It Seems There Are More QoS Appreciators Than Thought Before

1585960616264»

Comments

• The QoS video game does a great job of storytelling......I hope AI can help us get a lifelike looking version of QoS recut. Or a remaster of the game for a newer console with updated graphics to fill the gaps.
    The QoS video game does a great job of storytelling......I hope AI can help us get a lifelike looking version of QoS recut. Or a remaster of the game for a newer console with updated graphics to fill the gaps.

I'll repeat it again: what we need is a series of graphic novels set between QOS and SF.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I'll second that, again!
  • QoS has aged very well....the style still holds up! That includes the costume/cltohing, cinematography, music and when a song is played at the right moment in each scene....the set designs with the contemporary furniture have held up really well.

What if.....?
    The film can be viewed metaphorically as Bond is the villain being consumed by his vengeance....he might be the villain of this film. And metaphorically, Camille might have died in the fire. Dominic Greene died in the dessert on his own. Bind driving Green was a metaphor. Camille arriving at a cemetery and a train station to a mysterious unknown might symbolize passing on to the next world.

• edited September 9 Posts: 3,833
    QOS isn't a film about Bond being consumed by revenge though. Camille's emptiness after avenging her family makes him realise how pointless being driven by it would be. It's all there in their final scene - Camille effectively asks whether it was worth it/her loved ones can sleep now, and Bond replies that the dead don't care about vengeance. Remember, this is the point in the film where it's confirmed to Bond via Green that Yussief was a honey trap agent. The next scene is Bond confronting Yussief and having him arrested rather than killing him and taking revenge (which would be easy for Bond to do). He realises what being consumed by it did to Camille. It didn't bring her solace. He avoided going down that path and simply stuck to fulfilling his duty.

I wouldn't overcomplicate QOS. It's a relatively simple story that comes down to that pretty much. It's not an overly metaphorical film (at least when you strip away some of the odd dialogue such as Mathis banging on about pills, or Camille talking about Bond's 'prison').
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The organization restricting water supply in the desert represents SPECTRE disrupting the flow of harmony in Bond's life. Remember, the element of water is a symbol for life; vitality. To reclaim that vitality, he must dive deep; delve into the dark (parachuting into the sinkhole) and rediscover that flow (the underground reservoirs). This is his path to consolation - an uneven path of rock and rubble. A riverbed - the ultimate depth. This is Bond's life hitting rock-bottom, and yet, there is solace in knowing the only way out from here is up. Thus begins his ascension.

Note that this is the only film to feature a black Aston. The vehicle, sheathed in 'quantum black' represents the darkness steering his soul - not to mention the door inevitably breaking off it's hinges being a metaphor for him coveting escape from that darkness, and unveiling an exit forth into the light. He is now solaced.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    QBranch wrote: »
    The organization restricting water supply in the desert represents SPECTRE disrupting the flow of harmony in Bond's life. Remember, the element of water is a symbol for life; vitality. To reclaim that vitality, he must dive deep; delve into the dark (parachuting into the sinkhole) and rediscover that flow (the underground reservoirs). This is his path to consolation - an uneven path of rock and rubble. A riverbed - the ultimate depth. This is Bond's life hitting rock-bottom, and yet, there is solace in knowing the only way out from here is up. Thus begins his ascension.

Note that this is the only film to feature a black Aston. The vehicle, sheathed in 'quantum black' represents the darkness steering his soul - not to mention the door inevitably breaking off it's hinges being a metaphor for him coveting escape from that darkness, and unveiling an exit forth into the light. He is now solaced.

Been drinking Vespers again?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not at all - not even a can of Fororro! But it goes to show that with a bit of effort, you can find metaphors everywhere, even if not intended.
  • QBranch wrote: »

This is such a good explanation of this film!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    QBranch wrote: »
    Not at all - not even a can of Fororro! But it goes to show that with a bit of effort, you can find metaphors everywhere, even if not intended.

I'll say cheers to that ;-)