it ?

they also spoofed and lampooned the Largo character as well.... doesn't mean he should come back as well..
    HASEROT wrote: »

they also spoofed and lampooned the Largo character as well.... doesn't mean he should come back as well..

They spoofed Pussy Galore, Oddjob, Rosa Klebb, Red Grant, Nick Nack and Osato too. I don't want to see any of them back..
    The future is hard to predict... We'll see when it'll stop. It may be tomorrow, it may be later...

it's only spiked because the media reports and rumors mentioned his name..... look at how dead his page was beforehand - and how it suddenly spiked.... what i read into those numbers is this.... "who is Blofeld? Let me go look him up."... give it a couple more days, the page will be back down to nil again...

the character isn't going viral at all.... it's just a bunch of people that have no clue who the character is checking his wikipedia page... and i would hardly call wikipedia stats a definitive source of anything "going viral".....

ESB Fluffers will latch onto anything lol...
    Craig's Bond fought Blofeld in 007 Legends and this is what he looked like.
    latest?cb=20121121163050

It goes to show that they haven't been willing to try anything new with his appearance.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    Craig's Bond fought Blofeld in 007 Legends and this is what he looked like.
    latest?cb=20121121163050

It goes to show that they haven't been willing to try anything new with his appearance.

i think they tried to combine a little of Pleasence, Savalas and Gray into that Blofeld - that way it wasn't based any one actor in particular.... because even though Savalas as Blofeld in OHMSS is the superior one - the more iconic look of the character comes from Pleasence in YOLT...... and then there is Charles Gray lol........

plus, that is a little unfair - they didn't reinvent the look of Goldfinger, Drax, Sanchez or Graves for the game..... although they couldn't have found a worse voice for GF - my god, it wasn't even close lol.