Star Wars (1977 - present)

1247248249250251253»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    thedove wrote: »
    It can certainly allow some creative time to breathe and think about a new direction. In CR they had the idea and creative angle. This time they have nothing. I would like them to take as long as they need to move things along to a suitable point to start.

Unless they have already considered pulling together bits and pieces of Fleming's novels as yet unused.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Possibly @DarthDimi the cupboard is getting bare but there are some ideas left.

As for Star Wars it might be wise to pause, but Disney+ needs content and so I think we shall see a steady stream (pardon the pun) of SW content coming up shortly. I hope that more attention is paid to the writing and the plots. Time to really deliver a banger.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    thedove wrote: »
    Possibly @DarthDimi the cupboard is getting bare but there are some ideas left.

As for Star Wars it might be wise to pause, but Disney+ needs content and so I think we shall see a steady stream (pardon the pun) of SW content coming up shortly. I hope that more attention is paid to the writing and the plots. Time to really deliver a banger.

The problem is that Disney wants to create a 'Disney Star Wars' and something about that doesn't always pay off. Star Wars works best for me when it tries to tell a good story first and deliver family-friendly vibes second, not the other way around.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Presumably they finished shooting a while ago as Pascal is making Fantastic Four, isn't he? Or maybe he's not present for a lot of Mando.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    He really doesn’t have to be on set does he? Unless he’s unmasked, this is essentially a voice over work.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think I read something that said he did a certain amount of stuff on set in the first or second series, and was barely there at all for the third. I do remember a few shots where I could feel that, but generally it doesn't make much difference.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 10 Posts: 24,776
    The first time Vader speaks in Star Wars was earth shattering and impacted cinema forever, what a legend James earl Jones is.