The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    He was born in the land of ice and snow
    Where the weather is fierce and the valleys lay low
    With a warrior's strength and a sword sharpened right
    He saved his village from many a plight
    A man of much courage was he

No enemy was saved from the force of his blade
    Kingdoms all across the land were his alone to raid
    His territories were numerous and his monarchy true
    He was the bravest of God's children his people ever knew
    A man of much power was he

His lovers were great in number,
    The ferocity of his sex keeping any from slumber
    In his possession was an unflappable nature and alluring charm
    Under his watchful eyes his women never came to harm
    A man of much passion was he

He'd face any threats coming both near or far
    Attacking by land or from the nearest star
    His strength had no limits, his fight would never end
    Enemies of his kingdom had much with to contend
    A man of much ferocity was he

The greatest threat to which he'd ever known
    Was a fire breather with scales hard as stone
    He met this dragon on an emerald cliff
    Two titans in battle, both resolves stiff
    A man suited for war was he

For many an hour he and the dragon exchanged blows
    How long the fight lasted, not a man living knows
    Yet still our fierce warrior made that fire breather dead
    And with his blade he severed the mighty dragon's head
    From this battle, his moniker is derived

After many a year his face had wrinkled and his hair grayed
    Yet still in that ever beating heart valiance true had stayed
    Though aged and worn was he by time's cruel hand
    A ruler he remained til death came calling of that much-loved land
    A man of much resilience he would always be

His name is @Dragonpol, and boy do we love him. He joined us near the start of 2013, and has since then become a part of the family here at the MI6C. His natural affinity for crafting an ambitious and knowledgable Bond-centric blog are met only by his tendencies for smart and measured debates. Although he changes his profile image more than his underwear, something that always stays the same is the enthusiasm he brings to this forum and the hilarity he engages in with members like @Thunderfinger and @QBranch. I very much look forward to interacting with him on these pages as time goes on, as well as delving more into his blog full of informational articles on all aspects of Bondology. Here's to you, @Dragonpol. Cheers, mate! :)>-
    @Dragonpol offers great discussions and interesting insights from new angles into the world of Bond. My salute goes to you!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Are we starting voting for next week?

I'll give my vote to @MayDayDiVicenzo. Thoroughly deserved.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll nominate @Master_Dahark.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'll nominate @Master_Dahark.

Better make that two. :)
    A last kiss for you, @Dragonpol. Next up: @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.
    A last kiss for you, @Dragonpol. Next up: @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.

You always were one for paying lip service, @Thunderfinger. ;)
    And fingerservice.
  • @Dragonpol has always been a friendly, intelligent member of our fine community here, and it's great that his blog is back up and running. If only @TheWizardOfIce were here. To many more posts, here and on the blog!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Mayday has my vote this time around .
  • A third nomination for @Master_Dahark.
    Sorry, I've really fallen behind on this thread. @Dragonpol is one of the members where it just wouldn't be the same without him. He's friendly, he's intelligent and when it comes to the novels he's probably the most knowledgeable member here. Cheers mate.

I think I'll vote for @RogueAgent this week.
    Sorry, I've really fallen behind on this thread. @Dragonpol is one of the members where it just wouldn't be the same without him. He's friendly, he's intelligent and when it comes to the novels he's probably the most knowledgeable member here. Cheers mate.

:O Are you on the wrong end of several vespers my dear boy? ;)
    RogueAgent wrote:

I never realised until now that you haven't had a turn yet. You'll be getting my vote next time. :D :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:

I never realised until now that you haven't had a turn yet. You'll be getting my vote next time. :D :-bd

That is because I operate by stealth? B-)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

That is because I operate by stealth? B-)

It's long over due praise for you. :-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    There are several worthy members of course. :)
    This week I am voting for: @Master_Dahark.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I figured I'll finally post, can't believe it's taken me this long to return and reply. All past members I heavily appreciate, and I sincerely apologize for not entering at a much earlier date.

Like most have said, the forums wouldn't be the same without @Dragonpol. While our focus is almost always dedicated to the films, Dragonpol came with heavily literary knowledge and brought a lot of literary topics to the forefront, which spiced this up, and for that, friend, I thank you.
  • Dragonpol has this magnetic spirit, a sophistication only matched by James Bond or even better that of Vesper or the most-charming villain we haven't seen yet (I guess Vesper is a villain though she loved Bond). Dragonpol's skills and passion for literature and in-depth analysis certainly earns his spot on this forum with our top experts here. Thanks for being with us, bro.

Dragonpol is a good call from me too! This allows me to remain in the shadows! B-)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Dragonpol is a good call from me too! This allows me to remain in the shadows! B-)

He's been honoured. We're choosing the next victim I mean, worthy member. ;-)
    RogueAgent wrote:

He's been honoured. We're choosing the next victim I mean, worthy member. ;-)

Oh Willy your burning my cover here! ;)
    bumping this so we can move our voting along ... :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I want to salute M_Balje! He's one of our oldest members (since 2002 on the old forum IIRC) and his a genius.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I want to salute M_Balje! He's one of our oldest members (since 2002 on the old forum IIRC) and his a genius.

Wow! That's good enough for me! M_Balje gets my vote too!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I know, right! Can't wait for that one \m/
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yes, he's a ledgend. Let's honour him! My vote thus goes to M_Balje as well!
    Voting so far:

Master_Dahark - 4
    M_Balje - 3
    MayDayDiVicenzo - 2
    BeatlesSansEarmuffs - 1
    RogueAgent - 1
    M_Balje is also worthy, yes. :)
    I'm not changing my vote for now; I'm sticking with the ultimate Master_Dahark for this round.
    But everybody mentioned for sure deserves a nod. As well as others I can think of, too.