Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

:)) Brilliant. =))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I can't wait to see this!!
    A couple more of those character posters.

ng8_1200_1779_81_s.jpg

ng6_1200_1779_81_s.jpg

ng4_1200_1779_81_s.jpg

The-Nice-Guys-Poster-Beau-Knapp_1200_1779_81_s.jpg

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Tuulia wrote: »
    ng8_1200_1779_81_s.jpg
    3o6EhNwX2ewXSDfrDG.gif
    "Hellow Hellow!"
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames get aboard the hype train!

First official poster for 'Inferno' with Tom Hanks

ChyF3RKXIAA-Mqt.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Poster gunbarrel confirmed; Tom Hanks is the new Bond!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007!

This is one of my most awaited films of the year. It's been way too long in the making due to all the delay messing around with The Lost Symbol.

Angels and Demons
    is one of my all time favourite spy thrillers. Absolutely love Hanks as Robert Langdon.

I'm heading out to Civil War right now. Will report back after I've seen it.
    I'll have to go back and re-watch the last two, it's been a while. I recall enjoying the first one a lot.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I went to see 'Da Vinci Code' at the time knowing nothing of the film beforehand. I came out with a huge smile on my face - a very entertaining Indiana Jones-esque adventure film about religions and treasure hunts. I enjoyed the 2nd one, 'Angels and Demons' even more - Hanks was more assured in the role of Langdon, the plot was tighter. This Langdon trilogy is, for me, the true heir of the Indy trilogy (1981-1989).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The book was a huge disappointment. They need to improve upon it for this to work.
    The Norwegian thriller Jackpot (Arme Riddere) from 2011 gets an American remake, starring Bryan Cranston and Mila Kunis.
    The Girl on the Train starring Emily Blunt looks very intriguing. suspenseful. But have to wait until October in the meantime we have to suffer through more comic book adaptations, remakes and sequels.
    Hollywood have the misguided opinion a known property is a safe bet, though many cheaper films are churned out on that basis and will make small profits consistently even thought the films are rubbish.

Now they have redone 'Ben Hur" thinking the new generation of moviegoers will flock to it. A timeless classic, I just hate to see stuff like this.

They even bringing the ape man, Tarzan back. What a crock! Tarzan just doesn't play well these days. I think the last film was like 30 years ago (Greystoke: the Legend of Tarzan). Only as an animated kids film does Tarzan seem to gain any traction. Duh...

Independence Day...Twenty years later. This one does not have Will Smith (one of the many shinning moments of the original) I just have no interest in this sequel...Been there , done that.

The Magnificient Seven looks interesting. Being an old fan of the Western (so few being made these days) and the fact that it stars Denzil Washington and the guy from Jurrassic World has sparked my interest.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,081
    The book was a huge disappointment. They need to improve upon it for this to work.

Indeed. The 3rd Brown book I've read (after The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol) and the quality has just been going down. It would take some convincing to make me read any more of them. As for the movies, I've only seen the first one, and after reading the book, the movie was such a disappointment.

I don't know anything about this, but I like the poster:

the-transfiguration.jpg
    The best Dan Brown book is Digital Fortress.
    Chyj2A4VEAAVqGP.jpg

13419thumb.jpg

Chronic-584518473-large.jpg

The best Dan Brown book is Digital Fortress.

Heck for some reason that reminded me that I have indeed read a non-Langdon Brown book, too, and I had to check the name: Deception Point - didn't like it. The premise for Digital Fortress sounds pretty interesting, at least.
    Never read Deception Point, and I won t. I feel like I am done with Brown.

Digital Fortress is centered around the NSA, and is what got me into Brown in the first place.
    I'm probably done with him, too. Too many other books to read, anyway. Life is too short.
    I'm probably done with him, too. Too many other books books to read, anyway. Life is too short.
    You should read Homer. Greatest author ever.
    Oh? Hmm.

For those interested, the other poster:

inferno.jpg

cafe_society.jpg
    Hmm.

Greek classic writer Homer. Not Homer Simpson.
    I know. :))
    Really looking forward to Inferno I am a big fan of the two previous films.
    Not a film, but a new tv series: Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland is the new President of the United States!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/684541-new-assassins-creed-movie-photos-revealed#/slide/1

Cautiously optimistic for this. The cinematography looks fantastic, the cast is great and the director I'm unfamiliar with but he seems to have made some good films (though it's hard for me to forget that the gig nearly went to Gareth Evans, he'd have been perfect). They seem to be placing more emphasis on the animus modern day side of things which I guess is a good hook to set it apart from the usual historical epics. I just hope that they don't mess it up as it's been executed horribly in all the games imo, except maybe the first one (and that only worked because you were locked in one room the whole time). It was an interesting idea but they messed it up completely beginning with AC 2, I hope the film does it better and I wish the games would just abandon it and go for all out period pieces.

Also not a big fan of the costumes. The lack of white or beaked hood doesn't bother me as it's something the games have been shifting away from anyway but I don't like the logo being on the hood, the face paint is a weird touch and the whole outfit just seems a bit too busy.

The script is also something I'm worried about. What really drew me into the series was the story so I'm not sure giving writing duties to the men behind the Transporter reboot nobody cared about and Exodus: Gods and Kings is a good idea in the slightest. Hopefully the director and Ubisoft can make sure it comes across as at least decently written.

I want to be excited but I just can't bring myself to be at this point. Having said that I'll probably go into fanboy mode the moment the first trailer drops.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

:D I'm so there.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,708
    I don't think these were posted in this thread before, but here's the first look at Tom Cruise in his upcoming 1980's drug related film, 'Mena' directed by Doug Liman:

Looking good, huh @bondjames, @Creasy47, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @doubleoego ?

CbzH0wKUUAEi3-3.jpg

Cf2Hcf7WwAAt0NP.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks for posting @DaltonCraig007. I almost thought those were scenes from The Nice Guys. Tom looks like he would fit right in with those Character Posters above on this thread from that film, with the loud colours and 70's/80's style gear.

Looking good.

My dad used to wear those Frogmouth style trousers - his were made by Farah.
    I've yet to see those, thanks for posting! Looking forward to 'Mena,' even though it's a true story so you know how it ends.

Ten hours until 'The Nice Guys'!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    it's a true story so you know how it ends.

With a post scriptum.