The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    You passed with flying colors, ;)

(Oh my, we can have so many Beatles references this week - yay!)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, you are unique. Your little essays are among my favourite reading here, and who ever sees you being unfriendly towards other members? It is a blessing for us all to have you here. Thanks for joining and thanks for posting and thanks for just being you.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I managed to get a short break from running through Q's experimental procedures (oh, that man, never checks his calculations) just to salute @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.

We love you, yeah, yeah, yeah
    We love you, yeah, yeah, yeah
    And with a name like that
    You know you should be glad.

Now seriously, here's my toast to one of the classiest members of this community oregonian_martini.gif

Now if you'll all excuse me, got to run. I left Q alone in the lab for too long and I fear he might have blown something up...
  • @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, you are unique. Your little essays are among my favourite reading here, and who ever sees you being unfriendly towards other members?

Thanks, Thunder. (We're all on a first name basis in my mind!) Actually, there HAVE been times...but nobody ever sees them because I take pains to keep it:

Undercover
    Out of Sight
    Undercover of the Night...!

Ooh, wait, those are Rolling Stones lyrics, not Beatles! Never mind... Forget I said that...

As it happens, Undercover is one of my fav Stones albums. I still own it. On a cassette.
  • Thanks for the martini, Sandy. Good luck keeping Q in line, don't even get me started on R! And just to get another song into the mix...

This week I said these words to my friends
    You know this process never really ends
    Read Bond (read Bond)
    Watch Bond (watch Bond
    Think Bond (think Bond)
    Write Bond (write Bond)
    Salute me this week, and I'll salute you! Woah yeah...

(I've gotta say, I just love the building tension of the call & response segment of "Please Please Me!" It was their first real record, and Lennon/McCartney just pulled out all the stops, composition-wise, on that song!)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,480
    "Woke up, fell out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head ... "

Then went on this forum and laughed my ass off, cheered up, and sallied forth to meet my day well fortified from the kind words, charm, fun, and good humor often on display on these threads - and more often than not, from your posts, dear BeatlesSansEarmuffs.

Here's to you again, Beatles, on this fine sunny day here in western Japan. I love how I can connect with people all over the world on this forum. And you are part of the cream at the top.

"Here comes the sun, and I say: It's all right ... "

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDyQ5i8XHys5meuO1mW5ltd9AlUe_t4XEkPCqnWvtPubGV-KH8

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I followed him Across the Universe, where we soared through the galaxy Free as a Bird. We became fast friends and partners, and soon all I would have to do is Shout 'Help!' and he would be there to rescue me. I often asked him "How Do you Do It?" but me just smiled modestly and said it was his duty to do all he could at any time he was needed. For years we stood side by side, protecting the universe from all known threats though we were both a Long, Long, Long way from our respective homes. Lady Madonna was our queen, and our quest was hers to give. She entrusted our hearts with faith and our holsters with blasters, all in the hopes that we would save the galaxy from a Madman called the Nowhere Man, who had our entire world in Chains through the power of his tyranny and military might. Our queen called for a Revolution against him, and our mission was to get other planets from across the galaxy to Come Together and join our forces to stop Nowhere Man once and for all.

Our mission was never easy, and we seemed to be getting shot at more than we were successfully recruiting anyone. A Day in the Life of two lovable rogues, I guess you could say. It was on one especially empty night that my partner and I hit the local bar of the planet we had crashed on, unaware that my life would be changed forever. We entered the packed bar exhausted and crestfallen, where an act called Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was playing a great set of tunes to lift up our spirits, and boy did we have a good time. It was that night that I met the Girl of my dreams, the unforgettable Eleanor Rigby. I was Glad All Over when I Saw Her Standing There across the smoke-filled room, her eyes shining on my soul like the Good Day Sunshine. I was nervous at first, but once we began talking I opened up and told her that though I had traveled Here, There and Everywhere I had never met another woman like her. She said Hold Me Tight and together we hit the dance floor to Twist and Shout all night. Looking into her eyes I knew that If I Fell she and my partner would be there to pick me up, and so a trio was formed.

Following that night each of us were invested in our mission to locate and destroy the Nowhere Man, traveling planet to planet recruiting some Young Blood to join us in our fight. We took a rocket to Mars and convinced the anthropomorphic Rocky Raccoon and his band of misfits to join us, piloted a Yellow Submarine to the depths of the ocean floor to meet with Mean Mr. Mustard and his mermen, and went to the deepest and darkest side of the moon to speak with Mr. Moonlight along the Moonlight Bay who provided a troupe of a hundred to our group. Afterwards, we tracked down the Paperback Writer who was hired to scribe Nowhere Man's biography, and "persuaded" him to leak our tryrant's location.

After some Searchin' we were able to find his headquarters and stormed his compound as one massive army. The blasters and bullets rang out all over our heads, bringing down debris like Rain as we entered the main throne room that our villain presided over. We had let Nowhere Man slip through our fingers once before, but surely Not a Second Time. In Spite of All the Danger I charged him and told all of my comrades to Get Back as we faced off once and for all. We were engaged in a sword fight as our forces went to battle against his, and as I was being surrounded I felt my morale wane. After an exhaustive bout Nowhere Man blocked my fiercest blows, knocked me off my feet and onto my back, preparing to drive his blade clean through me when my partner heroically tackled him to the ground, covered his torso with a gasoline-like solution from his blaster, and lighting a match on his Matchbox, set the tyrant ablaze. As he laid smoking, our army beat his down like a hammer to a nail, until only a few dozen survived, who all surrendered themselves to us. We had conquered the vile man, reclaimed democracy for the galaxy, and wiped out the tyrannical regime once and for all, living happily ever after thanks in part to the hero who saved the day and showed me all that can be accomplished With a Little Help From My Friends.

His name is @BeatlesSansEarmuffs and we're glad to have him! Beatles has only been a member here for a little over a year, but has made himself quite at home in many of our forum's greatest threads, most notably Sir Henry's thread for the Originals. His posts are always full of intelligence and insightfulness, displaying a measured passion and knowledge of a series of books and films we all love. Without his presence our dear 'ol MI6 Community would be a forum sans fun. I very much look forward to getting to know him more, reading his posts and engaging in debates alongside him as time goes on. Here's to you, @Beatles! :)>-

See-who-is-watching-us-the-beatles-31653631-495-330.gif
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 3,564
    Ah, 0Brady, thanks so much for your reminiscence of those grand times spent together ... it feels like we were Legends in the making! I can only quote another fabulous foursome in response: this from Abba...

If I had to do the same again, I would my friend,
    0Brady

And now, as it is late at night/early in the morning for me, and the end of a long day rockin' & rollin' for the crowd, this from JPG&R:

Now it's time to say Good Night
    Good night, sleep tight
    Now the Moon begins to shine
    Good night, sleep tight
    Dream sweet dreams for you, dream sweet dreams for me....
    Mmmm, mmmmmmm...
    (Good night everybody...everybody everywhere.......)
    :ar!
    May golden slumbers fill your eyes, dear Beatles.

Chat with you tomorrow! I-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think that this should be revived again - what do we think?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I think that this should be revived again - what do we think?

It was a wonderful tradition that we lost. I'm all for getting back to it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Seems a wonderful idea for a thread. :)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm in! Great thread, shame it was neglected.
    Yes, please remind @StirredNotShaken; it is his thread.
    I hereby nominate @StirredNotShaken for a round of due appreciation.
    I hereby nominate @StirredNotShaken for a round of due appreciation.

As do I.
    You guys. I love all of you.

I will not declare myself the member of the week unless I reach five votes or if we hit Friday and I have no other contenders. I just couldn't see that as unbiased on my part. But you're all amazing and i'm sorry I've been so absent.
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    @StirredNotShaken you shall accept this appreciation, for it is not without reason.
    You are a much valued and loyal member of Mi6. You have made many great contribtions to the forum in your time, and I hope we will see many more.
    SNS, I salute you Sir.
    You guys. I love all of you.

I will not declare myself the member of the week unless I reach five votes or if we hit Friday and I have no other contenders. I just couldn't see that as unbiased on my part. But you're all amazing and i'm sorry I've been so absent.

Give us your own vote, and we are up to four. I voted for myself for months and it payed off.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @StirredNotShaken? Absolutely. Amazing member and contributor, I love having you around!
    Well, we're at Saturday and nobody else has been nominated. I will leave it to you all: am I to be the featured member this week?
    Well, we're at Saturday and nobody else has been nominated. I will leave it to you all: am I to be the featured member this week?

Zachary, you handsome devil!

Without this thread of love, where would our community be? I suspect that you are the only one here who keeps us from entering civil war.

Always a pleasure to read your posts, such manners that I can only dream of.

You are very much appreciated here, SNS.
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    Adjusted the thread title so we can all pay our homages to the one and only @StirredNotShaken
    1531884_697603753591901_214110-5492b7b34f1b6.jpg
    You are all too good to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We miss you @StirredNotShaken, You've been good to us. :)
    edited December 2015 Posts: 18,185
    Hats off to @StirredNotShaken for creating this wonderful thread and being such a great contributor to our community here, May I give you a 21 gun salute?:

article-2335239-1A1FED2A000005DC-894_964x595.jpg
    It is Friday, and calling all members who have been here for a while. What happened to this thread? Three months and you know you love StirredNotShaken, so tell him while he is still alive.
    It is Friday, and calling all members who have been here for a while. What happened to this thread? Three months and you know you love StirredNotShaken, so tell him while he is still alive.

We certainly do love him - it's a pity that this thread fell into disuse as it kept the community spirit up as it were. Hopefully, it'll be revived soon. :)