SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Sony Pictures India has just tweeted:

Something will be revealed tonight....

I checked that the local time in Delhi is 16:20, that means we should be seeing the poster in the next few hours.

Can't wait!!

Could the videoblog also be released today?
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 163
    I really don't like this new font they've been using in the videoblogs as well. It looks futuristic cheap, reminds me of the Brosnan era. It doesn't say Bond at all to me, more like Spider-Man or Hunger Games. I hope it doesn't go anywhere near the new poster... or the film.

site3-715x424.jpg

Just realized it's been used before. I knew it looked familiar. May not be important, but I find it interesting.

qos-soundtrack.jpg

• edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Surprised they're not using the Neutra Text, which they've used, I believe, since QoS and has worked well for them

Or at least Montserrat, which is a free Google font that they're using on 007.com as well as on the Spectre logo.
    Isn't the SPECTRE logo a beveled version of Gotham Black?

Could be, but the letters seem larger in width, which is more like Montserrat. And since they're using it on the website as well, I assume it's Montserrat.

Montserrat is based on Gotham anyway, so...

EDIT: I know realize that they're using Gotham on the images they post on Twitter. There's quite some inconsistency from the design team here.

FYI the SPECTRE logo is indeed Gotham, re-done in the style of Faux Occident.

Only reason why they're using Montserrat on the site is because Gotham is not a free Google font unlike Montserrat. All the images posted on social media channels use Gotham because they can use it there.

And yes the font used for the other text on the SPECTRE materials is Stainless Extended - thought at first it was Stereo Gothic but it isn't.
    https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/fontbureau/stainless/ext-regular/ Personally I love the sleeker design they're going for here.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Surprised they're not using the Neutra Text, which they've used, I believe, since QoS and has worked well for them

Or at least Montserrat, which is a free Google font that they're using on 007.com as well as on the Spectre logo.

Could be, but the letters seem larger in width, which is more like Montserrat. And since they're using it on the website as well, I assume it's Montserrat.

EDIT: I know realize that they're using Gotham on the images they post on Twitter. There's quite some inconsistency from the design team here.

Only reason why they're using Montserrat on the site is because Gotham is not a free Google font unlike Montserrat. All the images posted on social media channels use Gotham because they can use it there.

They've actually had Gotham before on the website during the Skyfall era. It was probably an image and not a font, but still. Plus a webfont is also available, so I don't see why they wouldn't get it.

3the-official-james-bond-007-website-bond-in-motion-news.png?w=960

They've actually had Gotham before on the website during the Skyfall era. It was probably an image and not a font, but still. Plus a webfont is also available, so I don't see why they wouldn't get it.

Exactly, it was an image. Gotham is not a web font.

Exactly, it was an image. Gotham is not a web font.

I thought it was mainly because of the heavy use of the font on both Obama's presidential campaigns on all of his websites. I also wonder why it is listed here under webfonts http://www.typography.com/fonts/gotham/webfonts/ But I'm not really an expert in font formats, so.

Nonetheless, I'm still not a fan of that Stainless font. Not that I have a problem with the font itself, but it just doesn't look Bondian to me. Since Bond is going back to the Alps, I would've liked to see some Swiss san-serif font. Or maybe something like Sweet Sans or Sackers Gothic.

47a49ddbda27d33ff8a3e0cb74ba2c.gif

9e22488f7935f572c643624d9dddd0.gif

I'm sorry I don't have Photoshop installed right now, I would've made some posters. These are just demos from myfonts.com
    theres a gotham web version recently been released. Proxima nova is another option
    I know this is probably a minor concern, but when will Daniel Craig get his name above the title? It's about time, the guy has earned it.

All the Bond's in through 1962-1989 had their names on the poster in large font. Pierce Brosnan had to wait till his 4th film

bond_teaser_2.jpg
    With Gotham, it's not on Google's web fonts database though, and that's the widest available free font library. They'd probably have to pay up a bit more to use an actual web version of Gotham.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Ultimate%2BJames%2BBond%2BFonts.jpg
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Retuning to the teaser, the FB page has almost all the entrance at 17:00 GMT. So I think we can expect the teaser to come at that hour
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Retuning to the teaser, the FB page has almost all the entrance at 17:00 GMT. So I think we can expect the teaser to come at that hour

The TEASER POSTER will be revealed at 12 PM (New York time) / 9 AM (Los Angeles time).
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    The TEASER POSTER will be revealed at 12 PM (New York time) / 9 AM (Los Angeles time).

About 2.5 hours...
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 591

So at 4pm in the UK.

So at 4pm in the UK.

Del
    Exactly 17:00 GMT :)>-
    Exactly 17:00 GMT :)>-

In was wrong - US got daylight saving time recently so it will be 4pm until the rest of the world gets it.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    This is going to be a blast! :D
    Today will be a great day guys!
    Ok, you're right. :)
    Normally here is +6 hours, now is +5.
    Better, we have to wait an hour less
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'd like to see them create a poster resembling the Bond posters of the 60s and 70s, something that'll become instantly iconic.
  • tqbtqb
    I'd like something like the CR teaser.
    A lot of people would like a 60s or 70s style poster but I feel like it would be a joke among modern filmgoers. Let the debate begin hah
    11am here in Chicago, perfect!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    People are going to facilitate 6 pages of disappointment when the teaser poster comes out. I can feel it.
    They seem to be quite minimal with the exception of CR. I think it will be the same again? Although I shall look forward to coming home off my shift to see what they have come up with? :D
    Could be, I do hope that it's not just the "Announcement Poster" with a credit block at the bottom...
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    People are going to facilitate 6 pages of disappointment when the teaser poster comes out. I can feel it.

Ha ha, I'm with you.

Someone I know on another forum seemingly confirmed that the teaser trailer is gonna be in cinemas with Furious 7... Which fully backs up the March 28 date.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2015 Posts: 15,423
    So, the full theatrical trailer will be associated with Avengers: Age of Ultron, I presume?
    RC7 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

Ha ha, I'm with you.

agree 100%