Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This looks fantastic. Looks like Ridley Scott's got his groove back. 2017 is going to be one expensive year.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Alien: Covenant Red Band Trailer

Warning! This trailer appears to show alot.

Christ, this looks fantastic.
    Blade runner & Alien are back and it looks to be brilliant os far.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When they first came out, Alien was a critical failure and Blade Runner a commercial failure.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited December 2016 Posts: 8,159
    I am looking forward to it, but making it a horror movie is a bit lazy.

I'm actually pretty happy that's the route they're going. We haven't had a good straight up horror Alien film 37 years - and it's been 30 since the last good one - so going back to basics is a good move I think.

Plus, with the remnants of Prometheus' cast expected to show up to complicate matters, I don't think the film is going to be as straightforward as the trailer would make you believe. I don't think they'll be retreading the original that much at all, actually.

Hopefully I'm right.

I really hope I'm right.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ridley Scott is a lot of things, lazy is not one of them. He has a story he wants to tell and this chapter is a horror story; I can't wait. It looks incredible.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited December 2016 Posts: 3,985
    Can't say I'm overly excited by that Alien Covenant trailer. Something about it bugs me.....I mean, an Alien shower scene...?!!!

I remember the trailer for Prometheus made that film look fantastic....

We shall see.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This looks fantastic. Looks like Ridley Scott's got his groove back. 2017 is going to be one expensive year.

Double I want to one day buy you a beer. Largely because you and I see things so differently that well I can bet the conversation at a bar would last well into closing time. I thought the trailer looked ok at best... I could go and create a full list of just how different we see the world (which I believe even goes as far as religion and politics) but still want to buy you a beer
    Alien Covenant looks great! A definite Cinema trip there!!!
    Risico007 wrote: »

Double I want to one day buy you a beer. Largely because you and I see things so differently that well I can bet the conversation at a bar would last well into closing time. I thought the trailer looked ok at best... I could go and create a full list of just how different we see the world (which I believe even goes as far as religion and politics) but still want to buy you a beer

Haha! Cheers, mate. I'm holding you to that.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

'Liam Neeson plays an insurance salesman who must suddenly employ a very special set of skills to uncover the identity of a mysterious stranger on his train before the final stop – lest everyone onboard dies'

Yep, I need 'The Commuter' right now!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    What do we think of the chances of Neeson making more thrillers after The Communter? Look at his 'Projects in development' on his IMDB page, at least two of them sound like they are action thrillers (The Escapist and The Revenger).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,703
    @MajorDSmythe Neeson has signed on to make 'In Order of Disappearance' (if they stay true to the original film, Neeson will go on a brutal revenge in a snowy location against a mafia organization), he is also linked to 'Narco Sub' (a submarine thriller where Neeson will try to recover a stolen nuclear missile/whatever) and about a year ago he agreed to do 'The Reluctant Patriot' where he plays a CIA agent who will single-handidely take down an entire terrorist network in South America. And yes, 'The Revenger' is an action/comedy by the director of Zombieland, and 'The Escapist' is a remake of a prison escape thriller (with Brian Cox, made in 2008 I think).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That's even better. More old school, old man badassery. B-)

I still need to see The A-Team, The Grey and A Walk Among The Tombstones.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    'Liam Neeson plays an insurance salesman who must suddenly employ a very special set of skills to uncover the identity of a mysterious stranger on his train before the final stop – lest everyone onboard dies'

So...Non-Stop and Taken had a baby, then? All these films are starting to blend together for me now, and that's not good.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Me too! Someone needs to fill the void left by Clint's departure from the action genre, and Liam is doing a fine job of it as far as I'm concerned. Heck, he's also filling the shoes left by Van Damme, Seagal, Willis etc.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,703
    @bondjames I don't care what it takes, but someone in Hollywood must green-light an action film featuring both Liam Neeson and Denzel Washington being total badasses before they get too old.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A man on a mission.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Probably the only comic book movie I'm actually looking forward to. Thought the last Wolverine movie was pretty solid, and I love that this one will have an R-rating.
    It should be a crazy send-off for one of the best casting choices in recent moviemaking memory.
    bondjames wrote: »

Me too! Someone needs to fill the void left by Clint's departure from the action genre, and Liam is doing a fine job of it as far as I'm concerned. Heck, he's also filling the shoes left by Van Damme, Seagal, Willis etc.

As a fan of his, Van Damme hasn't gone anywhere, he's still kicking ass. Even some of his later DTV stuff has been worth a watch (Pound Of Flesh had a surprising ammount of emotion for what it was, and in Enemies Closer, Van Damme looked to be doing a Raoul Silva impression).
    Neeson's working overtime in the badass department. Can't wait to see these projects.

That Logan poster is sweet. It's not too jazzed up or some lame photoshop rubbish. It's appeal is in its simplicity.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Neeson's working overtime in the badass department. Can't wait to see these projects.
    quote]

He is; I do remember reading an interview with him where he set a time limit on this type of role. He is approaching that limit; let's see if he sticks to his guns....so to speak.
    January 2017 preview:

I got chocked up just watching the trailer for A Dog's Purpose (so lord knows what the full film will do). I can watch someone getting their head ripped apart at the jaw in a film, and not feel anything, but the thought of mans best friend going to the dog park in the sky, turns me into a blubbering wreck.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    For a reason, I can't see what's in the last post...
    @ClarkDevlin

Does this work?
    That was awesome. Superbly put together.