Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Ben Stiller. I´m still waiting for that Les Grossman film.

Apart from that, the three films where Cruise shone most as an actor were Collateral, Magnolia, and Lions and Lambs. I don´t dig the latter two as films too much. Nor do I care much for Nolan or Inarritu. Villeneuve could probably lure me into anything at the moment.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, Cruise shines in Michael Mann's 'Collateral,' it's a very solid role for him and he kicks lots of ass. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Fincher or Villeneuve movie.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    What about Cruise in a David Fincher film? Just the thought of him in a similar role as Downey Jr in 'Zodiac',a world weary reporter, really gets my pulse going. Cruise would be magnificent in such role.

Or Cruise in a Denis Villeneuve crime film. A dark, twisted, mysterious role like Del Toro in 'Sicario'.
    Just the thought of Cruise with either Fincher or Villeneuve gets the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Great ideas.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Cruise could work with anyone really. One of his best performances is still as Vincent from Michael Mann's Collateral. Cruise could do something with Nolan, Alejandro González Iñárritu and definitely Villeneuve.
    I agree. Cruise has proven he can work with pretty much anyone and everyone. A consummate professional. Collateral is a superb piece of work. You've reminded me that I've got to watch that one again soon.
    ---

Personally, I'm curious to see what kind of roles he decides to take on after his building climbing and plane holding days are over. He did some pretty serious fare in the earlier part of his career (The Firm or A Few Good Men for example), and I can see him going back to that sort of thing. He's also helped to 'bring along' many younger actors (like Pitt and Farrell) like how Hoffman and Newman helped him along in the 80's, and I see him doing that too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    J.A. Bayona, the director of 'The Impossible', will direct the upcoming Jurassic World sequel.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Please no Crusie near neither of those directors, he's in enough thanks.

Not everyone loves seeing this guy on film, if I don't see another TC film again it won't be too soon.
    If you love remakes of remakes, the first photos have premiered online for 'The Magnificent Seven':

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/677859-first-magnificent-seven-photos-featuring-denzel-washington-chris-pratt#/slide/4
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,151
    First pic of Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in the new Power Rangers movie. Nothing like what we know already...

elizabeth-banks-rita-repulsa-power-rangers.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If you love remakes of remakes, the first photos have premiered online for 'The Magnificent Seven':

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/677859-first-magnificent-seven-photos-featuring-denzel-washington-chris-pratt#/slide/4

Lee Byung-Hun, though.
    First pic of Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in the new Power Rangers movie. Nothing like what we know already...]

I swear I thought that was Aquaman's wife before I read it! I like that she looks new though!
    Is this going to be a zany fun Power Rangers reboot, or are they going all 'gritty'?
    A different kind of movie promotion idea... :)

Sneak peak of the trailer for 'The Magnificent Seven', with Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke and Lee Byung-Hun, which will be released in full tomorrow morning!

Hoping to see Eye in the Sky this week, just come out in UK cinemas.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,708
    @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ' The Girl on the Train' trailer!

Looks like an Oscar for Emily Blunt, surely.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Hoping to see Eye in the Sky this week, just come out in UK cinemas.

I thought it was brilliant. Watched it last night with my wife. Can highly recommend it.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ' The Girl on the Train' trailer!

Looks like an Oscar for Emily Blunt, surely.

This looks incredibly good.

edited April 2016 Posts: 15,708
    First poster for this summer's 'The Infiltrator', where Bryan Cranston will try to take down the biggest drug cartel in history.. by himself! And it's a true story. Trailer coming in the next few days apparently.

Cgc5sCEWEAAL92B.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. This is going to be good for sure. It has a bit of a Gone Girl vibe cinematography wise. Emily is definitely on a roll, what with Sicario and now this. Can't wait!
    'The Magnificent Seven' 1st trailer:

Shame they didn't appear to try and make much of it their own, the trailer looks largely generic and I doubt I pay to sit through Pratt trying to make me laugh for two hours. Seems like it's more of the Denzel and Chris show in this, too.
    @Creasy47 maybe I am too easy to please in the action/adventure department, but I am definitely going to see 'Magnificent Seven' on the big screen.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,867
    @Creasy47 maybe I am too easy to please in the action/adventure department, but I am definitely going to see 'Magnificent Seven' on the big screen.

I'm on the opposite end, I'm very hesitant (some would say pessimistic) with film any more, one grows tired eventually of seeing a retread of the same old stuff, again and again, with hardly any originality. Judging from the trailer alone, it looks like Fuqua may not be able to handle a western like I had hoped, and as I said, I worry it'll be the Denzel/Chris show while failing to focus heavily on the five other gunfighters. Time will tell, and I'll surely check it out at some point, just not in theaters.
    Robert De Niro and Edgar Ramirez in a new boxing movie.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    'The Magnificent Seven' 1st trailer:

I'll watch the hell out of this!

And I'm waiting for the uber-classicists to come and criticize it for being a mindless action piece and not being a theater-level entertainment like the original. ;)
    More from these guys...

220px-The_Infiltrator_%282016_film%29.png

Tuulia wrote: »

I need to see this. Now!
    Another great role for Michael Keaton?

• edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    DE PALMA

Cant wait to watch this from a master, sent chills just watching the trailer. Incredible body of work, deserves more credit IMO.
    2nd trailer for 'Independence Day: Resurgence'