SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I am getting a bit worried. Filming is supposed to start next week and we have no idea where and more importantly WHEN the press conference will be held. By the way, the first Star Wars trailer will be released online the day after tomorrow and that's for a movie that will be released a month AFTER Bond 24 which hasn't even begun shooting yet! And NO rumors about the main Bond girl... Am I the only one who is starting to get a bit panicky? Will Bond 24 be delayed? (I would not care about a delay of the release date but I am really scared of a delay of the principal photography...)

think of how special effects heavy the Star Wars films are though compared to James Bond... Star Wars will need a full year to get all those SPX shots and scenes done - that is why their production schedule is usually a year and a half to 2 years...

i wouldn't be worried at all for the production.. things seem to be moving along full steam ahead - it seems the production crews in the various shooting locations seem to be getting ramped up and ready to go as well... IMO, no news is good news..

i think EON right now are playing this one really close to the chest in terms of letting information leak... the casting around SF, it's title, and plot, were some of the worst kept secrets going into the 2012 production... this time, i think EON is keeping the lid on the cookie jar sealed tight until THEY want to reveal it.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Serious script problems, difficulties with finding the right locations, no lead actress (and possibly no actor to play the main villain), no press conference in sight, etc. etc. Bond 24 will be delayed, possibly completely abandoned even. Just wait and see. :bz
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I must admit, they are being extremely tight lipped. I wonder what the contracts say about leaks.... Normally you can't stop a leak from coming out of a production this big. They've done a magnificent job, so far. I'm very impressed.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Serious script problems, difficulties with finding the right locations, no lead actress (and possibly no actor to play the main villain), no press conference in sight, etc. etc. Bond 24 will be delayed, possibly completely abandoned even. Just wait and see. :bz

Wow that is a lot of panic. Rest assured, no announced news is not the same as there being nothing to announce.

And the biggest surprises are still to come, I reckon.

Patience draws the prize.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 212
    Jany Temime is the Bond 24 costume desinger

http://t.co/z9xzQc5cJE
  • RC7RC7

Go and have a cup of tea.
  • Serious script problems, difficulties with finding the right locations, no lead actress (and possibly no actor to play the main villain), no press conference in sight, etc. etc. Bond 24 will be delayed, possibly completely abandoned even. Just wait and see. :bz

Completely abandoned? That's a tad negative even from where I am standing, but I agree with you,that I feel that for some reasons they are not getting their act together. My reasoning is that I don't happen to believe, that they have so much secrecy in them. In the times of Twitter and Facebook it's just hard to hide things completely (not to forget the stars managers,who are always busy keeping them the talk of the town and also know how to use Twitter). Most of the time, if you don't hear about something it might just not exist.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2014 Posts: 11,139

Ah, good. I personally like what she did in SF although not many people appreciated the tight, too close to body suits but I for one appreciated it. If you're in good shape it works and furthermore, Bond and realistically practical have a very loose relationship (pun not intended).
    What I am really hoping is that during the press conference next week they will announce a slight delay of the release date. If Bond 24 premiered in the spring or summer of 2016 that would result in a less rushed production and a better film.

Does the article really state that she has won two Oscars so far? If so, it's incorrect as she has never even been nominated. Anyway, good news, I liked her work on Skyfall! Oh, and it's funny how the article refers to Hoyte van Hoytema as a Dutch cinematographer even though he does NOT consider himself Dutch.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

Ah, good. I personally like what she did in SF although not many people appreciated the tight, too close to body suits but I for one appreciated it. If you're in good shape it works and furthermore, Bond and realistically practical have a very loose relationship (pun not intended).

Didn't Tom Ford take care of Craigs suits? Anyway I consider QoS suits much superior looking than those in SF. The former just look sharp while the latter simply look shrunk in the laundry. Craig looks like a " muscle dwarf " in them.
    RC7 wrote: »

I don't think, he was serious.
    Germanlady wrote: »

I was not serious about the movie possibly being completely abandoned, but I was 100% serious when I wrote that I fear a possible delay. (Just to clarify, I would not mind a delay of the release date. What I would mind is the delay of the complete production including the start of filming.)
    What I am really hoping is that during the press conference next week they will announce a slight delay of the release date. If Bond 24 premiered in the spring or summer of 2016 that would result in a less rushed production and a better film.

A 2016 release is ridiculous and even then more time won't guarantee a better movie. The time they have now to make and release the film is sufficient enough. This isn't a rushed production.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

Didn't Tom Ford take care of Craigs suits? Anyway I consider QoS suits much superior looking than those in SF. The former just look sharp while the latter simply look shrunk in the laundry. Craig looks like a " muscle dwarf " in them.

Correct Ford did tailor the suits for QoS and for SF but Tamime is the designer and I agree, I too prefer the suits of QoS but I have no issues with the SF suits either.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 512

Does the article really state that she has won two Oscars so far? If so, it's incorrect as she has never even been nominated. Anyway, good news, I liked her work on Skyfall! Oh, and it's funny how the article refers to Hoyte van Hoytema as a Dutch cinematographer even though he does NOT consider himself Dutch.

Not true, van Hoytema considers himself Dutch, he speaks Dutch. His parents are Dutch. He doesn't consider him Swedish. You mixed it up.

Didn't know Jany Temime was Dutch. That's really cool! (I'm Dutch too)

For once, I agree, that Tamime was wrong with that "lets show off that body" in those tiny suits. QOS was perfect.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601

I was not serious about the movie possibly being completely abandoned, but I was 100% serious when I wrote that I fear a possible delay. (Just to clarify, I would not mind a delay of the release date. What I would mind is the delay of the complete production including the start of filming.)

Since we KNOW, that behind the scenes pre-production is off the ground and running, this seems not possible.

I'm impatient, but not worried. In fact, with the most recent casting rumors, I'm carefully optimistic. I trust Christoph Waltz to be a more believable villain (if indeed he plays a villain) than the youthful, Chiwetel Ejiofor.
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Not true, van Hoytema considers himself Dutch, he speaks Dutch. His parents are Dutch. He doesn't consider him Swedish. You mixed it up.

@JWPepper I did not mix up anything. Here is a direct quote from Hoyte van Hoytema:

"I feel like a Swedish cinematographer. [...] I always get irritated when they try to claim me in Holland because I haven’t lived in Holland for 18 years and they never wanted me as a cinematographer; they rejected me out of the film school twice, they never gave me a nice job. Holland has done nothing for me in terms of everything that’s in that way important to me. I’m very happy that Sweden has been generous enough to adopt me. So they should claim me 100%."

Source: http://www.thedaysofyore.com/hoyte-van-hoytema/
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399

i'll address these one by one :)..

serious script problems - while it certainly looked that way when Mendes has to go crawling back to P&W, it seems that has all been resolved - with Mendes even bringing back in Butterworth to add a final polish on it (just like he did with SF)... take some solace in that whatever script Mendes has in his hands right now, he is happy with.... if there were still problems, we'd know by now - and given Mendes credentials, i doubt he'd go into production on a script he wasn't confident in... so if anything, be glad he ordered the rewrites - that means he cares..

no lead actress - Lea Seydoux might indeed be our lead actress... there is no way to know for sure, because her role wasn't defined in the press release. But with as little main principles that SF had, I'm willing to bet we either have seen all the major casting already, or there is still 1 more to come... remember, no one knows what the story is, or what it calls for...

difficulties with finding the right locations - i dont see this at all.... in fact, this time around seems rather smooth compared to SF, where India was all set to go, then cancelled at the last minute - leaving them to scramble and eventually settle on Istanbul.... the only country that could pose a problem is Italy, because of some laws recently passed there - but since those reports came out, we've heard nothing else, which to me says things are okay right now..

no press conference in sight - yeah i got nothing on that one...

Bond 24 will be delayed - I will say this.. if production is delayed at all, it will have stemmed from the script rewriting back in late September early October... so, it very well could be a possibility..... BUT..... i would say the delay would mean instead of starting the first week of December - they would start the first week of January.... but until something is confirmed, the first week of December seems to still be the start date.
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    I am getting a bit worried. Filming is supposed to start next week and we have no idea where and more importantly WHEN the press conference will be held.

Like I said before:
    If it really starts shooting on december 6th, it is crazy that we know nothing about the press conference yet.

Skyfall's press conference was announced one week before it was held, Quantum's just one day before.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=5804

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9765

Baz could well lift the lid on the girl on Friday, or, get this, we may get a surprise. Would be nice for once.

How do you explain the lack of news like this one?
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9734
    I think, it makes NO sense at all to go into this NOW. We will know for sure next week, so what good could it do? Like I said before, things are steaming up behind the curtain, no sign of any more delays.
    A week from today is only the fourth. I'd give it up to another full week before thinking they may delay the start of filming. Even then I still firmly believe principal photography will commence before the end of January. The only reasoning for that is a comment by Hoytema saying he hopes to start by January.
    I think, it makes NO sense at all to go into this NOW. We will know for sure next week, so what good could it do? Like I said before, things are steaming up behind the curtain, no sign of any more delays.

Ok, but can I panic if we still don't know more than we do now by the end of next week?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I am getting a bit worried. Filming is supposed to start next week and we have no idea where and more importantly WHEN the press conference will be held.

Like I said before:
    If it really starts shooting on december 6th, it is crazy that we know nothing about the press conference yet.

Skyfall's press conference was announced one week before it was held, Quantum's just one day before.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=5804

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9765

Baz could well lift the lid on the girl on Friday, or, get this, we may get a surprise. Would be nice for once.

How do you explain the lack of news like this one?
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9734

Didn't get one for Quantum. Don't worry, it's right around the corner.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Fresh news!!! Won't have a Press Conference prior to filming, just a Photocall.

Thanks for the update, but is there any chance you have a source or link? I trust you, I'd just like to source it in the opening post.

What source, Marketto.

No press conference? I am no expert but doesn't it mean they are hiding something? Or rather they want to hide something...

So they don't want to talk and don't want to answer questions. That does not sound good at all... I smell trouble.