George Lazenby and Pierce Brosnan's War of Words

1234568»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Getafix wrote: »
    Connery was increasingly doing a caricature as his tenure went on.
    He was unhappy with the franchise & his lack of financial remuneration considering he in part helped create it. I can't blame him as an actor. Maybe a bit as an artist though.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Brilliantly put as always @Getafix :) Your comment, "So many people on here rank OHMSS as amongst the best Bond movies but Laz almost invariably gets ranked last amongst the actors, as if it's pure coincidence that he happens to be in one of the best Bond movies. It just doesn't add up" nails the paradox astutely. I look forward to reading your views on Spectre.

I'm seeing it tonight in London. Very much looking forward to it. Sure I'll have some gripes but am fully expecting a major improvement on SF.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Connery was increasingly doing a caricature as his tenure went on.
    He was unhappy with the franchise & his lack of financial remuneration considering he in part helped create it. I can't blame him as an actor. Maybe a bit as an artist though.

Still my favourite Bond though! In a way I don't mind the campy self characterture in DAD. It was a natural progression in some respects, anticipating the direction Sir Rog would later take with the role.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Interesting stuff.