SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    HASEROT wrote: »
    i think they tried to combine a little of Pleasence, Savalas and Gray into that Blofeld - that way it wasn't based any one actor in particular.... because even though Savalas as Blofeld in OHMSS is the superior one - the more iconic look of the character comes from Pleasence in YOLT...... and then there is Charles Gray lol........

That is what they did, but considering they completely changed Felix, Jinx and Holly in that game it makes you wonder why they chose to go back to the cliche Bald Blofeld with the Eye scar. :-?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Murdock wrote: »
    i think they tried to combine a little of Pleasence, Savalas and Gray into that Blofeld - that way it wasn't based any one actor in particular.... because even though Savalas as Blofeld in OHMSS is the superior one - the more iconic look of the character comes from Pleasence in YOLT...... and then there is Charles Gray lol........

That is what they did, but considering they completely changed Felix, Jinx and Holly in that game it makes you wonder why they chose to go back to the cliche Bald Blofeld with the Eye scar. :-?

who knows....... but what i do know, is that this little discussion is more thought than what into that game.. 8-}

who knows....... but what i do know, is that this little discussion is more thought than what into that game.. 8-}
    I know. But it's still something to make fun of. :))
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

I know. But it's still something to make fun of. :))

i still can't believe i got suckered out of $59 for that p.o.s ..... i'll excuse myself overspending on certain things of 007, because of my love for James Bond - but i kick myself every time when i think about what i spent for that mess of a game, one that more or less took a dump on the Bond legacy, then slapped us all in the face with it.... in theory, it could've been the best Bond game ever had they actually took time to develop it, and maybe - just maybe secure using the rights to Connery, Moore, Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan, as well as using their voices - or some pretty damn good impersonators.. but hell, what do i know - i am not a game designer........ but lets save this lamenting for another thread :)>-
    @haserot, Agreed. :P
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Seriously, there are spoilers already in this thread for people coming here as new visitors. I do not consider this thread being spoiler free at this point, no. I simply respectfully (and I do respect you as this thread's owner) disagree with you, @JWESTBROOK. I do believe the word SPOILERS should be in the title. Some folks did not want cast confirmations or locations so obviously confirmed in the title, for example.

We do want to be able to come here, including spoilers, discuss freely, correct? So maybe that is not the correct assumption. If you do not want us discussing spoilers, I do not see how you can control that. People will not post everything with spoiler tags 100% of the time. That is not probable. I do not see why it is unreasonable to include SPOILERS in the thread's title. I actually think that is the most fair option for all. And how is that difficult to do? It does not alter what is in the thread. Please reconsider. You have an excellent production thread here; but I think in fairness to all, the word SPOILERS should be in the title of this thread. And therefore, we also would not need to use spoiler tags.

How can one long-running production thread not have spoilers? It seems impossible and also really unnecessary. Not everyone will use spoiler tags correctly all the time, and look at the last several pages. Of course there is info there that some would consider spoilers. It is simple enough to add that one word in the title of the thread, and I do not understand why you would truly be strongly against doing that. If you are adamant, I respect your opinion of course. But I don't reason through this the way you have been.

If this goes against what you want here - you really do not want spoilers - I think that has fallen off over the course of the last few weeks ... there are things here people would consider as spoilers. But okay, then it will probably take as Timmer suggested, an entirely new thread. If this remains the way you are trying to keep it, I appreciate your efforts ... but then let's get another thread started. That still will not resolve the issue of people reading this thread and considering some things as spoilers (because some people definitely will, even without clicking on links), but it is your thread. I do respect that. If @Timmer wants to start a new one, I hope he does. I am trying to still be supportive of this thread, JWESTBROOK. And I do not mean to sound too harsh. I think you have really done a great job. But I think it is time to have the word "spoilers" in the title and allow free discussion. I think the no spoilers aspect has been eroded already, and seems a very difficult task to stick to (considering the # of readers and posters here) to keep it so that all would consider the things discussed in this particular thread as nonspoilers only.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157
    I had a dream last night: I was at the theatre to watch Bond 24... the title was Property of a Lady. Could it be a sign? ;)
  • Walecs wrote: »
    I had a dream last night: I was at the theatre to watch Bond 24... the title was Property of a Lady. Could it be a sign? ;)

There could be a modicum of truth in your dream. Months before any real information about Skyfall came out, I dreamt that Bond would spend the early part of the film aimlessly wandering. It really wasn't anything like what we got in the film, but still, there was a modicum of truth there. Maybe your dream means we're in for a Fleming title after all? ;)
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 5,745
    @4EverBonded

Blofeld RUMORS are not spoilers. Where is the factual evidence to back up any of the bullsnot you group have been throwing around for the last 10 pages? There's none of it. The only thing factually confirmed are locations and casting. Something you'll get from the FRONT PAGE of MI6, from the dozens of other Bond 24 threads already in circulation, including the one that has Lea Syedoux's name in the title.

I will also remind everyone that I am of the opinion to NOT be spoiled for Bond 24, and seeing as I am running this thread, it wouldn't make too much sense for me to attempt at keeping it updated if I wish to not be spoiled.

If there is a separate thread for spoilers, everyone will be directed there to discuss factual things that are not welcome in this thread. There is a flag feature and a great team of mods to back us up. As far as some inept Daily Mail crap some writer desperate to keep his job churns out, taking some looks at obscure dots and attempting to connect them using intern level tactics such as "unnamed sources", NOT FACTUAL, NOT SPOILERS.

If you all want this to be a spoiler thread, I will abandon it at once and leave it to the mods to keep up with. The last update to the list will be Christoph Waltz being cast, and it will have been a futile waste of my time and effort, and totally go against why I originally started this thread.

What exactly would you all consider spoilers? If I were to come on here and say I think Christoph Waltz would make a good Blofeld, and I spoke to another guy and he said he will be Blofeld, and then I wrote an article and posted it here, is that fact? Is that a spoiler? No. Are endless pages of fanboys getting hard-on's for some poorly-executed half-cocked wannabe nemesis returning to a series of films that recently have become diseased with no clear theme or direction spoilers now? If so, spoiler tag the whole damn site.

I've spoken to @Creasy47 and we've come to an understanding. We agree there should be a separate thread for the more factual information involving plot twists, character actions and possible deaths, and other story elements that I do not wish to discuss in this thread.

Still have an issue? Contact Creasy.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't mean to have a major issue with you at all, JWESTBROOK. And I do not want you to abandon this thread. Please do not.

So you are trying to keep this thread totally spoiler free. Facts here, along with some speculation (that is the grey area, where others call some things spoilers). And someone else should set up a thread for all Bond 24 spoilers and more speculation, with no spoiler tags needed on that new thread. All right. That seems settled at least. Hopefully that will be helpful. Thank you for responding.
    I don't mean to have a major issue with you at all, JWESTBROOK. And I do not want you to abandon this thread. Please do not.

So you are trying to keep this thread totally spoiler free. Facts here, along with some speculation (that is the grey area, where others call some things spoilers). And someone else should set up a thread for all Bond 24 spoilers and more speculation, with no spoiler tags needed on that new thread. All right. That seems settled at least. Hopefully that will be helpful. Thank you for responding.

Please check your messages for my clarification, and I hope you don't take my reply as being directed only at you.

To all:
    We have a plague in these pages of stating our speculation as fact. "How could they NOT bring back Blofeld" is not at all constructive or productive, and as this is a production thread, no member should state speculation or opinion as fact, especially in response to a member reasonably arguing against them. If there can be an argument against it being true, it is a RUMOR. Not a SPOILER, not a FACT.

This is a production timeline. Casting, locations, and news articles will all be approached as a part of production, thus fitting this thread. Back-door speculation or confirmation of spoilers will not be.

As stated many many times before, if you don't think Eon want you to know about it, and it deals with the story or plot of the film, it is a spoiler. If it will not be found in any promotional material, it is a spoiler. That is all. That is the line. Drawn in the sand. Clear.
    @JWESTBROOK

thank you sir.

tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbolbn_zpsod20np5v.gif
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,318
    Craig's Bond fought Blofeld in 007 Legends and this is what he looked like.

It goes to show that they haven't been willing to try anything new with his appearance.
    Reminds me very much of Lost's Terry O'Quinn.

medium_johnlocke.jpglatest?cb=20121121163050
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm sorry, but going of the figures on the Y axis, I would hardly say that Blofeld going viral.

Two days later :

324669wow.jpg

The future is hard to predict... We'll see when it'll stop. It may be tomorrow, it may be later...

We still don't know if Blofeld is back or not. But can EON and Sony build buzz around Blofeld coming back ? I think they can. If Austin Powers used "Blofeld" in every movie, there was a good reason, wasn't it ?

@haserot hit it on the head.

It goes viral when there's extensive news coverage, when it trends on Twitter (just look at what a teaser trailer for Jurassic World did!) and all the rest. Again, those figures are nothing special.
    Walecs wrote: »

Wouldn't surprise me... Just curious, since you can't technically read in dreams, was the title large enough to where you could still decipher what it was, or did someone say it?
    latest?cb=20121121163050

It goes to show that they haven't been willing to try anything new with his appearance.

It's a videogame. Not exactly indication of creative vision in the.movies.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Probably the games are not canonical?
    Probably the games are not canonical?
    that too.

timmer wrote: »
    I use "if", because I did not personally attack you or offend you.
    Very good, so in that case there was no need to apologize, because you don't believe you did anything wrong.
    Save your apologies for when you feel you actually did do something wrong. It's not complicated.
    In the meantime, the mods have schooled you. No apologies needed, unless you really feel it.

moving on
    RC7 wrote: »
    The Oberhauser thing could have been lifted directly from a fan forum. It had been brought up by members on here some time ago. All it would take is a journalist with a bit of nous checking in on MI6, cherry-picking some interesting tidbits that would only come from hardcore fans and embellishing an otherwise run of the mill article. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's not a stretch.

I thought this too, when I first saw the Oberhauser mention in the Mail article. The first I heard of Oberhauser and B24 was on this forum. Someone simply floated it as an idea.
    My guess is that Eon had the same idea.
    We float so many ideas, it shouldn't be a stretch, that Eon might come up with some of the same ones, or possibly they picked it up from their board surfings.
    Anyway, again, my guess is that Eon planned to introduce Waltz as Oberhauser Jr. This fits with the Austrian angle too. But Eon also planned to evolve Waltz into Blofeld by fim's end.
    Considering the B24 story is written, I don't think a leak is going to cause them to rip up the script.
    Eon can still go ahead with a Waltz-as-Oberhauser Jr-announcement, yet deny any Blofeld connection.
    They did as much with Eve as MP last time out. They never fessed up, even though the accurate rumour was all over the interwebs.
    My guess is that the Mail reporter, got confused as to the true nature of the Oberhauser ruse and mis-reported it.
    This. It is also possible they were planning to use Oberhauser before they got the rights for Blofeld.

Anyway, philosophical observation: ideas exist outside the mind, so it is very likely some people at Eon could have thought of the same unused Fleming material.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    latest?cb=20121121163050

It's a videogame. Not exactly indication of creative vision in the.movies.

The video game Blofeld also resembled Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, who debuted in Marvel Comics in 1963, in Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos, and surfaced later in Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/blofeld-and-strucker-masterminds-separated-at-birth/
    Have to say i hope someone in the press conference asks "Is Spectre or Blofeld in this movie?" And Sam Mendes replies NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :))
    I could totally see Waltz playing Blofeld. :))
  • @haserot hit it on the head.

It goes viral when there's extensive news coverage, when it trends on Twitter (just look at what a teaser trailer for Jurassic World did!) and all the rest. Again, those figures are nothing special.

Nothing special, unless for whose who think the general audience doesn't care about who Blofeld is. I wish we could have the same stats for Quantum, but the organization has not even a Wiki page... Even SMERSH has one. Poor Quantum.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    I am getting a bit worried. Filming is supposed to start next week and we have no idea where and more importantly WHEN the press conference will be held. By the way, the first Star Wars trailer will be released online the day after tomorrow and that's for a movie that will be released a month AFTER Bond 24 which hasn't even begun shooting yet! And NO rumors about the main Bond girl... Am I the only one who is starting to get a bit panicky? Will Bond 24 be delayed? (I would not care about a delay of the release date but I am really scared of a delay of the principal photography...)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,352
    I am getting a bit worried. Filming is supposed to start next week and we have no idea where and more importantly WHEN the press conference will be held.

Like I said before:
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    If it really starts shooting on december 6th, it is crazy that we know nothing about the press conference yet.

Skyfall's press conference was announced one week before it was held, Quantum's just one day before.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=5804

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9765

Baz could well lift the lid on the girl on Friday, or, get this, we may get a surprise. Would be nice for once.

• RC7RC7
    I am getting a bit worried. Filming is supposed to start next week and we have no idea where and more importantly WHEN the press conference will be held. By the way, the first Star Wars trailer will be released online the day after tomorrow and that's for a movie that will be released a month AFTER Bond 24 which hasn't even begun shooting yet! And NO rumors about the main Bond girl... Am I the only one who is starting to get a bit panicky? Will Bond 24 be delayed? (I would not care about a delay of the release date but I am really scared of a delay of the principal photography...)

Not even comparable. No need to panic.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think it's just a matter of being patient. News regarding production have been trickling out but just because we have not heard anything major since Waltz' casting it doesn't mean there's cause for concern or panic. Just sit tight and wait.
  • They had to negotiate the multi-movie deal with Waltz, it takes a lot of time :) [Just kidding]
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 267

I think they're just learning from what happened during early production of Skyfall. Michael even said at the press conference from Skyfall that the film's title was "the worst-kept secret in London". I think they're just learning from their "mistakes" and it is very early on and we have a lot of time to learn more about the film. They've not even started filming yet and people are already getting worried.

Let's call it "Post-Bond depression"?
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly