Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

1252627282931»

Comments

Now that seems interesting :

I loved the original movie. And I like what I see here. I may be tempted to watch it, if I can.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 13 Posts: 24,689
    Gerard wrote: »
    Now that seems interesting :

I loved the original movie. And I like what I see here. I may be tempted to watch it, if I can.

I love the original film, I read Gilliam walked off set of the new show not happy with what he saw.
    This will be worth a watch!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Big fan of the Edward Fox film from the 70's is this a loose remake? I will definitely give this a look.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The original is going to be very hard to beat, but Redmayne does look a lot like Edward Fox.

Big fan of the Edward Fox film from the 70's is this a loose remake? I will definitely give this a look.

I don't know, but the fact that they're making a "Jackal" series is enough to get me interested!
    The original is going to be very hard to beat, but Redmayne does look a lot like Edward Fox.

Indeed. I've only watched the original film once and that was many years ago. I definitely need to see that one again.

I don't know, but the fact that they're making a "Jackal" series is enough to get me interested!

Indeed. I've only watched the original film once and that was many years ago. I definitely need to see that one again.

My memory may be miss remembering though was there a Richard Gere and Bruce Willis take on The Jackel?

My memory may be miss remembering though was there a Richard Gere and Bruce Willis take on The Jackel?

Yes, there was this film. I have never seen it, so I don't know how much inspiration they took from the film and/or the source novel.

edited July 29 Posts: 24,689

Yes, there was this film. I have never seen it, so I don't know how much inspiration they took from the film and/or the source novel.

Great cast a bit hokey typical 90's film, I think i had it on VHS.

Bruce Willis has a face that no matter what disguise he uses he looks the same.
    The remake was awful. No matter what they do they will not surpass the original!
    I remember reading producer Michael Deeley saying he passed on developing the original film, with huge regret, as he completely missed the point of the movie, which wasn't about the assassination itself, but on the Jackals meticulous planning!
  • edited July 30 Posts: 17,633

It certainly looks like a very 90's kind of action film!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    The remake was awful. No matter what they do they will not surpass the original!
    I remember reading producer Michael Deeley saying he passed on developing the original film, with huge regret, as he completely missed the point of the movie, which wasn't about the assassination itself, but on the Jackals meticulous planning!

Interesting trivia, @Mathis1! Of the films Michael Deeley was involved with that I have seen, I think Robbery and The Italian Job are my favourites.

Interesting trivia, @Mathis1! Of the films Michael Deeley was involved with that I have seen, I think Robbery and The Italian Job are my favourites.

Michael Deeley was also Producer of The Deer Hunter, Dont Look Now, The Man who Fell to Earth and Blade Runner! Though I can't forgive him for being the one who ordered the butchering of one of my favourite films, The Wicker Man.

Michael Deeley was also Producer of The Deer Hunter, Dont Look Now, The Man who Fell to Earth and Blade Runner! Though I can't forgive him for being the one who ordered the butchering of one of my favourite films, The Wicker Man.

I'm almost embarrassed to mention that I've only seen Blade Runner out of these, and that was a long, long time ago!

I'm almost embarrassed to mention that I've only seen Blade Runner out of these, and that was a long, long time ago!

You should be embarrassed 😂
    Seriously though, even they would be hailed highly by critics, I am not a fan of The Man who Fell to Earth and The Deer Hunter!
    Don't Look Now is excellent and well worth a watch. I recently bought a beautiful steelbook of The Wicker Man, even though I own several copies, and Blade Runner looks stunning in 4k! I saw it in the cinema when it was originally released, but the Directors cut got rid of the two things I had issues with then ( the narration and the upbeat ending!) so now I think it's a masterpiece!

You should be embarrassed 😂
    Seriously though, even they would be hailed highly by critics, I am not a fan of The Man who Fell to Earth and The Deer Hunter!
    Don't Look Now is excellent and well worth a watch. I recently bought a beautiful steelbook of The Wicker Man, even though I own several copies, and Blade Runner looks stunning in 4k! I saw it in the cinema when it was originally released, but the Directors cut got rid of the two things I had issues with then ( the narration and the upbeat ending!) so now I think it's a masterpiece!

I probably should watch all of these, to be fair, and The Man Who Fell to Earth is a bit interesting – if only for the fact that it features David Bowie! But the one film of these that I probably want to see the most, is The Wicker Man. It looks like a great one.
    edited August 9 Posts: 24,689
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Gentlemen is getting a second season at Netflix:

https://deadline.com/2024/08/the-gentlemen-renewed-season-2-netflix-1236040074/

I really need to check out the first season.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's on my watch list too. I'm currently burning through Bosch which is a fantastic show
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's on my watch list too. I'm currently burning through Bosch which is a fantastic show

I honestly don't know if I saw the ending of Bosch but I binged through several seasons of it and had a good time with it.